ADVERTISEMENT

KU AD FIRED....

Last bball title was 10 years ago, football remains a perpetual joke and their Olympic sports are generally mediocre to terrible. Seems like the place would be career suicide for any AD, unless they're just looking for "one last great adventure" before retirement.

Reactions: newAD
Last bball title was 10 years ago, football remains a perpetual joke and their Olympic sports are generally mediocre to terrible. Seems like the place would be career suicide for any AD, unless they're just looking for "one last great adventure" before retirement.

Stevey Peddy might still need a job, and could write another book about his 'adventure.'

Yeah they are really struggling in basketball… LOL!!! Winking

No clue if the rumor is true or not, but they are looking to try and get the Clemson AD. If they pulled that off I could see the Clemson DC going to Kansas to be their head coach.

There is no chance that Venables would take the KU job. He makes more money as a DC at Clemson than KU's head coach does. If he wants a head coaching job, he'll have plenty of better options.

Yeah they are really struggling in basketball… LOL!!! Winking

Not struggling in the least. They're the annual Big Xii champs. They make it to the Final Four every five years or so on average. But when the last title is >10 years in the rear view mirror, the light tends to shine more brightly on the other sports.

One of my favorite leisure activities lately has been perusing the KU board. Not that I wish them any ill will but the never ending dispair over there is pretty amusing. Lawrence must be celebrating tonight.

Idk who would want who accept that job. The only thing KU has going for them is BB...

I think this is patently false. If (and that is a huge IF) KU could ever get competitive in football, this could be one of the plum jobs in the country. Good school. Great campus. One of the prettiest stadium settings in all of football (with one of the current worst stadiums, but plans in place to upgrade). A high number of very rich donors who are not afraid to put their money into the program. One of the top 3 or 4 basketball coaches in the country who is a master at PR and promoting the University.

The KU job is all about getting football to a competitive level (it doesn't require championships...win 6-8 games a year...go to a bowl every couple of years and people will be ecstatic). Mangino proved it can happen if everything aligns. He was undercut by an AD who didn't like him because he was fat and his own anger issues.

KU has a very rich tradition in track. Their volleyball team is pretty good (recently a Final Four participant). The other sports suck right now, but can get better.

Again, KU could be one of the plum jobs if they can just get football figured out.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I think this is patently false. If (and that is a huge IF) KU could ever get competitive in football, this could be one of the plum jobs in the country. Good school. Great campus. One of the prettiest stadium settings in all of football (with one of the current worst stadiums, but plans in place to upgrade). A high number of very rich donors who are not afraid to put their money into the program. One of the top 3 or 4 basketball coaches in the country who is a master at PR and promoting the University.

The KU job is all about getting football to a competitive level (it doesn't require championships...win 6-8 games a year...go to a bowl every couple of years and people will be ecstatic). Mangino proved it can happen if everything aligns. He was undercut by an AD who didn't like him because he was fat and his own anger issues.

KU has a very rich tradition in track. Their volleyball team is pretty good (recently a Final Four participant). The other sports suck right now, but can get better.

Again, KU could be one of the plum jobs if they can just get football figured out.

I agree with all of this. I don't think they even need to be "good" in football...they just need to make bowl games. I think it is a sweet AD job, Basketball is set, you know that. No one really cares about other sports. All you need to do is make football not be a joke and you are totally set.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT