ADVERTISEMENT

KSU beats OU, Northwestern loses again

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
As this season progresses it should by now be crystal clear that we are one of the worst teams in D1 football. That is not hyperbole. Let that sink in. Scott Frost turned Nebraska into the 120th ranked team in the country. I bring this up not to heap more coals on his head but to emphasize that our next head coach had better be someone who has proven he can build a successful program from the ruins of the old one.

Completely agree. Total frustration Pennsy. We need a complete overhaul from Strength and Conditioning to technique. Not even going to get started on the O-Line play. K-State pushed OU around last night. Our lines can’t even figure out how to line up.

Of all the “names” I’ve seen out there…Baylor, KU, and KSU are far better coached than Iowa State. I still don’t get the hype with Campbell.

Completely agree. Total frustration Pennsy. We need a complete overhaul from Strength and Conditioning to technique. Not even going to get started on the O-Line play. K-State pushed OU around last night. Our lines can’t even figure out how to line up.

Of all the “names” I’ve seen out there…Baylor, KU, and KSU are far better coached than Iowa State. I still don’t get the hype with Campbell.
Totally agree on Campbell. Leipold intrigues me although I am not impressed with KU’s defense. But he has resurrected a KU program that was in total ruins. He also coached here before and knows Lincoln and NU fans. He also can recruit our region. He has been successful wherever he has coached.

I think Campbell has done a good job for Iowa State. They have had some decent years under Campbell. However, I agree...I have tried to figure out why there is such a stiffy for Matt Campbell. Yes, he is a coach in a place that is probably harder to recruit to than Nebraska. However, he hasn't really won anything (okay a big upset win every now and then)....he fits the "Iowa" definition of success (win some...lose some...it's okay). Do I expect championship football every year from whomever gets hired....NO. However, I do expect progress and good fundamentals.....which was obviously lacking from the last 5 years.

Totally agree on Campbell. Leipold intrigues me although I am not impressed with KU’s defense. But he has resurrected a KU program that was in total ruins. He also coached here before and knows Lincoln and NU fans. He also can recruit our region. He has been successful wherever he has coached.
It’s really hard to evaluate their D given the lack of talent in places. KU’s schedule has been extremely soft so far despite Duke’s record

It’s really hard to evaluate their D given the lack of talent in places. KU’s schedule has been extremely soft so far despite Duke’s record
The W on the road in Morgantown is a good win esp for KU, but yea so far Houston isn't living up to the pre-season hype and everyone has beat NW except us of course. So beating Duke @ home might just be meh too

Reactions: dinglefritz
As this season progresses it should by now be crystal clear that we are one of the worst teams in D1 football. That is not hyperbole. Let that sink in. Scott Frost turned Nebraska into the 120th ranked team in the country. I bring this up not to heap more coals on his head but to emphasize that our next head coach had better be someone who has proven he can build a successful program from the ruins of the old one.
Unfortunately sometimes you have to burn something to the ground and build it back up. It's going to be a massive rebuild and it's going to take time. We just saw what one person can do to a program all by himself in a matter of a few years.

Agreed Pennsyhusker. I was on the Meyer band wagon but now have changed my mind, the next head coach better be the right guy and not just someone used as a stopgap. I'm tired of the same old re-treads it's time we have some solid minds infused into the program.

Getting dangerously close to apathy with this program and sure I'm not the only one. Need to hit a homerun on the hire. I don't have faith that Trev will but I'm hoping anyways....

Unfortunately sometimes you have to burn something to the ground and build it back up. It's going to be a massive rebuild and it's going to take time. We just saw what one person can do to a program all by himself in a matter of a few years.

Agreed Pennsyhusker. I was on the Meyer band wagon but now have changed my mind, the next head coach better be the right guy and not just someone used as a stopgap. I'm tired of the same old re-treads it's time we have some solid minds infused into the program.

Meyer is the only one who can build this back up from the ground in 1 year. See the USC blueprint. That’s what we need to follow. He may leave after 3 years but that at least gets the program in shape for the next guy.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT