ADVERTISEMENT

Kool-Aid 2021

Dec 21, 2020
What's your Kool-Aid for next season? May be harder than most years to find. I'm going with the young OL. I think expectations are already bullish on the group. But if they can exceed/surprise us, it could go a long way with success. Better OL play leads to better QB play, which leads to better WR play and so on.

Well I think our WR room will be better even after losing Wandale.

I think getting spring practice, a normal summer and normal fall camp would be a tremendous help in the development of Manning, Betts, Brown, Nixon, Martin and Toure.

I also like the youth in the OL.

I want to see what seniors are coming back as that will help some positions. For instance if Honas came back I think the ILB's would be pretty solid. That would give you Honas&Reimer with Kolarevic & Henrich to rotate in.

WR, OL, & D... All better, all older. Should feel the impacts of that and see the results on the field.

Absolutely nothing. And unless we bring in two or three good quarterback transfers, or the coaching staff magically learns how to develop existing offensive player talent in the off-season, I don’t see how anything changes from the 2020 season.

What's your Kool-Aid for next season? May be harder than most years to find. I'm going with the young OL. I think expectations are already bullish on the group. But if they can exceed/surprise us, it could go a long way with success. Better OL play leads to better QB play, which leads to better WR play and so on.
Well many people will find some kind of Kool-Aid, they always do in the pre-season. But sadly many of them lately have found out (just like Wandale did) that the Kool-Aid turned sour.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Well I think our WR room will be better even after losing Wandale.
Gotta go with the WR corps....
WR Depth under Frost has been atrocious. Easily the worst 3-year stretch for Nebraska in the post-option era. It's not all their fault... a good QB elevates WR play and we lack that right now. I hope you're right, but that position is all "prove it" for me at this point.

The whole team will be vastly improved, I see 10 wins for sure!!! Winking
giphy.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
WR Depth under Frost has been atrocious. Easily the worst 3-year stretch for Nebraska in the post-option era. It's not all their fault... a good QB elevates WR play and we lack that right now. I hope you're right, but that position is all "prove it" for me at this point.

I ain't layin any money on it that's for sure but it's slim pickins looking for Kool Aid at this point.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
We have lost our best playmaker each year. Mo Washington, JD Spielman, Wandale. Things could have looked a little different if that wasn't the case. We are back to square 1 with the offense.

Easily the worst 3-year stretch for Nebraska in the post-option era.

the post-option era???

it is the worst 3 year stretch since:

Eisenhower left office
The Bay of Pigs
East German Authorities close the border between east and west Berlin and Construction of the Berlin Wall begins.
Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes first human in space
First Direct US Military Involvement in Vietnam
Pampers the first disposable diaper introduced
the Average Cost of a new car was $2,850
Average Cost of new house $12,500.00
Average Income per year $5,315.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 27 cents
Vince Lombardi was in year 2 of his new gig with the Green bay packers

Last edited:
No koolaid for me - 5-7 record is what I’m expecting.

We picked up a good WR and RB in transfer portal. Mid next year I expect to be pissed that a) we don’t have a qb to get the ball to said WR, & b) forgetting about said RB during game against shitty run defenses.

Mid next year I expect to be pissed that a) we don’t have a qb to get the ball to said WR, & b) forgetting about said RB during game against shitty run defenses.
Why? Those two things have literally never happened.

since the season ended.

Reactions: vs540husker

We picked up a good WR and RB in transfer portal. Mid next year I expect to be pissed that a) we don’t have a qb to get the ball to said WR, & b) forgetting about said RB during game against shitty run defenses.

There is no conceivable way frost is retained on the backs of 4 straight nonwinning regular seasons

Doing so would certainly signal that the university - athletic Dept - Boosters and fan base have simply given up

My Kool-Aid hope is better coaching. That could mean the current staff comes to the realization that the way to get to a bowl next year is to kick the ball out of the end zone (frosh from Ord for that), play stout defense (sounds very possible), run the f*cking ball, and punt on fourth down; or it could mean that strategic changes are made before spring ball (QB, special teams, O-Line).

Bottom line, better coaching, starting with Frost understanding he's on thinning ice, and that he's likely not the play-calling genius he and others may have thought he was.

My Kool Aid keeps getting spiked with salt. My friends and I used to always do that when someone left or wasnt paying attention. You think you have a refreshing drink, then its full of salt when you drink it.

There is no conceivable way frost is retained on the backs of 4 straight nonwinning regular seasons

Doing so would certainly signal that the university - athletic Dept - Boosters and fan base have simply given up

I agree...there is no reason to believe we will have a winning record next year tho

I see the potential for an undefeated season because reality is boring, and we shouldn’t admit defeat before it happens on principle.
... but again, reality is boring. Dream big.

But he needs time to get his players and implement his S&C program and system.

Dang I have to admire your optimism! Good show. We'll need to celebrate statewide when we get to that magical 5-7! Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT