ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe and Mike won 11 championships with the same coach....

My list
1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Wilt
4) Bill Russell
5) Kobe
6) Lebron
7) Tim Duncan
8) Oscar Robinson
9) Magic
10) Bird
That’s a pretty good list... the only one I really take issue with is #8... I think Oscar Robertson was much better than Oscar Robinson... but that’s just my opinion. ;)

Lebron quit on the team once he knew there was no chance of the playoffs - quit lying to yourself. "The first time" yeah he left again because he knew LA was going to get AD or another elite player the following season. Lebron has played with more top talent than anyone we have ever seen probably over a full career. You cannot jump ship 3x and be the greatest. No sir
Uhh he was injured last year? He tore his groin.

Every top notch superstar has had elite talent with them. Bird had McHale and Parish. Magic had Kareem and James Worthy. Michael Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. Kobe and Shaq had each other and a great supportive cast. All these “sidekicks” are first ballot hall of famers.

I guess I don't get the hate from guys switching teams. Lebron was drafted by one of the worst franchises in all of pro sports and still brought them a title.

Reactions: oldjar07
My list
1) MJ
2) Kareem
3) Wilt
4) Bill Russell
5) Kobe
6) Lebron
7) Tim Duncan
8) Oscar Robinson
9) Magic
10) Bird
Lebron is higher than that. If he wins the title this year, he has to be undisputed top 2 IMO. Mine goes:

1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Wilt
4. Kareem
5. Shaq
6. Bill Russell
7. Magic
8. Kobe
9. Dr. J
10. Bird

Also centers dominated the league from the very start up until the early 2000's which is why I have them #3-6. Shaq played in an era of great centers and dominated all of them and absolutely belongs in the top 5.

Every top notch superstar has had elite talent with them. Bird had McHale and Parish. Magic had Kareem and James Worthy. Michael Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. Kobe and Shaq had each other and a great supportive cast. All these “sidekicks” are first ballot hall of famers.

I guess I don't get the hate from guys switching teams. Lebron was drafted by one of the worst franchises in all of pro sports and still brought them a title.

LeBron is definitely number 2 for me. He is just an athletic freak to which the NBA has never seen. He has accomplished a ton and has definitely took some shit teams to higher levels. I think the only thing for me is, I don't think he is as skilled as a number of players. A lot of times he just uses his size to get to the rack (which he should do btw) but never is called for an offensive foul. He also sometimes disappears and just doesn't seem to have the same "killer" mentality as a Kobe or MJ. With that said, his accomplishments speak for themselves and he is definitely at the Top of the all time list. My Top 5 is

1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Bird

Last edited:

Of course you have to have good players around you but Lebron has had the most by a very wide margin now after bouncing around franchises. If you don't see that then IDK what to tell you.

Wade
Bosh
Shaq
AD
Kyrie Irving
Ray Allen
K Love
D Howard
Rondo

Lebron has been to the finals 9 times in 10 years. He also carried a bunch of scrubs to the finals while in his first stint with Cleveland... scoring the last 25 points for his team against the Pistons. He led the league in assists for the first time in his career this year, year 17. The dude is simply incredible.
To be fair, Lebron had Kyrie and Kevin Love.

Of course you have to have good players around you but Lebron has had the most by a very wide margin now after bouncing around franchises. If you don't see that then IDK what to tell you.

Wade
Bosh
Shaq
AD
Kyrie Irving
Ray Allen
K Love
D Howard
Rondo
Rondo, Howard, Shaq, Ray Allen all wayyyy past their primes. They sound like great names but none of them were close to their peaks.

Wade
Bosh
Shaq
AD
Kyrie Irving
Ray Allen
K Love
D Howard
Rondo
Shaq? Lebron had Shaq on his team when Shaq was waaaaay past his prime and was just ring chasing. D Howard was nearly out of the league this offseason before LA took a flyer on him. They only signed him because Cousins got hurt. That would be like diminishing Michael Jordan because he played with Hall of Famer Robert Parish, who was on his last legs when he went to the Bulls. You could also say Jordan played with guys like Jerry Stackhouse, Rip Hamilton, Christian Laettner, Charles Oakley, ect.

Over the course of a 17 year career, of course he will play with a lot of good to great players. No one has played this well for this long besides maybe Kareem.

Reactions: oldjar07
They’re talking about the first time he took Cleveland to the finals when the second best player was Mo Williams.
Correct, and I think it's been made pretty clear that Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving aren't really guys that can lead a team to success by themselves. Lebron almost beat the Warriors even with both of those guys out with injury.

Correct, and I think it's been made pretty clear that Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving aren't really guys that can lead a team to success by themselves. Lebron almost beat the Warriors even with both of those guys out with injury.

Kyire avg over 27 ppg in the 16' Finals when they won. What are you smoking? Love with a double double. Again, no one has played with more lottery picks than Lebron over their careers - in fact it isn't even close.

I'll leave it as you cannot leave 3X and considered to be the greatest. You just can't.

Kyire avg over 27 ppg in the 16' Finals when they won. What are you smoking? Love with a double double. Again, no one has played with more lottery picks than Lebron over their careers - in fact it isn't even close.

I'll leave it as you cannot leave 3X and considered to be the greatest. You just can't.
They played great that series. But what have Kyrie and Love done without Lebron? Nothing? Kyrie causing internal problems with the Celtics and them improving when he left? Love getting empty stats for garbage teams?

Jordan literally left the sport in his prime. He quit to the highest level and nobody talks about it.

I guess you’re an Osborne hater as well then?
I don’t hate Jordan, I love Jordan and I think he’s the goat. I think it’s incredibly hypocritical to call LeBron a quitter when Jordan quit the entire league twice before he ultimately retired.

I don’t hate Jordan, I love Jordan and I think he’s the goat. I think it’s incredibly hypocritical to call LeBron a quitter when Jordan quit the entire league twice before he ultimately retired.

His dad died so he wanted to play baseball in honor of him. He didn't go play for the Pistons or something...

His dad died so he wanted to play baseball in honor of him. He didn't go play for the Pistons or something...
Imagine the headlines if LeBron left after winning those titles with Miami to play for the Browns. Again, MJ is the goat. But it’s hypocritical.

They played great that series. But what have Kyrie and Love done without Lebron? Nothing? Kyrie causing internal problems with the Celtics and them improving when he left? Love getting empty stats for garbage teams?
What did Pippen do without Jordan? Nothing? I don’t think that’s a great argument...
Again, making the argument that other teammates couldn’t win without the superstar is meaningless.

What did Pippen do without Jordan? Nothing? I don’t think that’s a great argument...

Again, making the argument that other teammates couldn’t win without the superstar is meaningless.
Pippen was third in the MVP voting the year after Jordan retired the first time. He also led the blazers to the conference finals. Pippen played nearly his whole career with Jordan. Love and Kyrie each have played the vast majority of their careers without Lebron. Kyrie only played three seasons with Lebron, Love played four.

I'm not saying these other teammates should have won without their superstar player, I was responding to the argument that Lebron is only great because he played with so many great players over the years.

Don’t have a dog in this fight but Jordan did play against a lot of players that could not sniff the nba now. Mark Jackson is one example of a laughable talent compared to now and he was an important piece back then for Knicks/Pacers . Not going to bother to keep naming but the level of play is WAY better now. No offense to us oldies but of all sports basketball talent has improved way more than other sports.

Dumb comment..Like really dumb

So you think players couldnt play in a league that allows no hand checking.

Really dumb

Not sure I’d call LeBron #2 quite yet. 2016 championship was a thing of beauty, but winning it all with super teams doesn’t impress me as much as others. He’s certainly a top 5 player, but not sure I’d put him at #2...yet.
RollingLaughProlly wanna tell us how Lebron couldn't have played in the old days.

Lebron has taken FIVE coaches to the NBA finals. Three of them were later forcibly retired.

Lebron also cried like a baby to get other superstars on his team like Love, then moved for Wayde and that other guy, and now AD. He’s been on 4 different teams!

I’ll give him credit though, he is extremely good and wants to play basketball and cares about winning and the sport, unlike someone else *cough Kawahi*

LeBron is definitely number 2 for me. He is just an athletic freak to which the NBA has never seen. He has accomplished a ton and has definitely took some shit teams to higher levels. I think the only thing for me is, I don't think he is as skilled as a number of players. A lot of times he just uses his size to get to the rack (which he should do btw) but never is called for an offensive foul. He also sometimes disappears and just doesn't seem to have the same "killer" mentality as a Kobe or MJ. With that said, his accomplishments speak for themselves and he is definitely at the Top of the all time list. My Top 5 is

1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Bird
I agree that technically he may not be as skilled, at least in terms of footwork, but some of this is the consequence of being 260 pounds. A 220 pound guard SHOULD be more skilled technically, while a 7 footer can't be expected to be a ball handler, a rebounder, a bruiser. What sets lebron apart is his IQ and passing ability...something that is overlooked by a generation that venerated volume scorers and shooters, and guys with "killer" instinct. Lebron isn't even as physically gifted as people think. Kevin Durant is actually a more gifted athlete, taller, longer, more smooth...but mentally not nearly as strong. Lebron is OCD, a perfectionist, a brilliant mind...and quite successful in everything he pursues...whether sports, business, or philanthropy.

Dumb comment..Like really dumb

So you think players couldnt play in a league that allows no hand checking.

Really dumb
You couldn't double team in Jordan's day, nor play zone defense, the three point shot was stupidly minimized and the talent pool was much less "athletic".
Jordan was a physical freak, but if we are talking about how much better a player was than their competition then Wilt wins GOAT in every poll. Lebron is up there because of the impact he had over multiple generations...starting at such a young age and persisting at a very high level after eclipsing minutes played of both Jordan and Kobe. Lebron is revolutionary is how he takes care of his body, how he builds a team around him, and the fact he removed the power from inept ownership and placed the focus on winning instead of profits. Sports fans should applaud winning over business.

Wade
Bosh
Shaq
AD
Kyrie Irving
Ray Allen
K Love
D Howard
Rondo
Wade and maybe AD are the only top 50 greats Lebron has played with while they were in their prime. Almost everybody on the top 10 list also played with multiple top 50 greats at some point in their careers. It's a joke that people think Lebron had it any easier than those other all time greats.

Lebron is the perfect athlete. Jordan is the perfect basketball player, and a damn good athlete himself. There's no shame in being #2 behind a player like Jordan. That doesn't make Lebron a joke.

He's not even the best athlete in ball right now. And he's not #2 either. Not even close to being #2.

What did Wade, Bosh, and Kyrie do once they left Lebron? Keep in mind lebron nearly won the finals without Kyrie or the other guy in 2015, won series when kyrie was benched for poor play. I would implore you to research the front office in cleveland in 2007-2009, check out their roster, and their decisions. Every talented seller would be encouraged to leave a failing business for a winning one, but a "basketball player" is considered a traitor for doing the same. Kobe threatened it, Jordan would have done it if his situation was less than perfect. It also made sense in the times, considering the Celtics had done the same the years before, setting the true precedent, and creating a long lasting super team that Lebron would have to beat. Lebron's decisions were brilliant every step of the way. Not sure why it is hard for this board to understand that a basketball player can be intelligent and make intelligent decisions to better their careers...or maybe I do understand :)

Lol.....Kyrie won that title for Cleveland. He was the man under pressure and Lebron was his Pippen in that finals.

Lol.....Kyrie won that title for Cleveland. He was the man under pressure and Lebron was his Pippen in that finals.
Kyrie played great that series, but Lebron was even better and won Finals MVP. Lebron averaged close to 30 pts and a triple double. Kyrie was close in points, but nowhere close in rebounds and assists.

1. MJ
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Bird
Some of these are reasons why I have to put MJ above him. It can be frustrating how passive he is at times. In some of those playoffs series where he didn't have much help, he should've been averaging 40 points because he was by far the best option on the team rather than being satisfied with 30.

But I have to disagree that he isn't as skilled as other players. His skills are more suited towards playmaking rather than pure scoring, but that doesn't make him less skilled. He has the skills to pretty much play and defend any position on the court. Using your size to get to the rack is a skill in and of itself. Refs in general are terrible at calling offensive fouls and every other player takes advantage of that too. Why shouldn't Lebron?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT