ADVERTISEMENT

KingCorn.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornNBredRed

Assistant Head Coach
Jun 24, 2001
It is 35 permanent jobs and the revenue goes to TransCanada....a Canadian corporation......also revenue goes to the Koch Brothers who own 52% of the oil and also own the refineries in Texas that the oil would be shipped to. The project gives eminemnt domain rights for private Nebraska property to a foreign company. That is insane.

I.B.T.L. part deux

Thought you would slip this one past Sparky after he had his shot of hot sauce and went to bed huh?
This post was edited on 2/24 11:45 PM by Husker.Wed.

And why not the Koch brothers? I can't say that I know anyone who cares more about the USA.

Originally posted by BornNBredRed:
It is 35 permanent jobs and the revenue goes to TransCanada....a Canadian corporation......also revenue goes to the Koch Brothers who own 52% of the oil and also own the refineries in Texas that the oil would be shipped to. The project gives eminemnt domain rights for private Nebraska property to a foreign company. That is insane.
A pipeline project is like a highway project. It takes a lot of workers to build, and much less to maintain after it's built.
The state department projects about 4000 jobs, mostly construction, for the first year and 2000 jobs the second year. So, because these jobs are primarily in building the pipeline and not "permanent", should we disregard the jobs provided?
This is not a new pipeline. It's an expansion of an existing pipeline. America already has numerous pipeline's that nobody complains about, and there are no problems with them.
This particular project has become political and it's too bad. Building it is really a no-brainer.

The big problem for me with the whole deal is not only the eminent domain invoked for the sake of a foreign company, but think about this for awhile into the future.. let's assume this eventually goes through (I believe warren buffet and the railroads are preventing this right now), and 20 years from now, the maintenance on the pipeline becomes a pretty regular thing now, and the company or ownership interest is spun off into some shell company with very little capital, lets say TC Maintenance Corp. First, how are you going to force the foreign company to make repairs and perform maintenance? Secondly, after they play games with the ownership structure of the pipeline, how are you going to sue the shell company which will have very few assets.? The pipeline is going to leak. And when that time comes, no one is going to want to pay to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT