ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of disappointed to see Farmer

Huskers_Rule

All-American
Jul 11, 2001
missing from this tweet and other commentary I have read regarding his class of olinemen this Spring.

3h3 hours ago
From one-on-one linemen drills: Jerald Foster and Nick Gates both have very bright futures. Strong and have great feet.

You're in for a L-O-O-O-N-G off season if you're going to put so much weight on a single, simple tweet.

Whether it is good or bad impressions in the Spring, it often turns out not to have meant much at all in the Fall. I remember, for example, many stars of the Spring Game who were completely AWOL in the Fall season. And vice versa.

Originally posted by Huskers_Rule:
missing from this tweet and other commentary I have read regarding his class of olinemen this Spring.

3h3 hours ago
From one-on-one linemen drills: Jerald Foster and Nick Gates both have very bright futures. Strong and have great feet.
Tanner will be fine . You are reading way to much into one update.

Holla

Tweets are instantaneous. All it meant was Gates and Foster had just looked impressive a few minutes before the tweet.

Starter, or not, I do not know. What I do know? I happened to talk to coach Cav today. All's dad wanted to know is if he was happy with Tanner's effort. Coach Cav had some really nice things to say about him which I will not share. What I will share is he told me he that he loves Tanners effort and toughness. I was excited to know he is happy with how he is performing. I am also happy I finally figured out how to use the ignore on this site. Thanks to all who help support Nebraska football, and who wish Tanner well. As for the rest, I can hit ignore. GBR

Tanner is a favorite. You don't become who he is without a tremendous amount of planning and work ethic - imo it will transfer to the football field.

He'll be a redshirt freshman this year. If he's a contributor as a RS-freshman OL that puts him well ahead of the curve. Almost no true freshman have started on the OL, and not that many redshirt freshman. Spencer Long didn't get in a game until his sophomore year, and he turned into our best OL in quite a while.

He has plenty of size and strength but probably a little challenging that just as he was getting a handle on the old system to have a whole new playbook and OL coach. Not sure if he's nimble but he's a beast, once he knows where to go I wouldn't want to be in his way.

Originally posted by blfarmer73:

Starter, or not, I do not know. What I do know? I happened to talk to coach Cav today. All's dad wanted to know is if he was happy with Tanner's effort. Coach Cav had some really nice things to say about him which I will not share. What I will share is he told me he that he loves Tanners effort and toughness. I was excited to know he is happy with how he is performing. I am also happy I finally figured out how to use the ignore on this site. Thanks to all who help support Nebraska football, and who wish Tanner well. As for the rest, I can hit ignore. GBR
Great stuff, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see Tanner in action.

I wish I could use the ignore function. Some of the lies and plain stupidity demonstrated on this site and RSS are unbelievable.

Not a tweet, but how about a OWH article?

"» Guards Tanner Farmer and Jerald Foster: Assistant coach Mike Cavanaugh likes guys who bring their belly button on blocks - a favorite Cavanaugh saying. Farmer and Foster, still pups in Nebraska's pipeline, apparently do that."

Link

Can he be considered good again? ;)

Thanks for the link. My main concern is the effort level. If the effort is their, from any player, generally the rest works itself out. GBR

Thank you for the update, Mr. Farmer.
cool0020.r191677.gif

Thanks for the link. My main concern is the effort level. If the effort is their, from any player, generally the rest works itself out. GBR

+1

Welcome aboard Mr. Farmer!. Count me an one of many Husker fans who are eagerly looking forward to Tanner and the return of the Pipeline. Thank you for sending your son to Nebraska!

If you don't mind a personal question, what is the significance of "73" in your screen name? Was that your number back in the day?

Thanks for all your efforts & posts. I appreciate it.

That's the spirit Farm! I can't imagine being a father of one of our beloved players and having to read some of the garbage that get's posted. You obviously know that there are some real dolts on this site and others, as in life in general, but also know that 99%+ husker fans got you and your son's backs!! GBR!

73 was Tanners number in High school. I would change my screen name now to 63 if I knew how. GBR

Originally posted by kcopsker:
That's the spirit Farm! I can't imagine being a father of one of our beloved players and having to read some of the garbage that get's posted. You obviously know that there are some real dolts on this site and others, as in life in general, but also know that 99%+ husker fans got you and your son's backs!! GBR!
If I had a kid on the team I would try to stay off this board because there's just too much stupid stuff that gets posted that would frustrate me and make me want to protect my kid. I'd end up too mad too often.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
Originally posted by kcopsker:
If I had a kid on the team I would try to stay off this board because there's just too much stupid stuff that gets posted that would frustrate me and make me want to protect my kid. I'd end up too mad too often.
Gotta have pretty thick skin on here sometimes. Trust me on that one. I've been sucked in more then I care to remember.

ADVERTISEMENT