ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Mulkey had it right…NC State got reamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how it should work.

If a player tests positive and still wants to play and all his teammates and the team he is playing against are okay with it, then he should get to play.

That is it. It should be the choice of the player and players.
the players haven't completed a high enough level of education to be trusted to make the proper decision when it comes to catching an 'illness' that they won't even notice they have.

the players haven't completed a high enough level of education to be trusted to make the proper decision when it comes to catching an 'illness' that they won't even notice they have.
Rambo. I don’t trust you to cook my beef patty thoroughly. I’ve been avoiding your restaurant for years.

Reactions: Can o' corn
No kidding!

This has gotten to the point where it is like that weirdo family on the block that would never let their kid out of the house to play because of germs.

How do you even carry that brain around? Do you have to lug a separate cart behind ya and just glare up at the stars?
can you remind the class how accurate medical opinions were on cancer and heart attacks 1.5 years after the first person experienced each of them?

I want to make sure we all know just how powerful your previous post was.

can you remind the class how accurate medical opinions were on cancer and heart attacks 1.5 years after the first person experienced each of them?

I want to make sure we all know just how powerful your previous post was.
Straight burned. I give up. Bowing to the great one who isn’t a pussy.

What are ya’lls thoughts on athletes playing despite the risks of myocarditis and pericarditis?
Ah, yes.....the myocarditis. The boogie man. The big bad unknown after-effect condition when athletes contract and beat the virus. The Big 10 warned us about this danger in August 2020. They canceled a football season because of it.

And we know how well that worked out....

Ah, yes.....the myocarditis. The boogie man. The big bad unknown after-effect condition when athletes contract and beat the virus. The Big 10 warned us about this danger in August 2020. They canceled a football season because of it.

And we know how well that worked out....
No kidding. People who die from heart inflammation are a bunch of pussies if you ask me.

Im sure you read someone highly qualified to debunk that study but it seems in some circles the data still holds credence. But we all know the Big Heart agenda.

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2021/...ation-put-your-covid-19-vaccine-plans-on-hold

Although the data is still coming in on apparent myocarditis following the COVID-19 vaccine, CDC numbers through late May estimated that 16 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis would be reported for every million second doses given to people ages 16 to 39. That works out to 0.0016%, or roughly 1 in 62,000.

By contrast, de Lemos said the best studies on college athletes put the chances of a young person getting myocarditis after COVID-19 at between 1% and 3%. That's roughly 1 in 50.

So, a young person's risk of myocarditis "is much higher if they get COVID than it is if they get vaccinated," de Lemos said.”

I’m not sure my opinion on concussions matters regarding the topic discussed.

I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this, but the problem with the citation you are using & the studies you are using is the definition of Myocarditis in research as opposed to clinical & the research methods used.
Cardiologists all across the country came forward to explain the baselines being used in these studies to diagnose myocarditis is not the actual baselines used in medicine. In these studies they are taking a minimal inflammation that cardiologists consider normal and labeling it myocarditis. It’s the equivalent of a researcher calling 122/82 high blood pressure when that is perfectly normal within guidelines. They are using different standards to sway their results.
Also, as a former director of Epidemiology, I can tell you their studies don’t pass the basics of research methods. They aren’t testing all the athletes ahead of time to see if the had slight inflammation before they had Covid. They are trying to pass the routine physicals as their baseline, but those physicals don’t test near the level as the follow ups they are using to search for Myocarditis. Many athletes actually have slight inflammation because many are carrying large amount of weight (football players are well over BMI standards).

Bottom line; there isn’t any peer reviewed research, using cohorts tested before & after Covid, that shows increased inflammation that meets clinical guidelines.
I can right now take a bunch of college students, not check their BP beforehand, but wait until after they have Covid, then check it, & look for anyone that is 121/81 or higher, and say that Covid caused high BP. That’s what is happening with some of these horrible studies being put out & why Cardiologists & Epidemiologists who don’t have agendas are ignoring them.

I’m not going to spend a lot of time on this, but the problem with the citation you are using & the studies you are using is the definition of Myocarditis in research as opposed to clinical & the research methods used.
Cardiologists all across the country came forward to explain the baselines being used in these studies to diagnose myocarditis is not the actual baselines used in medicine. In these studies they are taking a minimal inflammation that cardiologists consider normal and labeling it myocarditis. It’s the equivalent of a researcher calling 122/82 high blood pressure when that is perfectly normal within guidelines. They are using different standards to sway their results.
Also, as a former director of Epidemiology, I can tell you their studies don’t pass the basics of research methods. They aren’t testing all the athletes ahead of time to see if the had slight inflammation before they had Covid. They are trying to pass the routine physicals as their baseline, but those physicals don’t test near the level as the follow ups they are using to search for Myocarditis. Many athletes actually have slight inflammation because many are carrying large amount of weight (football players are well over BMI standards).

Bottom line; there isn’t any peer reviewed research, using cohorts tested before & after Covid, that shows increased inflammation that meets clinical guidelines.
I can right now take a bunch of college students, not check their BP beforehand, but wait until after they have Covid, then check it, & look for anyone that is 121/81 or higher, and say that Covid caused high BP. That’s what is happening with some of these horrible studies being put out & why Cardiologists & Epidemiologists who don’t have agendas are ignoring them.
Great explanation. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: baseball31ne

Great post, thanks! Maybe this puts an end to the myocarditis concerns in this thread.

How many of those cardiologists said they would let those with the myocarditis play and practice with the actual inflammation?

With regard to the same outcome with the vaccines they are holding people out of activities for up to six months. No cardiologist would ever clear someone for activity with myocarditis and at 2% incidence you are making a huge gamble letting the virus run rampant. I know you get a lot of likes from the hard knocks crew but fortunately policy is not based on Facebook likes.

did 600,000 people die when the original boy cried wolf????? Please read up on what’s happening in Springfield , Missouri, and other areas with low vaccination rates. Rip on the NCAA all you want (they deserve it). But don’t act like you know even a small percentage about covid vs the actual experts.

That number is extremely questionable as hospitals were financially incentivized to report deaths as Covid deaths. . But even if you accept it, 95% of them had 4+ comorbidities.

Regardless, an argument from authority is pretty worthless when that authority has botched something as catastrophically as they have Covid.

How many of those cardiologists said they would let those with the myocarditis play and practice with the actual inflammation?

With regard to the same outcome with the vaccines they are holding people out of activities for up to six months. No cardiologist would ever clear someone for activity with myocarditis and at 2% incidence you are making a huge gamble letting the virus run rampant. I know you get a lot of likes from the hard knocks crew but fortunately policy is not based on Facebook likes.
Once again, you are talking about two different things. Actual myocarditis, diagnosed by cardiologists, is not at a higher prevalence among athletes now than it was pre-Covid. And athletes have been playing with myocarditis long before 99.99% of the world even heard of it.
At the National Institute for Fitness and Sports (NIFS), we have been testing heart conditions, including Myocarditis, for decades. We test Olympian’s who show heart inflammation & go on to win Gold Medals. Next you are going to try to tell me that cardiologists won’t allow kids with a heart murmur to exercise?
And I don’t have Facebook. I don’t know anyone here. I don’t care either way. I’m just telling you the actual evidence based medicine & why policies actually do allow college athletes to play with inflammation…fortunately.

I always forget, what is the first rule of holes?

Oh yeah...when you are in one, stop digging.

Reactions: timnsun
No kidding. People who die from heart inflammation are a bunch of pussies if you ask me.
COVID doesn't cause myocarditis...not statistically above any other contracted virus (like the flu).

Myocarditis is serious. Those it has affected is serious. It was manipulated into something more for alternative purposes without scientific study...and those actions were foolish and tragic.

COVID doesn't cause myocarditis...not statistically above any other contracted virus (like the flu).

Myocarditis is serious. Those it has affected is serious. It was manipulated into something more for alternative purposes without scientific study...and those actions were foolish and tragic.
It does. I’m sorry if you don’t buy the logic. Once again I give in to all of the experts on this board with their high school diplomas and Facebook accounts.

• Haha
Im sure you read someone highly qualified to debunk that study but it seems in some circles the data still holds credence. But we all know the Big Heart agenda.

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2021/...ation-put-your-covid-19-vaccine-plans-on-hold

Although the data is still coming in on apparent myocarditis following the COVID-19 vaccine, CDC numbers through late May estimated that 16 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis would be reported for every million second doses given to people ages 16 to 39. That works out to 0.0016%, or roughly 1 in 62,000.

By contrast, de Lemos said the best studies on college athletes put the chances of a young person getting myocarditis after COVID-19 at between 1% and 3%. That's roughly 1 in 50.

So, a young person's risk of myocarditis "is much higher if they get COVID than it is if they get vaccinated," de Lemos said.”

The data is grossly inaccurate. The old adage garbage in garbage out applies in spades here.

Thanks Monica walensky... lol.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Because we are talking about a covid policy and not concussion policy.
I asked what level of risk others were willing to accept with athletes playing with heart inflammation if we are willing to let covid run it’s course in that population. Other than claiming the data is false, nobody has responded.

If you really care about my opinion on concussions - I am very concerned about them and the toll they take later in life. Not sure what that has to do with this topic. I also have no idea what you mean by handles.

Where exactly have you been able to stop covid in the population?

It's seasonal like the flu.

Better than the flu, it mostly only kills the old, ill, frail.

The "vaccine" however, kills and injures healthy young people.

Go ahead and watch for myocarditis in college athletes, but it hasn't been much of an issue. Not compared to the vaccine in children and teens.

did 600,000 people die when the original boy cried wolf????? Please read up on what’s happening in Springfield , Missouri, and other areas with low vaccination rates. Rip on the NCAA all you want (they deserve it). But don’t act like you know even a small percentage about covid vs the actual experts.

When gunshot deaths and motorcycle accidents are labeled "covid" deaths, you know the number is garbage.

The increase in deaths is largely tied to how senior citizens were cared for and the changes in nursing home policies. On average those residents only live 6-9 months, their will to live was significantly crushed when they were effectively imprisoned and isolated from family. Criminal.

Do we need to post more videos of Lake of the Ozarks bars absolutely packed, just like last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT