ADVERTISEMENT

Killer Penalty’s

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
9 penalties for 89 yards and the two personal foul 15 yard’s were just killers last night.
Timely penalties keep Illini drives alive..

We need to be a lot more disciplined we now have 28 penalties for 273 yards after 4 games..

Was disappointing that Illinois didn’t get any holding calls which were obvious from where I was seating..😡

Great, another blame the refs thread.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: American Horse
9 penalties for 89 yards and the two personal foul 15 yard’s were just killers last night.

We need to be a lot more disciplined we now have 28 penalties for 273 yards after 4 games..

Was disappointing that Illinois didn’t get any holding calls which were obvious from where I was seating..😡
I agree they need to play smart football, most of them couldn’t have been avoided, I didn’t care for the one sided officiating , as the game went on you could sense the officiating crew enjoyed pissing off the crowd

Reactions: cornwoman

NU has improved the turnover ratio this far, but NU has got to win the penalty battle too. Stupid penalties like hands to the face need to stop. I don't remember a single Osborne season where NU ever had a game the committed more penalties than the opposing team. It's a huge sign of a mature program that expects to win.

Reactions: scarletred
I posted we need to be more disciplined.

Was referring to this...

"Was disappointing that Illinois didn’t get any holding calls which were obvious from where I was seating..😡"

Sorry for the slight overreaction. Just tired of the "blame the refs" people. Week after week. Good thread and spot on other than that.

Last edited:
If you weren’t there you must have needed 🤓 on TV watching it..

Maybe you could dissect the late hit on the sideline during our overtime drive.
Or the taunting during the missed field goal. Or the block in the back on the last return. Or the ridiculous amount of holding that's become a mainstay of whomever we are playing that week. I'm not saying we didn't commit penalties, but the refs did not call a fair game. Either call all this stuff, or let it go for both sides.

If you weren’t there you must have needed 🤓 on TV watching it..

Maybe you could dissect the late hit on the sideline during our overtime drive.

Maybe you can dissect the blown blatant no call facemask on us?

There were a few missed calls both ways. There almost always are. That's called college football officiating. Deal with it and stop playing the victim. We got beat by a better team, plain and simple.

And BTW I edited my last post to apologize for the slight overreaction on my part.

Or the taunting during the missed field goal. Or the block in the back on the last return. Or the ridiculous amount of holding that's become a mainstay of whomever we are playing that week. I'm not saying we didn't commit penalties, but the refs did not call a fair game. Either call all this stuff, or let it go for both sides.
what would the taunting call have helped?

Maybe you can dissect the blown blatant no call facemask on us?

There were a few missed calls both ways. There almost always are. That's called college football officiating. Deal with it and stop playing the victim. We got beat by a better team, plain and simple.

And BTW I edited my last post to apologize for the slight overreaction on my part.

We were on the ass end of the officiating all night. One missed facemask, on a play where there was also a blatant hold, does not change that. We could have and should have overcome it, but the officiating was brutal last night.

I saw this on the comments of a YouTube video and feel it’s worth sharing:

If we are going to buy in the conspiracy that the B1G hates Nebraska football so much that they will collude with the refs to make sure lowly programs like Illinois and Purdue beat the Huskers, then we can only conclude that the B1G sees absolutely zero value in the Nebraska brand and is thoroughly embarrassed to have them in the league.

With the ref constantly against us, we will never win enough games to ever compete in a championship, so we might as well opt out right now and go to the MAC conference where we have a chance of possibly achieving a winning season now and then.

I saw this on the comments of a YouTube video and feel it’s worth sharing:

If we are going to buy in the conspiracy that the B1G hates Nebraska football so much that they will collude with the refs to make sure lowly programs like Illinois and Purdue beat the Huskers, then we can only conclude that the B1G sees absolutely zero value in the Nebraska brand and is thoroughly embarrassed to have them in the league.

With the ref constantly against us, we will never win enough games to ever compete in a championship, so we might as well opt out right now and go to the MAC conference where we have a chance of possibly achieving a winning season now and then.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure some of the same people bitching about the B1G refs always being against us are some of the same ones always championing the B1G B1G B1G and how great it is. How does that even work? Which is it?

The topper was the no call in OT that should have given us a first down in OT. The female ref that threw a flag every 4th play the first half must have had her hanky taken away at halftime.

The no call late hit/ unsportsmanlike after that sideline catch was curious.

what would the taunting call have helped?
Just that the game was going called fairly. Quite honestly, it's a little weird they didn't call it so that it evened up the penalty yards in a real low hanging fruit way. There's no chance that if our guys were in the face of an Illinois kicker wagging our fingers and saying stuff after a miss that they wouldn't call a penalty. It's bizarre to say the least.

Penn State fans spoke about this very issue for 20 years, I don't think it's entirely off base. I doubt there's a guy twirling his mustache in the big 10 office trying to plot against Nebraska, but there is definitely a very real and somewhat coordinated effort to "make sure Nebraska knows it's place". There's very little that can be done about it, but there is most definitely something lurking in the background. On top of everything else, it makes it very hard to compete.

Penn State fans spoke about this very issue for 20 years, I don't think it's entirely off base. I doubt there's a guy twirling his mustache in the big 10 office trying to plot against Nebraska, but there is definitely a very real and somewhat coordinated effort to "make sure Nebraska knows it's place". There's very little that can be done about it, but there is most definitely something lurking in the background. On top of everything else, it makes it very hard to compete.

That is the culture of the B1G. A creepy good ole boys club. And some of our fans have become so self-loathing, they think we deserve to be shafted like this.

This is spot on. I was there too and the officiating hurt us, period. The PI called by the lady ref in the first half was awful. These things add up and can literally charge the outcome of a game. We didn’t play well enough to overcome the bad calls—that’s the story.

This is spot on. I was there too and the officiating hurt us, period. The PI called by the lady ref in the first half was awful. These things add up and can literally charge the outcome of a game. We didn’t play well enough to overcome the bad calls—that’s the story.
Women have no business officiating men's sports, period. Or in the booth, or coaching.

Wasn’t there 4 personal fouls? 2 face mask. Unnecessary roughness and a hands to the face?
I stand correct we had 4 total personal fouls called which added up to 89 penalty yards..

The OVT late hit on the sideline was so obvious that is should have been called that official shouldn’t officiate another game that was right in front off his damn face.😡

Reactions: dinglefritz
I stand correct we had 4 total personal fouls called which added up to 89 penalty yards..

The OVT late hit on the sideline was so obvious that is should have been called that official shouldn’t officiate another game that was right in front off his damn face.😡
The no call in OT was mind blowing. The flags fly every single other time in that situation. Would have given us a first down.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT