ADVERTISEMENT

Kids skipping their senior year of H.S.?!?

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
I had not thought of this and this NIL thing needs to get sorted out. College Football will NEVER be the same and thats a bummer.

• Angry
Reactions: dinglefritz
any good 12 year olds in the metro Frost should be cozying up to?

I, personally, love this & know college football has been dead many, many years

Reactions: 9and4
Hope this is the exception not the rule going forward. With that money comes very high expectations and also pressure to start from day 1. Return on investment and all

Reactions: huskerfan66
Why even have (formerly-college) NFL developmental league teams associated with universities? The athletes aren't going to class, decisions are all made based on money, and athlete amateur status has been eliminated. It's not "college" football. Just let club teams recruit high school graduates, let them solicit corporate sponsorship, and quit the charade.

Why even have (formerly-college) NFL developmental league teams associated with universities? The athletes aren't going to class, decisions are all made based on money, and athlete amateur status has been eliminated. It's not "college" football. Just let club teams recruit high school graduates, let them solicit corporate sponsorship, and quit the charade.
they don't come to play school!!

Because that's where the fans, and thus the money comes from. My school is better than your school, or my state is better than your state is what motivates people to watch. Hardly anyone gives a shit about amateur athletes in some no-name league which is why every development league has failed so far.

Because that's where the fans, and thus the money comes from. My school is better than your school, or my state is better than your state is what motivates people to watch. Hardly anyone gives a shit about amateur athletes in some no-name league which is why every development league has failed so far.

In addition, folks have cited the college players desire to get recognized and get paid by the league someday as to why there was some modicum of excitement to the game.

Sure, this force is present in other developmental leagues (like say A/AA/AAA baseball) whose players are looking to get a big pay day, but I would also point to those leagues and say none of them have the following or passion that non-NIL/NFL-lite CFB had.

Hate to see the Huskers eventually turn into the Omaha Royals. Excited to see all the twists and turns though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT