ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn gone

It was an article I read from SB Nation on twitter. They didn't say a reason. Right after getting caught with weed, Sharpe and Benning were talking about Sr. not being happy about KJJ not getting in great shape in spring ball. I think it was Damon mentioning Sr. saying something about how he would yank his butt out of school if he embarrassed his name.

Are the rumors that it is basically one semester away and then he plans to return also true or is that wishful thinking?

Yes, he was a January enrollee so his five year NCAA "clock" is ticking. I hope he comes back. Nobody, short of the coaching staff, promoted NU football as much as Jr. did. I'd like him to see things through.

I hope he can turn things around too and make it back to the team. I saw McKewon tweeted, that he spoke with Sr., and he said it was a joint decision with the coaches to bring him home to "mature".

This is a tough one. He might have added some much needed depth this fall. I suspect that a lack of attention to his classwork is involved considering that KJS mentioned academic goals. Seems like a good kid who just maybe wasn't ready to be on his own yet. I always wonder when we get those early enrollees. Hope he makes it back.

Honestly, good for senior. KJJ should count his lucky stars he has a family and a father willing to give him the tough love young men need at times.. One would think if Eric Fuller had this in his life he wouldn't be in the position that he is in.

Go get r Got young man and come back ready to go!!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_743345c4-5623-11e7-b7ab-5351ad4f562c.html
"It's not one big party — especially when you're playing football," Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said.

The father described the decision as a joint decision between he, coach Mike Riley and Nebraska's athletic department.

"We're all on board with the decision that has been made," Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said. "I look forward to him coming back in January, and hopefully he comes back as a mature young adult. Mike Riley and coach Keith Williams and the staff let him know this is not a big party. I'm full support with Mike Riley and his decisions. I support him 100 percent. One thing you will not do as my son is you will not embarrass Nebraska, you will not embarrass Mike Riley and you will not embarrass this family. If you mature and you're ready to resume your football career and academic goals, then Nebraska will be ready to embrace you ... If he does everything he's supposed to do, he can join the football program again and become successful."

Last edited:
Not sure how likely he was to play this year since coming off his medical issue this past winter... so on the field for 2017 this does not hurt much.

I am curious how it will affect any recruiting since it was said during the last recruiting cycle that some other players were drawn to him and he helped get more players to think about coming to NU.

Really hope it has no affect on any recruiting whatsoever. Curious about KJ Sr flying players in to Lincoln though and how this affects that...

2017 Scholarship WR's (17 total left on the roster)
SR: DPE
JR: Morgan, Williams, Darlington
SO: ---------
RSFR: Spielman
FR: Lindsey, McQuitty

Looks like Gabe Rahn, Bryan Reimers, and Conor Young will get a lot of playing time!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_743345c4-5623-11e7-b7ab-5351ad4f562c.html
"It's not one big party — especially when you're playing football," Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said.

The father described the decision as a joint decision between he, coach Mike Riley and Nebraska's athletic department.

"We're all on board with the decision that has been made," Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said. "I look forward to him coming back in January, and hopefully he comes back as a mature young adult. Mike Riley and coach Keith Williams and the staff let him know this is not a big party. I'm full support with Mike Riley and his decisions. I support him 100 percent. One thing you will not do as my son is you will not embarrass Nebraska, you will not embarrass Mike Riley and you will not embarrass this family. If you mature and you're ready to presume your football career and academic goals, then Nebraska will be ready to embrace you ... If he does everything he's supposed to do, he can join the football program again and become successful."

Hell of a move by K Sr. and I'm sure his son will appreciate it down the road. Let's hope he comes back in January and the story ends "happily ever after".

I'll admit, when I first heard about Sr. taking a bunch of the Calabasas kids around the country to visit various schools, I thought to myself "not here, just sounds like too much drama". But over the past two years I don't think I could be more impressed with Sr from the way he handled his son's recruitment to what is hopefully just a bump in the road now. Over the past two years I have become a Sr. fan. Now let's get them both back here and in the fold after Jan.

Guess it wont be just a one game suspension... does this open up a scholarship?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT