ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to Success vs Ohio State

TampaBaySkers

Athletic Director
Oct 30, 2010
What are three things Nebraska must do to keep this at a one-score game heading into the fourth quarter?

Here are mine:

1) + 3 in turnovers. Interceptions, blocked punts, big 4th down stops..Don’t care how

2) Get off the field when OSU is 3rd & long. I define long as 7 yards. Can’t give up big pass plays or commit PIs

3) Productive 1st down plays on offense. I define productive as 3 or more yards.

What are three things Nebraska must do to keep this at a one-score game heading into the fourth quarter?

Here are mine:

1) + 3 in turnovers. Interceptions, blocked punts, big 4th down stops..Don’t care how

2) Get off the field when OSU is 3rd & long. long as 7 yards. Can’t give up big pass plays or commit PIs

3) Productive 1st down plays on offense. I define productive as 3 or more yards.
1) Hope most of the team has food poisoning.

2) Rinse, repeat.

Ohio State is probably just too talented for it to matter, but containing Justin Fields is the key.

Nebraska needs Fields to feel pressure from a 4-5 man rush package and has to hope JoJo has the best game of his life because he's probably the guy who will be spying him if NU forces him out of the pocket.

How often has a team contained Justin Fields?

How often has Nebraska gotten to the QB from its base defense without big blitzes?

Exactly....but don't care, GBR!

each team plays only one series then the game is canceled due to a terrible hurricane and earthquake hitting the stadium simultaneously

Good news is no crowd noise. Helps level the playing field. Our team needs some players to be very loud as well. We can do this

I am sure that they will pump in the crowd noise. Winking

ConcreteSlowBanteng-size_restricted.gif

I'd be giddy if we kept it under the spread. Something tells me to take OSU and give the points, however.

While conventional wisdom says the underdog should slow the game down, I’d rather see us go balls out, all gas no brakes... super uptempo wear them down and score with speed... that’s our recipe.
Desire to excel, no fear of failure.

Offense: Zero turnovers, a few big plays, OL makes some holes.
Defense: tackling, tackling, tackling.... force a big turnover... tackling
Special Teams: play smart and sound

We ain’t gonna win if we go in there afraid to lose. Just let it all hang out.

Ohio State is probably just too talented for it to matter, but containing Justin Fields is the key.

Nebraska needs Fields to feel pressure from a 4-5 man rush package and has to hope JoJo has the best game of his life because he's probably the guy who will be spying him if NU forces him out of the pocket.

How often has a team contained Justin Fields?

How often has Nebraska gotten to the QB from its base defense without big blitzes?

Exactly....but don't care, GBR!

No team in the Big Ten is going to contain Justin Fields. Clemson might be the only team in the country capable of containing him.

Nebraska's only shot of even remaining competitive vs. The Buckeyes will revolve around sustaining and finishing drives. The Huskers will need at least 4 long touchdown drives thru 3 quarters to even have a shot.

Also, Nebraska can longer afford to be a dumpster fire in special teams

No team in the Big Ten is going to contain Justin Fields. Clemson might be the only team in the country capable of containing him.

Nebraska's only shot of even remaining competitive vs. The Buckeyes will revolve around sustaining and finishing drives. The Huskers will need at least 4 long touchdown drives thru 3 quarters to even have a shot.

Also, Nebraska can longer afford to be a dumpster fire in special teams

Clemson forced mistakes. Sustaining drives, forcing turnovers, tackling and explosive plays are highlights to watch.

In 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Ohio State faltered in at least one regular season game, but in 2019 they won 10 B1G games.

Only 8 +1 in 2020!

Clemson forced mistakes. Sustaining drives, forcing turnovers, tackling and explosive plays are highlights to watch.

In 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Ohio State faltered in at least one regular season game, but in 2019 they won 10 B1G games.

Only 8 +1 in 2020!

The biggest difference between Ohio State in 2019 and those other teams is Justin Fields. He's an elite player who will be a franchise QB in the NFL.

1) The plays called in have to be decisive and quick. Too much standing around last year waiting for plays to come in from the side line. Bad coaching last year

2) Defense must play assignment football and stop the run

3) QB play that is reliable and not head scratching. 2AM was a train wreck last year. Could not make a decision and would not trust the system. If at the end of the first half he is hesitant again, let him find the transfer portal.

Our offense will need to be hitting on all cylinders and score a lot of points. There is no way we will stop their offense. I just don't see this game as evolving into a defensive slug fest. So if our offense sputters we are going to get blown out.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Run the ball 3 times and rely on a strong legged punter. Play great defense. Never call a time out to stop the clock. Try to hold them to 70 pts or less.

Here are mine:

2) Get off the field when OSU is 3rd & long. I define long as 7 yards. Can’t give up big pass plays or commit PIs

Its very very simple. All we need is LUCK. Im not saying this to be a dick. Lets face it we are not at or even near the level of Ohio St. They are a 21 point favorite for a reason. If we played them 10 times odds are we lose 8 of those 10.
Now, games are played for a reason. The team who should win on paper don't always win. Heart and determination can and does win over talent. Nebraska and Frost I think have more to prove than and gain than Ohio St does. We all know who Ohio St is. Most wont give Neb a chance in this game. If we can gain the momentum early. Take them by surprise and yes get a few lucky breaks go our way I do think we can beat them. This is a weird year all the way around and no team really knows what will happen until the season is played, anything is possible this year. My prediction, is Ohio St overlooks us and is looking towards @ Penn St the next week. I think we win this, at the very least we make it a game and make them sweat.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

Only 8 +1 in 2020!

2014 as well if you count Va Tech

Reactions: cidsports
Teams will run right at the Huskers this year.

IF we can stop the run and the offense shows up, we have a shot to win any game.

ADVERTISEMENT