ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Steele's new contract...................

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
appears to have him making in excess of 2 Million per year for the next 3 years. Last year he was at 1.9 Million. I thought the people wanting to can Chins and hire Steele might be interested in this factoid.

Wouldn't bother me at all if he produced good defenses. Like I've said, we should be near the very top in assistant salaries if we want to get back to the top.

Wouldn't bother me at all if he produced good defenses. Like I've said, we should be near the very top in assistant salaries if we want to get back to the top.

I would settle for being at the top for production and the salary will come. We seem to think just paying a lot money will get results.

I would settle for being at the top for production and the salary will come. We seem to think just paying a lot money will get results.
Totally agree. I'm not a fan of overpaying either. I just get tired of the mentality that top coordinators make too much money and we can never afford to pay them to come here. We are spending $150 million on facilities upgrades that are mostly because of recruiting purposes. A couple million dollars more a year in assistant salaries will have just as big of an impact, if not more, and would also have more immediate and direct benefits.

appears to have him making in excess of 2 Million per year for the next 3 years. Last year he was at 1.9 Million. I thought the people wanting to can Chins and hire Steele might be interested in this factoid.

Thanks, this is what Frost needs to do to win, open up the checkbook to hire Defensive gurus. Not 1, other than NU, power 5 school would hire Chins to be a DC.

ADVERTISEMENT