ADVERTISEMENT

KeShawn Greene being picked as a potential BIG 10 freshman of the year.

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
Nebraska LB signee could be Big Ten's top freshman in 2020
ByAUSTIN NIVISON 6 hours ago
Share10 Comments

Nebraska’s 2020 signing class currently ranks No. 4 in the Big Ten, according to the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings, and it could also include the conference's top defensive freshman next season.

The Huskers have a need at linebacker, so head coach Scott Frost made sure to fill that hole with an elite talent like Keyshawn Greene. The 6-foot-3 linebacker out of Crawfordville, Fla. signed with Nebraska during the Early Signing Period and figures to play an important role in his first year on campus.

On the latest episode of the “Notorious B1G Podcast,” 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong was asked to make way-too-early predictions for potential Big Ten Freshman of the Year candidates. On defense, Wiltfong wound up choosing Greene because of his talent level and the need that Nebraska has at that position.

“Keyshawn Greene is a good one,” Wiltfong said. “He was terrific at the All-American Bowl. He’s arguably one of the fastest linebackers in the country. He’s got a physical style of play to him. He’s a space eater. He gets into those flats quickly and gets on ball carriers or the guy you’re screening it to. Nebraska, I think, is going to lean on him a ton in year one.”

Wiltfong was in attendance at that All-American Bowl in San Antonio, where Greene led his team with 4.5 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and a sack. It was an impressive showing from the Nebraska signee.

Following his commitment to Nebraska, Greene spoke to Wiltfong about how he came to that decision. Despite some negative recruiting about the Huskers and Lincoln, Greene said he came to love both the town and the program. On top of that, Greene saw a path to playing very early in his career.

“When I went there it was love when I went there,” Greene started in. He was a one-time FSU commit that reopened the process after Willie Taggart was let go. “When I went to different schools it was love but it wasn’t the love Nebraska had. I told myself I want to go down there and make a big impact down there and bring us a championship.

“They need linebackers and I told myself I can go down there and start my freshman year and do my thing.”

Greene fielded a number of offers from in-state schools like Miami, Florida, and Florida State. However, he wound feeling more at home in Nebraska, and the Huskers may have one of the best young defensive players in the conference next year because of it.

Greene is a four-star recruit and the No. 10 outside linebacker in the 2020 signing class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...Tens-best-freshman-Keyshawn-Greene-142300125/

Negative recruiting about the huskers and Lincoln... not surprised I guess.
I guess it depends, a short comment is one thing, bringing up snow,even the Big in some parts.
But, it sure sounds like some coaches went out of their way

For crying out loud, the media could make OPie drink bleach if they told him it made the Huskers look good on paper.

Oh naw. Hellllll naw. F*ck that "this player's being picked to do big things before the season starts" shit. F*ck that. We don't need no praise for ANY player coming in or staying on this team. That don't work. We tried that "praise the players", "praise the coach's", or "praise the team" before the season starts shit. It doesn't WORK!

We need to apply some goading and disrespect to this team and it's players whether coming in or staying on since apparently that must work seeing as OSU, Wisconsin, and Penn State performed wellll above their off-season "disrespectful expectations" that were set for them. So it's time to try that stuff for Nebraska. That "praise this and that player or coach before the season starts" shit hasn't worked for 3 non-bowl game making seasons in a row now. Now aint that a hint and a half for your ass on how much that seems to work. It's about time to abandon the "love" and start spreading the disrespect seeing as this team has deserved it. They deserve for you to talk about them and their players like their Rutgers.

Don't you guys tell this Keshawn Green kid he's great and will be the best freshman LB in the league before he ever plays a meaningful snap of college football. And if anything you better goad him and tell him he sucks and will never see the field, will get buried on the depth chart, talk about him momma or do SOMETHING that'll get him more motivated to give his BEST EFFORT on the field and to not come in thinking he's great and won't have to give his full effort believing he's already got the "best freshman LB" award and starting spot on the team wrapped up in the bag. I'm from the "show me" state. So you got to "show me" what you can do. PROVE IT! SHOW IT!! So that we will...... KNOOOOW IT!!!

Oh naw. Hellllll naw. F*ck that "this player's being picked to do big things before the season starts" shit. F*ck that. We don't need no praise for ANY player coming in or staying on this team. That don't work. We tried that "praise the players", "praise the coach's", or "praise the team" before the season starts shit. It doesn't WORK!

We need to apply some goading and disrespect to this team and it's players whether coming in or staying on since apparently that must work seeing as OSU, Wisconsin, and Penn State performed wellll above their off-season "disrespectful expectations" that were set for them. So it's time to try that stuff for Nebraska. That "praise this and that player or coach before the season starts" shit hasn't worked for 3 non-bowl game making seasons in a row now. Now aint that a hint and a half for your ass on how much that seems to work. It's about time to abandon the "love" and start spreading the disrespect seeing as this team has deserved it. They deserve for you to talk about them and their players like their Rutgers.

Don't you guys tell this Keshawn Green kid he's great and will be the best freshman LB in the league before he ever plays a meaningful snap of college football. And if anything you better goad him and tell him he sucks and will never see the field, will get buried on the depth chart, talk about him momma or do SOMETHING that'll get him more motivated to give his BEST EFFORT on the field and to not come in thinking he's great and won't have to give his full effort believing he's already got the "best freshman LB" award and starting spot on the team wrapped up in the bag. I'm from the "show me" state. So you got to "show me" what you can do. PROVE IT! SHOW IT!! So that we will...... KNOOOOW IT!!!
giphy.gif

Dude chill out it’s a media guy giving an opinion. That is the time of year it is. No one is telling him he is the best.

Dude chill out it’s a media guy giving an opinion. That is the time of year it is. No one is telling him he is the best.
It's more than that. It's the "media guys" trying to start a trend again of praising the Husker players and athletes before the season even starts. Screw that. I don't want no gotdarn body praising a single athlete on this team before the season even starts. No praise for our QB. No praise for our LB's and that goes double for the guys here and for the very green freshmen coming in that haven't even played a single down in college football. Enough of that sh*t.

What we need for EVERY player on the roster or coming in is flat out disrespect, doubting, ridicule, media guys lampooning our players and team with jokes of how lame the Husker's are going to be in 2020 and how we are going to fire Frost and all that yabba dabba noise to really truly motivate this team to do just "something" this upcoming season. When one thing doesn't WORK (i.e praising Nebraska players before the season starts), then at the very least you should try doing something different that has proven to WORK (off-season disrespect for the players and teams that came into their season last year with a huge chip on their shoulder and something to prove to where they blew out their competition way more than you could have imagined).

tumblr_mvs5nk92Oy1rhbabjo5_r2_500.gif

It's more than that. It's the "media guys" trying to start a trend again of praising the Husker players and athletes before the season even starts. Screw that. I don't want no gotdarn body praising a single athlete on this team before the season even starts. No praise for our QB. No praise for our LB's and that goes double for the guys here and for the very green freshmen coming in that haven't even played a single down in college football. Enough of that sh*t.

What we need for EVERY player on the roster or coming in is flat out disrespect, doubting, ridicule, media guys lampooning our players and team with jokes of how lame the Husker's are going to be in 2020 and how we are going to fire Frost and all that yabba dabba noise to really truly motivate this team to do just "something" this upcoming season. When one thing doesn't WORK (i.e praising Nebraska players before the season starts), then at the very least you should try doing something different that has proven to WORK (off-season disrespect for the players and teams that came into their season last year with a huge chip on their shoulder and something to prove to where they blew out their competition way more than you could have imagined).

If you don’t like it, then don’t read it. Maybe over on the Iowa board will be more pleasing for you....

Reactions: headcard
If you don’t like it, then don’t read it. Maybe over on the Iowa board will be more pleasing for you....
I LOL'D at the fact you thought I was an Iowa fan. But I'll go ahead and tell you the news in that I'm a gotdarn Nebraska fan that believes all that stuff I typed. Isn't that some sh*t? smh

Ok Bo

23243628.gif

What do you do for a living??? Are you a motivational speaker??
I read the story and got the exact opposite... Made me feel great about our recruiting and the direction of the program... Would much rather live on the positive side of life... GBR

What do you do for a living??? Are you a motivational speaker??
I read the story and got the exact opposite... Made me feel great about our recruiting and the direction of the program... Would much rather live on the positive side of life... GBR
You're losing $10 a month to post in this thread, whereas I'm taking part for FREE in front of my window overlooking a duck-filled pond. How's that for positive?

You know it's weird you say that, but I got to ask you this:

Who fielded better teams than Bo since Solich got fired?

What do you think that says about Bo's "way" of doing things?
A pointless argument by a troll hanging out on a message board at 2am instead of going to bed or closing out a club. What a loser you are

Oh man, soooo many things wrong with one poster in particular here... so let’s start at the beginning shall we

ummm ok? Let’s just start with the obvious question, what the hell does negative or positive publicity have to do with on field performance? Lots of teams are projected to finish right about where they end up every year... yea sometimes teams will be projected lower and some will be higher... that has NOTHING to do with on field production.... honestly I’m sure I could pick this further apart but I got so annoyed with trying to read your attempt at what I’d call country gangster typing that I couldn’t read the whole thing Sick
I LOL'D at the fact you thought I was an Iowa fan. But I'll go ahead and tell you the news in that I'm a gotdarn Nebraska fan that believes all that stuff I typed. Isn't that some sh*t? smh
now onto this one... you’ve done a decent job of trying to mask your hate for the huskers (sarcasm) but you also haven’t screamed Iowa fan either... but what I can say is that most new posters on this husker board that I’ve seen have refrained from having their first post being a long rant about how we should completely disrespect our team... maybe you missed the whole part about Greene wanting to come here because of the love he felt at Nebraska, from Nebraska/ for Nebraska... I’m goin out on a limb here to say showing complete disrespect might lead one to no longer feel the love...
You know it's weird you say that, but I got to ask you this:

Who fielded better teams than Bo since Solich got fired?

What do you think that says about Bo's "way" of doing things?
let me answer this question with a question... how well has his antics worked at Youngstown state? A place where your hero should be excelling if he is so good?

the issue with a lot of the poser fans pretending to be husker fans, you all loved having Riley here, and defend Bo... I wonder why that is... do you suppose that it’s because you knew those two coaches held our school back? Maybe it’s because you’re afraid of where HCSF has our program going... either way it starts to become obvious that y’all are afraid of the competition... in the thread about Iowa losing Epenesa (or however you spell his name) you’ll find people that are used to championship caliber teams that are saying they actually hate to see Iowa lose those kinds of players, Nebraska fans know you have to play and beat the teams while they are at their best in order to be the best we encourage the competition and we don’t run from it... it might be why Iowa is stuck where they’re at, because you’d rather pound on a team that is down and out just so you can say you won, instead of playing them at their peak so either way win or lose you get better.. Of course we’d rather win those games and get better.. but I’d much rather lose a close game to an OSU team that wins a NC than to curb stomp a crappy Iowa team... that’s just me though

Share10 Comments

Nebraska’s 2020 signing class currently ranks No. 4 in the Big Ten, according to the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings, and it could also include the conference's top defensive freshman next season.

The Huskers have a need at linebacker, so head coach Scott Frost made sure to fill that hole with an elite talent like Keyshawn Greene. The 6-foot-3 linebacker out of Crawfordville, Fla. signed with Nebraska during the Early Signing Period and figures to play an important role in his first year on campus.

On the latest episode of the “Notorious B1G Podcast,” 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong was asked to make way-too-early predictions for potential Big Ten Freshman of the Year candidates. On defense, Wiltfong wound up choosing Greene because of his talent level and the need that Nebraska has at that position.

“Keyshawn Greene is a good one,” Wiltfong said. “He was terrific at the All-American Bowl. He’s arguably one of the fastest linebackers in the country. He’s got a physical style of play to him. He’s a space eater. He gets into those flats quickly and gets on ball carriers or the guy you’re screening it to. Nebraska, I think, is going to lean on him a ton in year one.”

Wiltfong was in attendance at that All-American Bowl in San Antonio, where Greene led his team with 4.5 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and a sack. It was an impressive showing from the Nebraska signee.

Following his commitment to Nebraska, Greene spoke to Wiltfong about how he came to that decision. Despite some negative recruiting about the Huskers and Lincoln, Greene said he came to love both the town and the program. On top of that, Greene saw a path to playing very early in his career.

“When I went there it was love when I went there,” Greene started in. He was a one-time FSU commit that reopened the process after Willie Taggart was let go. “When I went to different schools it was love but it wasn’t the love Nebraska had. I told myself I want to go down there and make a big impact down there and bring us a championship.

“They need linebackers and I told myself I can go down there and start my freshman year and do my thing.”

Greene fielded a number of offers from in-state schools like Miami, Florida, and Florida State. However, he wound feeling more at home in Nebraska, and the Huskers may have one of the best young defensive players in the conference next year because of it.

Greene is a four-star recruit and the No. 10 outside linebacker in the 2020 signing class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...Tens-best-freshman-Keyshawn-Greene-142300125/

Wait until Chins gets a hold of him, he'll get slower due to increased hesitation.

Reactions: donahues17

it wasn’t only this post I was going off of. I seen 3 to 4 other post of yours in other threads and im having trouble seeing a legit Husker fan with you. Maybe it’s the way you’re taking offense to every pro Husker and seem to be very anti Husker. So as you see in this thread and the other threads...you got more then a few of us thinking this.

Last edited:
Oh man, soooo many things wrong with one poster in particular here... so let’s start at the beginning shall we
ummm ok? Let’s just start with the obvious question, what the hell does negative or positive publicity have to do with on field performance? Lots of teams are projected to finish right about where they end up every year... yea sometimes teams will be projected lower and some will be higher... that has NOTHING to do with on field production.... honestly I’m sure I could pick this further apart but I got so annoyed with trying to read your attempt at what I’d call country gangster typing that I couldn’t read the whole thing Sick
now onto this one... you’ve done a decent job of trying to mask your hate for the huskers (sarcasm) but you also haven’t screamed Iowa fan either... but what I can say is that most new posters on this husker board that I’ve seen have refrained from having their first post being a long rant about how we should completely disrespect our team... maybe you missed the whole part about Greene wanting to come here because of the love he felt at Nebraska, from Nebraska/ for Nebraska... I’m goin out on a limb here to say showing complete disrespect might lead one to no longer feel the love...
let me answer this question with a question... how well has his antics worked at Youngstown state? A place where your hero should be excelling if he is so good?

the issue with a lot of the poser fans pretending to be husker fans, you all loved having Riley here, and defend Bo... I wonder why that is... do you suppose that it’s because you knew those two coaches held our school back? Maybe it’s because you’re afraid of where HCSF has our program going... either way it starts to become obvious that y’all are afraid of the competition... in the thread about Iowa losing Epenesa (or however you spell his name) you’ll find people that are used to championship caliber teams that are saying they actually hate to see Iowa lose those kinds of players, Nebraska fans know you have to play and beat the teams while they are at their best in order to be the best we encourage the competition and we don’t run from it... it might be why Iowa is stuck where they’re at, because you’d rather pound on a team that is down and out just so you can say you won, instead of playing them at their peak so either way win or lose you get better.. Of course we’d rather win those games and get better.. but I’d much rather lose a close game to an OSU team that wins a NC than to curb stomp a crappy Iowa team... that’s just me though
Well it seems like you don’t get it. If you’ve watched football long enough you’d notice that teams being “disrespected” mostly by the media if anything, will motivate them to play much better than expected. Nick Saban uses it all the time to motivate his team. Clemson used it to beat Ohio State this year and Alabama last year. Ohio State used it to win the Big Ten and go undefeated this year due to people believing they’d immediately decline from the loss of Urban Meyer. Wisconsin had a 1.5% chance according to the bookies and FPI to win the Big Ten, yet they came out on top in the division with flying color. New England used it to win the superbowl last year and so on. You might be too young to get it, but keep watching football long enough to understand how the role of “disrespect” works to motivate teams and players to perform better.

By the way, Bo won a championship as soon as he got to Youngtown State just so you know. I also hate Riley’s coaching more than any other coach we’ve ever had in my lifetime so don’t even talk about him.

And I don’t give a d*mn if Iowa is strong or weak, I just want to beat their as*es for the first time in 6 freaking years. Goodness! Who cares who they lose. Who cares how strong or weak they are or whatever head coach they currently have. Fact is we need to beat their a*ses for the first time in forever and take back over a nice long dominating winning streak over them like we had when Osborne was the coach here. I don’t care how good or bad any team is, I want Nebraska to win that national championship at the end of the darn day. So you’re on your own on that thinking.

Well it seems like you don’t get it. If you’ve watched football long enough you’d notice that teams being “disrespected” mostly by the media if anything, will motivate them to play much better than expected. Nick Saban uses it all the time to motivate his team. Clemson used it to beat Ohio State this year and Alabama last year. Ohio State used it to win the Big Ten and go undefeated this year due to people believing they’d immediately decline from the loss of Urban Meyer. Wisconsin had a 1.5% chance according to the bookies and FPI to win the Big Ten, yet they came out on top in the division with flying color. New England used it to win the superbowl last year and so on. You might be too young to get it, but keep watching football long enough to understand how the role of “disrespect” works to motivate teams and players to perform better.

By the way, Bo won a championship as soon as he got to Youngtown State just so you know. I also hate Riley’s coaching more than any other coach we’ve ever had in my lifetime so don’t even talk about him.

And I don’t give a d*mn if Iowa is strong or weak, I just want to beat their as*es for the first time in 6 freaking years. Goodness! Who cares who they lose. Who cares how strong or weak they are or whatever head coach they currently have. Fact is we need to beat their a*ses for the first time in forever and take back over a nice long dominating winning streak over them like we had when Osborne was the coach here. I don’t care how good or bad any team is, I want Nebraska to win that national championship at the end of the darn day. So you’re on your own on that thinking.
you do a lot of rambling, and granted some teams will use disrespect as motivation, but that does not change the fact that it does not lead to on the field production... I’m sure Clemson used being the 4 seed as motivation this year as well, yet how did that pan out for them? Every year teams are disrespected and yea it gives them motivation but it will not win games for them... disrespecting our team will not instantly make the talent on our team better, it will not win games for us... I can agree with you last portion, because that is what I was saying before... I just want to win the damn games, I’m tired of the losses we all are... but let’s not be stupid complete disrespect won’t help win games

you do a lot of rambling, and granted some teams will use disrespect as motivation, but that does not change the fact that it does not lead to on the field production... I’m sure Clemson used being the 4 seed as motivation this year as well, yet how did that pan out for them? Every year teams are disrespected and yea it gives them motivation but it will not win games for them... disrespecting our team will not instantly make the talent on our team better, it will not win games for us... I can agree with you last portion, because that is what I was saying before... I just want to win the damn games, I’m tired of the losses we all are... but let’s not be stupid complete disrespect won’t help win games
I just think you don’t understand football or haven’t been watching it long enough to know about the “disrespect” motivation that gives teams. How long have you been watching this sport? Tom Brady said last year when his team defeated the Chargers in the first round of the playoffs “We know people think we suck” with a smile as if to say “that disrespect will motivate us to win it all this season” and they did. Clemson felt disrespected to be so low in the playoffs in which it prompted them to take out an Ohio State team that had blown teams away all season long that it was similar to the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers. The extra motivation of disrespect helped Clemson to take that OSU team out. Joe Burrow felt the “disrespect” of being rejected by Nebraska (place where his father and all his brothers played for) on top of literally being thrown away by Ohio State in which it prompted him to be the best QB in college football history. On top of that, Coach O said that his motivation for this past season was by the fact he heard of people making fun of his voice all season long in which he said “thanks for that motivation. It gave me a reason to do a great job here this season”. And I could give you examples all day, but I think you just need to watch the sport long enough to know the impact that “disrespect” has to help players in terms of motivation. In that regard, I cannot help you if you are simply football ignorant (not trying to call you stupid or insult you in any way at all). You just have to watch football long enough to know how this sport works in its entirety.

I just think you don’t understand football or haven’t been watching it long enough to know about the “disrespect” motivation that gives teams. How long have you been watching this sport? Tom Brady said last year when his team defeated the Chargers in the first round of the playoffs “We know people think we suck” with a smile as if to say “that disrespect will motivate us to win it all this season” and they did. Clemson felt disrespected to be so low in the playoffs in which it prompted them to take out an Ohio State team that had blown teams away all season long that it was similar to the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers. The extra motivation of disrespect helped Clemson to take that OSU team out. Joe Burrow felt the “disrespect” of being rejected by Nebraska (place where his father and all his brothers played for) on top of literally being thrown away by Ohio State in which it prompted him to be the best QB in college football history. On top of that, Coach O said that his motivation for this past season was by the fact he heard of people making fun of his voice all season long in which he said “thanks for that motivation. It gave me a reason to do a great job here this season”. And I could give you examples all day, but I think you just need to watch the sport long enough to know the impact that “disrespect” has to help players in terms of motivation. In that regard, I cannot help you if you are simply football ignorant (not trying to call you stupid or insult you in any way at all). You just have to watch football long enough to know how this sport works in its entirety.
I’ve been watching football for over 30 years... played football, study football... Now I have said that yes some disrespect can help lead to motivation... but I am willing to bet that 99% of the time that, that disrespect does not come from that said teams supporting fan base... that disrespect comes from the national media, and at best that disrespect provides some motivation, it does not win the games, the disrespect of being a 4 seed did not win Clemson a NC this year did it? Did it help motivate them to beat OSU? Or did they just match up favorably vs them? The bottom line is it takes talent to win the games, yea motivation is great, but I’d leave the disrespect to the national media and I’ll Choose to support our kids

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I’ve been watching football for over 30 years... played football, study football... Now I have said that yes some disrespect can help lead to motivation... but I am willing to bet that 99% of the time that, that disrespect does not come from that said teams supporting fan base... that disrespect comes from the national media, and at best that disrespect provides some motivation, it does not win the games, the disrespect of being a 4 seed did not win Clemson a NC this year did it? Did it help motivate them to beat OSU? Or did they just match up favorably vs them? The bottom line is it takes talent to win the games, yea motivation is great, but I’d leave the disrespect to the national media and I’ll Choose to support our kids

Well so now you're saying that you understand the "disrespect" motivational factor. Good. That's what I wanted you to see. By the way, how does it not help you win games when there's teams who literally performed better because of disrespect? Are you trying to say their "better performances" only resulted in losses? Did you not just see New England have a terrible regular season last year but then Brady literally said on camera after their first game in the playoffs "we know people think we suck" in which he was saying it was a motivational factor to help them play better to win games people didn't have them winning? Justin Fields also said on camera this past season when he was asked by an interview "What makes Ohio State so deadly this year in how you're playing now" to where Fields said "Well people didn't give us any respect before (the season started) so at that time all we had was each other and that's all we still have" as if to say "that off-season disrespect motivated the hell out of us to play better and win games nobody thought we'd win this year". By the way, I'm sure it did help Clemson against OSU since this OSU team this past season was clearly no slouch and as motivated as ever themselves. If Clemson didn't get disrespected in the rankings, I personally do believe they definitely wouldn't have had the motivation to take down this great OSU team they met in the semi-finals.

That last example was just another example but you get the point which is mostly what I wanted. By the way, I was never really in disagreement with the "disrespect best motivates when it comes from the media" narrative you pointed out. That was also my point all along but in addition to that as fans we can also do our part and instead of blatantly telling players "we feel like you'll be the best in the conference" we could tell them "we don't know if you'll be able to match up with (insert whichever player from other teams or a starter from your own team you don't think they'll be able to win over) a Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin (I know he's gone now but just saying). Or we can say "not sure if you'll be able to matchup well with (whoever from other team) and such.

Because listen, these players don't reeeaallly give a rats behind about whatever the fans are saying in general. They don't commit to fans. They commit to coaches. They commit to schemes, coaches, and promising of playing time at whichever school they feel they'll best fit in at for the most part. Period. And our fans are a little too blind in showing "too much love" for players in what seems to them to be like "unconditional love" which is a "hell no" to me. You don't let nobody get too comfortable. Ruffle their feathers. Let them earn the love and don't just give them the most highest of high praise before they ever really accomplished even the slightest bit of darn anything. We need "change". We must need change because evidentially the very way we've been doing things are obviously not WORKING and we should never be fools.

Well so now you're saying that you understand the "disrespect" motivational factor. Good. That's what I wanted you to see. By the way, how does it not help you win games when there's teams who literally performed better because of disrespect? Are you trying to say their "better performances" only resulted in losses? Did you not just see New England have a terrible regular season last year but then Brady literally said on camera after their first game in the playoffs "we know people think we suck" in which he was saying it was a motivational factor to help them play better to win games people didn't have them winning? Justin Fields also said on camera this past season when he was asked by an interview "What makes Ohio State so deadly this year in how you're playing now" to where Fields said "Well people didn't give us any respect before (the season started) so at that time all we had was each other and that's all we still have" as if to say "that off-season disrespect motivated the hell out of us to play better and win games nobody thought we'd win this year". By the way, I'm sure it did help Clemson against OSU since this OSU team this past season was clearly no slouch and as motivated as ever themselves. If Clemson didn't get disrespected in the rankings, I personally do believe they definitely wouldn't have had the motivation to take down this great OSU team they met in the semi-finals.

That last example was just another example but you get the point which is mostly what I wanted. By the way, I was never really in disagreement with the "disrespect best motivates when it comes from the media" narrative you pointed out. That was also my point all along but in addition to that as fans we can also do our part and instead of blatantly telling players "we feel like you'll be the best in the conference" we could tell them "we don't know if you'll be able to match up with (insert whichever player from other teams or a starter from your own team you don't think they'll be able to win over) a Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin (I know he's gone now but just saying). Or we can say "not sure if you'll be able to matchup well with (whoever from other team) and such.

Because listen, these players don't reeeaallly give a rats behind about whatever the fans are saying in general. They don't commit to fans. They commit to coaches. They commit to schemes, coaches, and promising of playing time at whichever school they feel they'll best fit in at for the most part. Period. And our fans are a little too blind in showing "too much love" for players in what seems to them to be like "unconditional love" which is a "hell no" to me. You don't let nobody get too comfortable. Ruffle their feathers. Let them earn the love and don't just give them the most highest of high praise before they ever really accomplished even the slightest bit of darn anything. We need "change". We must need change because evidentially the very way we've been doing things are obviously not WORKING and we should never be fools.
Bo disrespected the fans,Bo. He also disrespected the media, Bo. He also disrespected his bosses, Bo.
In doing so, he disrespected his players, Bo.

Now there was a good example, right Bo?

it’s like you’re straight outta special ED my man... I have said the whole time I understand that it can motivate the players... but total disrespect does not equal wins... as a fan of a team you probably shouldn’t be totally disrespectful to your teams players, should probably be supportive.... now being supportive doesn’t mean getting on your knees and slobbing all over their man bits... I could be wrong here but I’m not seeing people going up to players saying “ dude you’re going to be the best ever” what I do see is people here speculating on certain players potential, which is very valid... now this will be my last response to you as I have better things to do with my life, so if you want to be the fan that follows players on twitter and tell them how big of a husker fan you are and then continue to tell them how much they suck that’s well within your right... you do you boo... I’m going to be me and me being me means I’ll support my team, but be critical, and not naïve enough to think that me tossing shade at our players will do anything more then turn them off of our fan base and potentially harm us with future recruits

Greene should be watched closely at first, being underdeveloped, until he gets that weight on.
To me, its like a world class champ boxer moving up in weight class.

He keeps that 4.4 speed and get 15 pounds on him, he'll be a pain in the arse to every opponent we face.

Yeah we should pump the brakes on the hype. Kid needs to put some weight on first and learn the defense. He's coming in at about the same size as Tannor I believe.

4.49 electronic is no joke though. That is special speed at his height.

why are you STILL ranting on this? This is GOOD thing and not a bad thing. And it’s not even close. Go look at all those other Top 100 players over the past 5 years...all those 5 star and high 4 star players like Greene, they all think they can come right in and play right away. They ALL DO IT. So stop already, you should be enjoying this, not ranting over it...my Lord.

When the recruiting experts see talent like this, they assume they will play early and often. Go look at what they say about other Top 100 players...it’s all the same. And if you haven’t watched the Huskers LBs play...they aren’t very good. So it’s understandable to think KeShawn Greene will play early and often...hell players like Greene, Nick Henricks, J Hannah, Snodgrass, Gunnerson all could see the field early.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Share10 Comments

Not helpful IMO to be on such a list before you've played in a single college game. It's like the kiss of death or jinx for some because some kids can handle the hype and others can't. It just leads to too high of fan expectations.

All the pre-season Heisman hype for Adrian Martinez, for example, was not at all helpful. Looks like it probably messed with his mind judging by the huge sophomore slump he had.

Reactions: _1
Not helpful IMO to be on such a list before you've played in a single college game. It's like the kiss of death or jinx for some because some kids can handle the hype and others can't. It just leads to too high of fan expectations.

All the pre-season Heisman hype for Adrian Martinez, for example, was not at all helpful. Looks like it probably messed with his mind judging by the huge sophomore slump he had.

i definitely get what you’re saying, but guessing a player might play early or earn freshman honors is a little bit different then guessing a player could win the Heisman. For one the Heisman guess was national media and was made very public. This KeShawn Greene thing was done by a recruiting expert on 24/7 and his takes on players that could do great early on. You’re correct on that part...but this ain’t like that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT