ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Stouffer has a bromance with Bo.

Well, no idea how Hans Christian Anderson is relevant more than any other author of fiction. Certainly a very obscure writer to use as a reference for fiction.

Either way, I kinda believed her. Perhaps I shouldn’t have. But she hardly has any dog in the fight, which I thought lended some credence to the story. Shit, man, I was just chiming in on something I was told in Lincoln this weekend, that related to BP. I withdraw my story.
Hans was a dude..

There was a point at the end of the 1st half on Saturday where Bo was briefly chewing out Ganz, and Ganz had his hands up, like "what do you want me to call, dude?" Yeah, don't miss that at all.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah, he had to go. But I seriously would never know anything about Youngstown State football if not for some people on this site wetting themselves with joy every time something negative happens to BO. I wonder if Chatelin is covering this game for the OWH?
1. Bo had a leaked audio recording where he called NU fans fairweather, and said they would rue the day when he was done. And we paid him another 15 million after that point.
2. Bo repeatedly asked to be fired so he could take a buyout and run back home.
3. Bo actively lobbied for the OSU job while leading the huskers, at the same time calling NU fans fairweather.
4. Bo had a career 15% winning percentage against teams in the top 25. He lost by an average of 27 ppg in big 10 road games against top 25 teams.
5. We paid Bo 25 million for a whale trophy and eternal embarrassment.

It is perfectly reasonable that fans would hope for some justice...the man wasn't great at his job, was paid an exorbitant amount of money while publicly insulting fans and acting like a buffoon in public all the while using the job as a launch point in order for him to return to his alma mater. And this was public as well. And he was ugly. People forgive a Diaco faster.

1. Bo had a leaked audio recording where he called NU fans fairweather, and said they would rue the day when he was done. And we paid him another 15 million after that point.
2. Bo repeatedly asked to be fired so he could take a buyout and run back home.
3. Bo actively lobbied for the OSU job while leading the huskers, at the same time calling NU fans fairweather.
4. Bo had a career 15% winning percentage against teams in the top 25. He lost by an average of 27 ppg in big 10 road games against top 25 teams.
5. We paid Bo 25 million for a whale trophy and eternal embarrassment.

It is perfectly reasonable that fans would hope for some justice...the man wasn't great at his job, was paid an exorbitant amount of money while publicly insulting fans and acting like a buffoon in public all the while using the job as a launch point in order for him to return to his alma mater. And this was public as well. And he was ugly. People forgive a Diaco faster.

Ha...this is why he acted like he did...we are asshole fans, it is okay...all fans are.

Oh wow he wanted the job from the school he played at??? SHAME!!!

Look...if that asshat wins one more game per season...guess what...he are all licking his taint and he is still here.

I don't know if you have ever been in a locker room with coaches of even a high school team...but we don't say nice things about the fans.

Ha...this is why he acted like he did...we are asshole fans, it is okay...all fans are.

Oh wow he wanted the job from the school he played at??? SHAME!!!

Look...if that asshat wins one more game per season...guess what...he are all licking his taint and he is still here.

I don't know if you have ever been in a locker room with coaches of even a high school team...but we don't say nice things about the fans.
And fans think football players are idiots, and I guess they are right. It takes a pretty dense person to not realize that fans provide all of the amenities and opportunity that college football provides.
Also...
I stopped my season tickets after he grabbed tmart's facemask ... remember the freshman who was playing with a jacked ankle. I stopped watching in 2012...didn't watch a game until 2016...then not again until 2018...and I watched all of them. I stopped cheering for lakers after Kobe sodomized a teenager and stopped following my bengals when they drafted a guy who beat in a girls face. Bo's behavior mattered..and winning another game per year wasn't an option. He was blown out in every game that mattered because he was nut and his teams played like it under pressure.

And fans think football players are idiots, and I guess they are right. It takes a pretty dense person to not realize that fans provide all of the amenities and opportunity that college football provides.
Also...
I stopped my season tickets after he grabbed tmart's facemask ... remember the freshman who was playing with a jacked ankle. I stopped watching in 2012...didn't watch a game until 2016...then not again until 2018...and I watched all of them. I stopped cheering for lakers after Kobe sodomized a teenager and stopped following my bengals when they drafted a guy who beat in a girls face. Bo's behavior mattered..and winning another game per year wasn't an option. He was blown out in every game that mattered because he was nut and his teams played like it under pressure.

Oh...okay.

We all had a crush on Bo Bo up until the Texas A&M game in 2010.
As far as Im concerned, texas A&M game was actually one of bo’s more respectable nights.
I think he showed great restraint in not physically attacking those refs. That was a literal con job by those refs. They really were out to fvck us. I dont know how he didn't punch somebody, I might have. They deserved more yelling than what Bo gave them.

Now many other games? Yikes

We all had a crush on Bo Bo up until the Texas A&M game in 2010.

I wanted it to work, but no crush here. I questioned his stability after that meltdown as DC vs K-State's Snyder.

large960_blur-87b8368c66cc75fb3039c05839699868.jpg

Also...
Well, he should have grabbed those big ass ears. He could, maybe he did, take flight with those babies

I don't get care if Bo gets hit by a falling 747...but this story might as well have been written by Hans Christian Anderson.

I'm still bewildered by your responses to this. You don't believe this one incident at a soccer or softball game occurred, because someone didn't take the time to record video of some jackass making a fool of himself...while completely ignoring the mounds upon mounds of video evidence of him melting down and making a fool of himself multiple times in front of millions on national television.

I would think at some point you would just say to yourself "Why am I even contesting this story, because the aforementioned mounds upon mounds of video evidence proves that Blo Pelini would be capable of losing his mind in pretty much any social gathering." It's tantamount to denying the Nazis being involved in genocide, because there wasn't video taken of a few Nazi soldiers taking the lives of a handfull of Jews in some small village outside of Warsaw.

I'm still bewildered by your responses to this. You don't believe this one incident at a soccer or softball game occurred, because someone didn't take the time to record video of some jackass making a fool of himself...while completely ignoring the mounds upon mounds of video evidence of him melting down and making a fool of himself multiple times in front of millions on national television.

I would think at some point you would just say to yourself "Why am I even contesting this story, because the aforementioned mounds upon mounds of video evidence proves that Blo Pelini would be capable of losing his mind in pretty much any social gathering." It's tantamount to denying the Nazis being involved in genocide, because there wasn't video taken of a few Nazi soldiers taking the lives of a handfull of Jews in some small village outside of Warsaw.

There is film of the holocaust and pictures too. And that was 80 years ago. I show them in class and we also had survivors come in a speak to my classes, first hand accounts, they also had tattoos on their arms.

You notice everyone that tells a "Bo at a soccer/softball game" (Good lord, they can't even get the sport correct) story starts if off with

I heard
or
My friend said

Yet at a "soccer or softball game" with probably...30-50 people watching...and the most recognizable man in the state going "crazy" not once but twice and then being "kicked out" of the stands/field...not one person took a picture or filmed it? Not one?

Don't forgot...about 5 months ago Bill Moos was passed out at numerous Lincoln bars...but I guess everyone forgot their phone.

Look, we got dudes on the board that all bench 400, run 4.5 40's, say things like "She isn't my type" when someone posts a picture of a smokeshow... I sort of feel like there is not a ton of credibility at times.

Do I think it could have happened? Sure. Do I think it probably did not? I do.

Last edited:
I wanted it to work, but no crush here. I questioned his stability after that meltdown as DC vs K-State's Snyder.

large960_blur-87b8368c66cc75fb3039c05839699868.jpg

Ya know, that incident didn't bother me so much, because they still had Roberson and Sproles in with less than 2 minutes left, as I recall, and scored another TD, when they were already up 31-9.

There is film of the holocaust and pictures too. And that was 80 years ago. I show them in class and we also had survivors come in a speak to my classes, first hand accounts, they also had tattoos on their arms.

You notice everyone that tells a "Bo at a soccer/softball game" (Good lord, they can't even get the sport correct) story starts if off with

I heard
or
My friend said

Yet at a "soccer or softball game" with probably...30-50 people watching...and the most recognizable man in the state going "crazy" not once but twice and then being "kicked out" of the stands/field...not one person took a picture or filmed it? Not one?

Don't forgot...about 5 months ago Bill Moos was passed out at numerous Lincoln bars...but I guess everyone forgot their phone.

Look, we got dudes on the board that all bench 400, run 4.5 40's, say things like "She isn't my type" when someone posts a picture of a smokeshow... I sort of feel like there is not a ton of credibility at times.

Do I think it could have happened? Sure. Do I think it probably did not? I do.

You and I think completely differently in this instance. You are discounting the trove of proof that something occurred repeatedly, and was proven to be his character, and are still quite hesitant to believe that it happened, because of lack of video?? There are scores of events every day that occur with no one taking video. If there weren't, all crimes would be open and shut cases.

In this instance, I'm much more likely to look at a person's history than I am concerned about one lacking video. I'm just more likely to judge Blo on his total 'body of work' as someone that comes unhinged at the drop off a hat when he is involved in a competitive event. That's why I'm much more likely to believe him losing it at a local athletic event vs it not happening.

Ya know, that incident didn't bother me so much, because they still had Roberson and Sproles in with less than 2 minutes left, as I recall, and scored another TD, when they were already up 31-9.

I kept thinking that he didn't have the temperament to be head coach at NU. I don't mind a DC that is that way, but he still needed to recruit. Just not his forte.

You and I think completely differently in this instance. You are discounting the trove of proof that something occurred repeatedly, and was proven to be his character, and are still quite hesitant to believe that it happened, because of lack of video?? There are scores of events every day that occur with no one taking video. If there weren't, all crimes would be open and shut cases.

In this instance, I'm much more likely to look at a person's history than I am concerned about one lacking video. I'm just more likely to judge Blo on his total 'body of work' as someone that comes unhinged at the drop off a hat when he is involved in a competitive event. That's why I'm much more likely to believe him losing it at a local athletic event vs it not happening.

I agree, we look at this very differently.

I kept thinking that he didn't have the temperament to be head coach at NU. I don't mind a DC that is that way, but he still needed to recruit. Just not his forte.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think I initially liked his fire, but it became obvious pretty quickly that his teams were similar to him during games. He got uptight, and his teams played uptight.

That's why Frost's approach makes so much sense. No fear of failure. No screaming at kids and making them worry about screwing up. The complete opposite of Blo. His teams became paralyzed with fear that they would have to face the wrath of Blo if they screwed up.

Reactions: bigboxes
So...if someone repeatedly lies to you and steals from you, you allow them to start with a clean slate the next day, as if the person's history has no bearing on what they will do tomorrow? God love you for being that understanding. Props to you..

Thank you for the props.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
There was a point at the end of the 1st half on Saturday where Bo was briefly chewing out Ganz, and Ganz had his hands up, like "what do you want me to call, dude?" Yeah, don't miss that at all.
You mean Bo wasn't pointing the thumb? Couldn't be.

My son and I once saw a couple of trailer trash fatties (complete with ink up and down their arms) go at it in Applebee's several years ago and the first thing I thought was, I gotta get my camera out and record this!!!! I remember retelling that story on this board and some posters got on me about not trying to stop it and setting a better example for my son and what's funny is I specifically remember telling my son to stay out of it because I don't think I could have taken either one of those women. What were we talking about again?
The problem is that by the time I think to record something, dig out my phone and find the record button, it's already over with. It isn't as easy as it seems. You almost have to be in the process of recording something else to catch things. Then the other factor in the Pelini thing is that it isn't like there's normally a bunch of 20 somethings with their phones out at a kid's soccer or baseball game. It's a bunch of soccer moms and their reaction to a Pelini outburst would be "OH MY GOODNESS" then they stop recording so the profanity isn't on their phone. I guess now we're in the age of eye witness accounts don't matter. IF the video doesn't fit, you must acquit I guess.

I don't need any video, any photo...nothing...to believe that Blo Pelini has melted down in public outside of a football game. If he doesn't give a shit what millions of people think of him having a fit on national TV, he sure as hell doesn't care what a few people at a soccer game think of him.
There were multiple incidents involving Pelini in Lincoln where he lost his mind and became verbally abusive and physically intimidated people. One involving a UNL non-football staff female employee (according to a contract professional with the athletic department) needed Tom's intervention to stop legal action by the employee. I don't know if she was paid off or if just Tom's persuasion stopped it. It's one thing to go off on a teenage soccer ref, it's another to become verbally abusive of a female university employee but he's done both. I also know of stories where he was very patient and kind to kids who approached him in public for an autograph. The problem with Pelini was just his instability and his inability to deal with criticism and things he viewed as unfair. I sympathize with that to a degree. He was not mentally equipped to deal with being the head coach at NU. YSU is a perfect fit for him.

Also...

Holy hell, you lumped in grabbing a kid's face mask with sodomy and domestic abuse as similar offenses.

Hey good for you if that helps you sleep at night.

ADVERTISEMENT