ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Stouffer has a bromance with Bo.

Sure a big Bo fan.
I have a funny story about BP. I recently started dating a girl who was at a kids soccer game in Lincoln back in the BP era. Apparently, he was on the sidelines yelling at the referees - one who was apparently my lady’s friend.

Bo was given a yellow card at one point for yelling so much, and distracting the referees. And, then, ultimately a red card and had to leave.

I was actually disappointed when I learned he was let go, but only because we were immediately told of his replacement.

We’re in a much better place now, in my opinion. But BP did get us the best seasons we’ve had since TO and Solich left. So I give him some credit there. Still happy, I think, with the direction of the program.

On a side note, I recently moved back to Nebraska, and this will be my first time going to game days as a NE resident since 2008. So, I’m pretty stoked.

Another side note, and not to derail the topic, but Lincoln has done some amazing sh** down in the haymarket and rail yard since I left in 2008. It’s not like I hadn’t heard about it, but I was able to experience much it first-hand last weekend. Bravo, I must say.

I have a funny story about BP. I recently started dating a girl who was at a kids soccer game in Lincoln back in the BP era. Apparently, he was on the sidelines yelling at the referees - one who was apparently my lady’s friend.

Bo was given a yellow card at one point for yelling so much, and distracting the referees. And, then, ultimately a red card and had to leave.

I was actually disappointed when I learned he was let go, but only because we were immediately told of his replacement.

We’re in a much better place now, in my opinion. But BP did get us the best seasons we’ve had since TO and Solich left. So I give him some credit there. Still happy, I think, with the direction of the program.

On a side note, I recently moved back to Nebraska, and this will be my first time going to game days as a NE resident since 2008. So, I’m pretty stoked.

Ahhh yes...this story again. Head Coach for NU, the most recognizable man in the state goes on a tirade at a little kids soccer game and yet...not one person had the chance to record it on their phone.

Ahhh yes...this story again. Head Coach for NU, the most recognizable man in the state goes on a tirade at a little kids soccer game and yet...not one person had the chance to record it on their phone.
So do YOU actually record other people behaving badly? I guess I never think to do that when stuff goes down. I just shake my head and say. "man what a dipsh##". It DID happen though whether there's public video or not.. I have several family members in Lincoln who were involved with soccer and they've confirmed that it happened. You do realize also that Bo sought out and intimidated anyone who wrote or said negative things about them in the media? The guy was a sociopath. I personally had Jamrog calling family members trying to find out who I was and where I was at because of my posts on this board. Bo could have made the situation work at NU. It was a GREAT gig for him and he was given tremendous slack due to Tom hiring him and his Regent golf buddy. He got canned for exactly the kind of behavior he showed at that soccer game. He just couldn't control himself. One on one in private in a relaxed setting, I think Bo could be a good guy. But man under stress, look out.

So do YOU actually record other people behaving badly? I guess I never think to do that when stuff goes down. I just shake my head and say. "man what a dipsh##". It DID happen though whether there's public video or not.. I have several family members in Lincoln who were involved with soccer and they've confirmed that it happened. You do realize also that Bo sought out and intimidated anyone who wrote or said negative things about them in the media? The guy was a sociopath. I personally had Jamrog calling family members trying to find out who I was and where I was at because of my posts on this board. Bo could have made the situation work at NU. It was a GREAT gig for him and he was given tremendous slack due to Tom hiring him and his Regent golf buddy. He got canned for exactly the kind of behavior he showed at that soccer game. He just couldn't control himself. One on one in private in a relaxed setting, I think Bo could be a good guy. But man under stress, look out.

My son and I once saw a couple of trailer trash fatties (complete with ink up and down their arms) go at it in Applebee's several years ago and the first thing I thought was, I gotta get my camera out and record this!!!! I remember retelling that story on this board and some posters got on me about not trying to stop it and setting a better example for my son and what's funny is I specifically remember telling my son to stay out of it because I don't think I could have taken either one of those women. What were we talking about again?

I was tired of Bo probably by year 3 of his tenure when his whole its the players and program against the fans and state thing got in full swing. I was more than ready to see him go. But, my personal experience with Bo at youth games is much different. My kid is the same age as Bo's oldest in the same soccer league all the way through high school. I also saw Bo at a number of youth baseball and basketball games over those years. I never heard a thing out of him in probably two to three dozen soccer matches or baseball or basketball games I saw him at. And, he was always gracious to the kids asking him for autographs after games, at least that I saw. I coached or attended as a parent 100s of youth games while my kids were growing up. I'd venture to say just about every parent out there has had at least that one game where he or she crossed the line over the course of his/her kid's youth sports years. Talking strictly of the purported incident at one soccer game, if Bo had one game where he went bonkers, I'd say that's pretty much typical of the majority of parents.

Oh my god, yes!

Good lord the first thing I am doing if I am at a little league game and some guy starts going bonkers is grabbing my phone.

Honestly, thinking that this WOULD NOT get recorded is crazy.

And it was never confirmed...

Also, you sound just a bit crazy.

Oh my god, yes!

Good lord the first thing I am doing if I am at a little league game and some guy starts going bonkers is grabbing my phone.

Honestly, thinking that this WOULD NOT get recorded is crazy.

And it was never confirmed...

Also, you sound just a bit crazy.

You've seen Bo lose his shit repeatedly on national TV...and yet you don't believe that he could lose it at anything else remotely competitive?? Really?? Frankly I'm surprised him having one of his famous meltdowns has been reported at ONLY one event outside of football games.

You've seen Bo lose his shit repeatedly on national TV...and yet you don't believe that he could lose it at anything else remotely competitive?? Really?? Frankly I'm surprised it's ONLY been reported at just one event outside of football games.
No, I don't believe it. Just like I don't believe that Moos (who likes to drink) was passed out at Lincoln bars and yet...no picture.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
No, I don't believe it. Just like I don't believe that Moos (who likes to drink) was passed out at Lincoln bars and yet...no picture.

I don't need any video, any photo...nothing...to believe that Blo Pelini has melted down in public outside of a football game. If he doesn't give a shit what millions of people think of him having a fit on national TV, he sure as hell doesn't care what a few people at a soccer game think of him.

I don't need any video, any photo...nothing...to believe that Blo Pelini has melted down in public outside of a football game. If he doesn't give a shit what millions of people think of him having a fit on national TV, he sure as hell doesn't care what a few people at a soccer game think of him.
Well...apparently it was a softball game...but well...facts don't matter and stuff.

Well...apparently it was a softball game...but well...facts don't matter and stuff.

I'm sure it was a soccer game...and a softball game...and a putt-putt golf game...and a baseball game...and a pinball game, etc..etc..etc..

This was a girl whose kid played on the team. And she doesn’t even care about football. And she really has no reason to lie. Trust me when I say this: I was ostracized for supporting Bo. All the way until the end. So, this is not an attempt at dragging the dude’s name through the mud.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This was a girl whose kid played on the team. And she doesn’t even care about football. And she really has no reason to lie. Trust me when I say this: I was ostracized for supporting Bo. All the way until the end. So, this is not an attempt at dragging the dude’s name through the mud.

I don't get care if Bo gets hit by a falling 747...but this story might as well have been written by Hans Christian Anderson.

Reactions: Sous Chef
I don't get care if Bo gets hit by a falling 747...but this story might as well have been written by Hans Christian Anderson.
Well, no idea how Hans Christian Anderson is relevant more than any other author of fiction. Certainly a very obscure writer to use as a reference for fiction.

Either way, I kinda believed her. Perhaps I shouldn’t have. But she hardly has any dog in the fight, which I thought lended some credence to the story. Shit, man, I was just chiming in on something I was told in Lincoln this weekend, that related to BP. I withdraw my story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT