ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping recruits

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
So how successful does everyone think Reilly will be at retaining commits? I know all schools go through the problem of decommits, but it seemed to me it plagued us under Bo disproportionately. Or is that a flawed perception? So do we lose one or both QB commits now that they are on everyone's radar?

After a few seasons go b my guess is, we will steal away as many recruits from other schools as we lose. That stuff tends to even out.

I will be curious of the quality of kid(s) that was lose, versus the kids we end up with.

So to answer your question, it's to soon to say.

An important factor here is what kind of success the team is having during the season. If the Huskers are winning and building a level of optimism, you probably keep the recruits and actually snag a few from other schools. If we get trounced a few times, recruits may wonder if MR & Co. are the real deal and look for greener pastures. Let's hope it's the first scenario. GBR

One of the problems Bo Pelini always encountered in recruiting was overcoming his national perception of an ahole. I believe his antics and persona prompted more kids to decommit than anything else.

You won't see that with Reilly.

Mike Reilly has also learned how to build and maintain long term relationships.

ADVERTISEMENT