ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping Frost is the bigger gamble.

What exactly makes him pass happy?
I suppose you would have to look at the 1995 husker rushing stats compared to the ducks and knights rushing stats....to explain it fully...maybe look at yards per game & average yards per carry, rushing.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Good call.

Right on the cutoff line.

Better be ready to hire at $8M or more like you are saying. If you are going to fire and replace for the 5th time in 18 years, it better be right this time.

By the way, where are the "open up the checkbook" guys? They always made me laugh.

fire and promote from within for a lot less.. like 1.5 -1.8 to see if the person can handle it and is any good, then raise as needed.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I never said he didn't. If you notice, I listed more players than you did and I know I was missing a few. Also, Bo did a great job of keeping players around and having them contribute for multiple years instead of only one year. If you ask me, their recruiting was pretty much on the same level but Bo was able to get more wins out of it than Callahan did.
They both easily outclassed Riley and Frost in terms of recruiting.
I could list way more, those are just the studs. Also, we have no idea what Frost's class will look like either. We can judge him 4 or 5 years down the road when we see what happens.

I suppose you would have to look at the 1995 husker rushing stats compared to the ducks and knights rushing stats....to explain it fully...maybe look at yards per game & average yards per carry, rushing.
More accurate to say Nebraska was run happy back then rather than a more balanced approach being consideded pass happy.

Keep Frost because there is no one out there to replace him. With USC LSU and possibly Miami scooping up the best, who is available?
I would put Miami below us in the pecking order. And who knows if next year will be any better. Maybe Nick Saban and Brian Kelly retire and Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley go pro.

Last edited:
We’ll probably pay more money for one thing. And we have better resources and fan support.

Eh. I'd take the Miami gig. Pays more, they'll get me a sweet beachside home, and, I'll have Carl Pelini and Ed Orgeron doing all my recruiting.

Fans, schmans. When I start winning, the Dolphins will wish they were the U.

• Haha
frost will be here next year.
the main issues will be as follows:
1. getting qb's that can "consistently"(key word) run a left coast offence.
2. kicker's that can, kick
3. then just filling in where need be

I was against hiring frost to start with, because I wanted a min 5 year hc.
my wisdom was ignored, and now we pay the cost of on the job training.
I suggest we not run in panic mode to the coaching carousel at this juncture.

on a side note I suggest we go ahead and use a rb or wr (with good hands, to make returns.)
who we have now at least fields the ball properly but, the next step is gaining yards
o line

Our recruiting is bottoming out. Our coaches can't overcome our abysmal record and performance in a recruit's living rooms. These results have given opposing teams recruiting layups.

On top of that, we have a lot of talent that could start on quality programs. If we think there isn't going to be an exodus of transfers...this time with players we can't argue aren't starter quality, we are lying to ourselves.

It is becoming clear why no Blue Blood program keeps a coach for 3 losing seasons let alone more. It can cause serious long term damage and we can start to see signs of that.

At this point, it is clear that hiring a new coach to stave off the transfers and having a clean bill for recruiting is a far safer bet for the future of the program.

Keeping Frost is a bigger gamble. A very dangerous gamble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT