ADVERTISEMENT

Keem a Gamecock

Well Nebraska was a stepping stone for him all along it seems. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I remembered he couldn't go there directly even though that's what he wanted because they couldn't take him due to their recruiting rules at the time. Stopped at Nebraska apparently to get qualified for a transfer to where he wanted to be all along.

Well Nebraska was a stepping stone for him all along it seems. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I remembered he couldn't go there directly even though that's what he wanted because they couldn't take him due to their recruiting rules at the time. Stopped at Nebraska apparently to get qualified for a transfer to where he wanted to be all along.
I doubt this is what happened. Nebraska would be an odd place to go to if that was his plan. Why not stay in the south and go to a G5 school where he’d be guaranteed to start and advertise his talents?

I think the more likely scenario is that he wanted to go to SC, he wasn’t qualified to do so, so he moved on and chose Nebraska. He then failed to establish himself in the rotation, was passed up by guys that were younger than him or in the same class, and realized he wouldn’t play if he stayed.

It’s not a coincidence that he still likes SC, so he chose to transfer there since he’s now eligible. Basically my point is that I don’t think he would’ve left NU if he established himself in the rotation.

Reactions: Bold Words
I doubt this is what happened. Nebraska would be an odd place to go to if that was his plan. Why not stay in the south and go to a G5 school where he’d be guaranteed to start and advertise his talents?

I think the more likely scenario is that he wanted to go to SC, he wasn’t qualified to do so, so he moved on and chose Nebraska. He then failed to establish himself in the rotation, was passed up by guys that were younger than him or in the same class, and realized he wouldn’t play if he stayed.

It’s not a coincidence that he still likes SC, so he chose to transfer there since he’s now eligible. Basically my point is that I don’t think he would’ve left NU if he established himself in the rotation.

he didn’t qualify academically at S Carolina (or any SEC school) but did qualify at Neb

yikes

he didn’t qualify academically at S Carolina (or any SEC school) but did qualify at Neb

yikes
True, but we were longtime Association of American Universities (AAU) members until getting kicked out by most of the other members including several of our B1G “brothers.” Also, we were once an elite football program and used to plant a lot of trees on Arbor Day. The Past is Us.

But I see you are still part of the present and future, so there’s that to celebrate.

yikes
I'm sincerely asking you, could you please change your avatar? You don't like Nebraska so I don't get it. I'm just a guy with a Nebraska degree that has provided a great life for my family and I, and who knows a lot of Nebraska grads that have achieved very highly. I don't understand your level of hate and toxicity on a daily basis. You must be a horrible person is all I can conclude,

True, but we were longtime Association of American Universities (AAU) members until getting kicked out by most of the other members including several of our B1G “brothers.” Also, we were once an elite football program and used to plant a lot of trees on Arbor Day. The Past is Us.

But I see you are still part of the present and future, so there’s that to celebrate.
It was only 2 members of this conference that did it. 1 was Michigan and I think the other was Wisconsin and that was it. There were no other schools nationally that did anything.

yikes
One thing to be critical of the football program’s demise over the last two decades. Quite another to shit on the school itself that we all root for and many of us attended. You’re taking a dump on the community that you claim to support.

I’ve held the opinion that you’re just a negative person. Maybe that’s the case or maybe you’re a dedicated Iowa troll. Either way it’s very sad and I hope your life gets better.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
It was only 2 members of this conference that did it. 1 was Michigan and I think the other was Wisconsin and that was it. There were no other schools nationally that did anything.

There were 44 votes to remove Neb from the AAU - they needed 2/3 of the votes of approx 62 to stay -they didn’t need Mich or Wisc votes

at the time Neb was the only institution ever voted out of the AAU - not sure if any other universities have joined this list since

There were 44 votes to remove Neb from the AAU - they needed 2/3 of the votes of approx 62 to stay -they didn’t need Mich or Wisc votes

at the time Neb was the only institution ever voted out of the AAU - not sure if any other universities have joined this list since
It was Michigan and Wisconsin out of this conference that got the ball rolling on it and were 2 votes. Look it up

It was Michigan and Wisconsin out of this conference that got the ball rolling on it and were 2 votes. Look it up

I don’t disagree with Mich or Wisc but Neb needed about 42 votes to stay (no more than around 20 institutions could vote for removal) and 44 voted for removal

if mich and Wisc were the only BIG schools to vote against then 9 of 11 voted for unl to stay - well within the 2/3 margin

mich and Wisc had little to do with removal

it wasn’t a close vote from other members

I'm sincerely asking you, could you please change your avatar? You don't like Nebraska so I don't get it. I'm just a guy with a Nebraska degree that has provided a great life for my family and I, and who knows a lot of Nebraska grads that have achieved very highly. I don't understand your level of hate and toxicity on a daily basis. You must be a horrible person is all I can conclude,

of course you can get a good education and career out of unl - I never said otherwise

the fact of the matter is the green didn’t qualify at sec schools and did at Neb -

taking that fact (or the facts around AAU) as a slight against all unl degrees is your leap not mine

I don’t disagree with Mich or Wisc but Neb needed about 42 votes to stay (no more than around 20 institutions could vote for removal) and 44 voted for removal

if mich and Wisc were the only BIG schools to vote against then 9 of 11 voted for unl to stay - well within the 2/3 margin

mich and Wisc had little to do with removal

it wasn’t a close vote from other members
What I'm saying is, it was Michigan and Wisconsin that got the whole ball of wax started and then everyone else followed suit

of course you can get a good education and career out of unl - I never said otherwise

the fact of the matter is the green didn’t qualify at sec schools and did at Neb -

taking that fact (or the facts around AAU) as a slight against all unl degrees is your leap not mine
the non-qualification had to do with certain classes not being allowed to transfer from junior college by the conference, not anything to do with grades. he could've had a 4.0 and not been able to go to an SEC school.

yet again choosing to post semantics and technicalities when full context eradicates what little point you may have had to begin with. what a douche.

the non-qualification had to do with certain classes not being allowed to transfer from junior college by the conference, not anything to do with grades. he could've had a 4.0 and not been able to go to an SEC school.

like I said he didn’t qualify at SEC schools and he did at Neb ... not sure what is so controversial

like I said he didn’t qualify at SEC schools and he did at Neb ... not sure what is so controversial
perhaps your use of the word 'yikes'?

it's not controversial at all without your editorializing. in fact, I have zero clue why anyone would go out of their way to post something so useless in earnest.

like I said: what a douche.

Nope. Not buying it. What you wrote was absolutely a slight against all unl degrees and that was your intention. You never miss a chance to take whatever cheap shot you can get at Nebraska. I know there are guys who trash you as being an Iowa troll or whatever, but I don't think you are. So I don't get your fetish with trolling all things Nebraska. You're actually worse than an Iowa fan because for some reason you're a Nebraska fan who gets your entertainment from trolling Nebraska fans.

Nope. Not buying it. What you wrote was absolutely a slight against all unl degrees and that was your intention. You never miss a chance to take whatever cheap shot you can get at Nebraska. I know there are guys who trash you as being an Iowa troll or whatever, but I don't think you are. So I don't get your fetish with trolling all things Nebraska. You're actually worse than an Iowa fan because for some reason you're a Nebraska fan who gets your entertainment from trolling Nebraska fans.

Remember Tulsa Tom? Very similar tendencies.

From wiki:
Psychological characteristics

Researcher Ben Radford wrote about the phenomenon of clowns in history and modern day in his book Bad Clowns and found that bad clowns have evolved into Internet trolls. They do not dress up as traditional clowns but, for their own amusement, they tease and exploit "human foibles" in order to speak the "truth" and gain a reaction. Like clowns in make-up, Internet trolls hide behind "anonymous accounts and fake usernames." In their eyes they are the trickster and are performing for a nameless audience via the Internet.[50] Trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.[51] Trolls take pleasure from causing pain. Their ability to upset or harm gives them a feeling of power.[51]

Reactions: mgbreis
Remember Tulsa Tom? Very similar tendencies.

From wiki:

my goodness... if anyone experiences the least bit of pain or is somehow traumatized by what someone posts on a football message board then the psychopathy clearly dwells within

there is an ignore button for those who may be particularly fragile

my goodness... if anyone experiences the least bit of pain or is somehow traumatized by what someone posts on a football message board then the psychopathy clearly dwells within

there is an ignore button for those who may be particularly fragile
Not traumatized. There's a big difference between being traumatized and just being tired of you shitting on Nebraska in every thread. I'm trying to ask you why? Why are you a Nebraska fan that relentlessly trolls all things Nebraska? Something clearly bothers you about Nebraska and Nebraska fans. I only ignore right wing wackos, besides you post so much that if I put you on ignore half the threads wouldn't even make sense.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT