ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

3 losing seasons in a row.... 4 losing seasons in 5 years.

We’re pretty irrelevant for high school age kids until we stop the downward slide.

I’ve not lost hope and like a lot of what is coming together on the roster, but if W’s don’t come soon the recruiting will tank. Frost is only recruiting ok because he still has credibility. If losing continues HS kids won’t care what he accomplished 5+ years before.
Yep. This year is a MUST win. Even 6 wins and a bowl I don't think would be good enough to save recruiting. We need a big step forward to show recruits this is turning around and Frost is the guy to lead Nebraska back. I think we need to get to 8 total including a bowl. That is going to be tough.

Lol....the next time I read an original thought about Nebraska football from an Iowa fan will be the first time. When you’re ready to go away from the Iowa fan playbook, I’m ready to talk football. Glad we can provide you a forum for your voice to be heard and to correct us when we are wrong. Your trash message board fan base on the husker board East are not as accommodating....
giphy.gif

I don't understand the angst. Its unfortunate, but unless he becomes a tight end. I expect his college career will be similar to his fathers. Without the rings, of course.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Iowa fans are the equivalent of Colorado fans (except Colorado has a legit national championship)

Minnesota fans are the equivalent of Kansas State fans

Ohio State fans are the equivalent of Texas fans

Michigan probably close to A&M, living in the shadows of Texas/tOSU

whose our Oklahoma? A rival we hate but respect?

Northwestern?

Odd, this is from a current players parent who is a friend of the kid that just decommitted. The Keagan Johnson news seems to be really getting to you. Take a step back for a few days and come back better.

IDGAF about Johnson. I just hate Iowa fans. I don't understand why you post here. Is your life so meaningless that small victories not related to you raise your self-respect.

First of all I hate losing to Iowa, it pisses me off. Kirk Ferentz owns Nebraska right now, I think this is fair to say. Iowa is very, very good at player development, they are at a level we need to get to in that dept. Neither one of us are getting the ready made players. Personally losing Johnson does sting for me he’s an instate player that we offered, should have locked him up. I get he’s a 3 star and we probably will replace him with a higher rated kid, legacy recruit who bails and goes to rival....not a good look. 7 wins and no wood shed beatings are a minimum for me. You are what you are after year three in a program, if no serious improvement this year and he better be on the hot seat

very thoughtful post

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I’m good with talking football. I already know the Iowa talking points, so if you have something original or unexpected, I’m ready to discuss. I won’t hold my breath.

good, so you lost some good DL this year. Who do you think will replace them and how do you think they will do.

Thanks

Thanks for stopping by, but I think this thread shows just how different Iowa fans and Nebraska fans really are. Our experience with Iowa fans, since joining this conference, has shown them to be anything but “Midwest nice”.

All fans are the same except we like different teams. If for one second you think you are or they are different you’re wrong. If you put down the other team, tell them they are crap and pretty much run into dirt with hateful biased talk, then you need to grow up.

All fans are the same except we like different teams. If for one second you think you are or they are different you’re wrong. If you put down the other team, tell them they are crap and pretty much run into dirt with hateful biased talk, then you need to grow up.
If you think all fanbases are the same, you need to get out more. There are definitely different cultures in different stadiums and even different conferences. Come to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, as an opposing fan and you will be treated good, bought beers, etc. That’s how it has always been and it’s an expectation. This isn’t me BS’ing ask any opposing fans. From my personal experience, this is much different than what you can expect at some other places, like PSU or Wisconsin, for example.

So which of you is actually Barry Kienow?

Those of you here that aren't Barry Kienow, how do you feel that he represents your favorite program and its associated fanbase?

Stay classy.

Those of you here that aren't Barry Kienow, how do you feel that he represents your favorite program and its associated fanbase?

Stay classy.
who? never heard of him.

nothing classier than running to another teams' board to, I assume, passive aggressively insult them.

take the dongs out of your rump so you can reinsert your head. thanks.

Stay classy.
I don’t know who that is. But I know that being a jackass on another teams message board is pretty pathetic. That much is obviously obvious.

Considering just about everybody on this board was around to experience the titles and our HC was responsible for one I can assure you they are not irrelevant.

But, I give you kudos as that is such an Iowa fan thing to say.

You can't make that up. Western Division banners. Only an Iowa fan tells you that championships aren't relevent. I'm glad I grew up a Nebraska fan. I got to witness it all. Winning. Dominance. Championships. All things that an Iowa fan has yet to experience.

Our worst years are Iowa's best. They're over here thumping their chest on what? Getting players to the pros? I guess it must suck being an Iowa fan with expectations so low.

Do Iowa fans hang Western Division banners from their porches? I'm not sure I understand this acceptance of mediocrity. I tend to stay off of their board. Does this loser mentality permeate their entire fanbase? Someone enlighten me.

I'd be too embarrassed to troll a conference opponent's message board about the importance of NFL caliber TEs and downplay national championships. Is there any other way to see this?

Last edited:
I've read the J.Peter vs C.J. back a few days and I can't give a shit. Just cause Daddy played for NU, doesn't mean son will be any good. Let Iowa have em. Sub-par program reaching for things they don't deserve

Stay classy.
I'm Barry Kienow and I'm a wild and crazzzy guy! If you're from Nebraska and don't wanna play here I hope your family dies. By the way I ran my Omaha bar Anchor Inn Innto the ground cuz I am a sucky businessman. All N babbby

I'm Barry Kienow and I'm a wild and crazzzy guy! If you're from Nebraska and don't wanna play here I hope your family dies. By the way I ran my Omaha bar Anchor Inn Innto the ground cuz I am a sucky businessman. All N babbby
I can’t even imagine what a loser you would have to be to start a new account just to post crap like this.

I’m not holding my breathe that you can look past my screen name and talk football. Heck, I gave inside info on a local recruit and got blasted. I’m allowed to have an opinion on Nebraska football but people take it the wrong name solely because of my screen name and trolls. If I see someone post wrong info about Iowa, I’m going to correct it. Just as I want Husker fans correcting me if I’m wrong about something Nebraska related.

So either ignore me or have a conversation without back handed comments about Iowa. I don’t do the same.

my suggestion, stop worrying about what Husker fans say about Iowa on a HUSKER BOARD. Don’t come to a Husker board asking or demanding Husker fans to talk good about Iowa while you go back to the Iowa board pull the same exact crap. I thought I seen it all...then I read this.

ADVERTISEMENT