ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

The Iowa fan retort playbook is as predictable as Iowa football and also as lackluster....I’ve read several twitter arguments between ISU and Iowa fans and the parallels are hilarious to the back and forth between Nebraska fans and Iowa fans only in the latter case Iowa fans play the part of ISU fans in the former argument. RollingLaugh

And only two other seasons where they were ranked at all. That's right despite all the stability, the best run in Iowa football has had them even ranked about a third of the time.

Despite having 5 different Head Coaches, Nebraska has been ranked 9 times. Nebraska has also played for a National Championship, Iowa has not. Nebraska has played in 4 Conference Championships, Iowa 1. Nebraska has won their division outright 3 times, Iowa 1. Nebraska has at least shared their division 7 times, Iowa 3. And that is comparing the best 20 years of Iowa football to one of the worst for Nebraska. So spare us all the mighty Iowa talk.

All you are doing is bragging about Nebraska's accomplishments when they were in the Big 12.

Remember all the smack that was run by Husker fans about how they were going to own the B1G?

And only two other seasons where they were ranked at all. That's right despite all the stability, the best run in Iowa football has had them even ranked about a third of the time.

Despite having 5 different Head Coaches, Nebraska has been ranked 9 times. Nebraska has also played for a National Championship, Iowa has not. Nebraska has played in 4 Conference Championships, Iowa 1. Nebraska has won their division outright 3 times, Iowa 1. Nebraska has at least shared their division 7 times, Iowa 3. And that is comparing the best 20 years of Iowa football to one of the worst for Nebraska. So spare us all the mighty Iowa talk.

I believe I did some research earlier this winter, over the decades and this past decade 2010-2019 was Iowa 2 best decade in school history..

And on the other hand in 2010-2019 this was Nebraska 3 worst decade in school history.

All you are doing is bragging about Nebraska's accomplishments when they were in the Big 12.

Remember all the smack that was run by Husker fans about how they were going to own the B1G?

All this narrative of Husker fans saying they were going to own the B1G was made up of people like yourself making that narrative.Heard more iowa fans say this than actual Nebraska fans saying this for the last 9 years..

Yes. Your championships a generation ago are as relevant as Minnesota's 6 championships.1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960

Considering just about everybody on this board was around to experience the titles and our HC was responsible for one I can assure you they are not irrelevant.

But, I give you kudos as that is such an Iowa fan thing to say.

Lol....did we think Nebraska would be better than they’ve been since 2011? Sure. Did we say Nebraska would come in and dominate? No. Iowa fans like to dish it out, but hate when it’s thrown back at em. Additionally, there was a season when Iowa had a chance to play 3 big12 teams in the non conference and the result? Iowa 0-3....RollingLaugh

BTW, 02,03 and 04 are an awfully long time ago, or is it only Nebraska fans who aren’t allowed to bring up the past? RollingLaugh

I get a laugh at Herky’s comparing Minnesota 1930’s National Titles compared to Nebraska National Titles.

When Minnesota never played more than 8 games never played in a bowl game and didn’t play 2 platoon football back in the day...

But both Nebraska and Minnesota can actually claim National Titles from the AP or UPI polls..

Herky’s can’t claim either.RollingLaugh

First, you brought up the last 20 years, not me. Sorry the facts, don’t fit your made up narrative. And no Nebraska fans were not saying anything about owing the B1G, that’s just your insecurity speaking, again.

I do remember Iowa fans spouting off on how they are the “bullies” of the Big Ten.

Fast forward 9 years and they have been to Indy the same amount of times as Nebraska.

Time for Frost to show that the staff can coach up kids for the NFL. Based on the past few years of the NFL Drafts, Iowa has demonstrated they can. Recruiting is half, but taking 3* to the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft is reality of fact. Until Frost and staff can show they an coach up kids to the NFL, each year, recruiting is going to get harder.

Until Frost and staff can show they an coach up kids to the NFL, each year, recruiting is going to get harder.
Yeah, this must be true since we signed the signed the best class in the west last year and had our best class in a decade. All while posting two terrible seasons. Recruiting couldn't get harder than it is right now. It's going to get easier.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yeah, this must be true since we signed the signed the best class in the west last year and had our best class in a decade. All while posting two terrible seasons. Recruiting couldn't get harder than it is right now. It's going to get easier.
A lot depends on how this season goes. Another bad season and I think it will get harder.

Iowa fans are considered the most trash fan base in all of college football on national boards, so most other fan bases are on our side when it comes to the scum that is Iowa fan.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou

Well...finish it off and turn it in to your worst stretch in 30 years. I don’t mind.

genuinely doubt iowa fans, like iowa’s football program, are anywhere close to the national radar
Definitely not the program, but when the fan base shows up on a national board spouting their usual crap they get slapped around by other fan bases similar to the beating they’re taking on this board. It’s fun to watch, turns out that the rest of college football fandom doesn’t consider an occasional top 10 finish a big deal unless it comes with a conference title game WIN...RollingLaugh

Well...finish it off and turn it in to your worst stretch in 30 years. I don’t mind.
Made me chuckle... something original from an Iowa fan. Well played!

But when do you get the handout telling you what to say on husker boards? You won’t be able to be original for long if you’re like the rest of Iowa fans...

What are the odds all of these ahole Iowa fans are 20 somethings? I can understand why a 20 something Iowa fan would want to try and compare the two programs, they have no life experience or perspective.

Iowa fans are the trash of college football fandom no matter their age.

The culture of fans in the B1G, especially Iowa fans has been shocking to me. I really had no idea how ridiculous they were before joining the B1G.
how is everyone else ridiculous?

This thread is hilarious. Of course us Iowa fans would be thrilled to have had the ride Nebraska fans have had over the decades. You guys (well, the University of Nebraska football program) have more titles and a more decorated history than Iowa. Conceded. However, there is nothing we little 'ol Iowa fans can do to change that. So what can we do? I suppose we could petition Iowa to fold the program, but I'm personally not interested in that as I enjoy my football Saturdays. What I can do is enjoy each season for what it is. I'm not going to sulk when Iowa only beats a bad Nebraska team by a last-second field goal. Sulking about wins is weird. If Iowa is a shit program because I, some dude in NW Iowa, doesn't get pissed about regular 8-10 win seasons, then I guess it is what it is. Have I been disappointed when Iowa teams underperform given the roster composition? Sure. Welcome to sports fandom. At the end of the day, at least currently, neither of "our" programs are winning championships, but I do know that one program is consistently more competitive at the moment.

While I can't say that Iowa has had the storied history Nebraska has (because it hasn't), I can say that I have been able to watch good, competitive, developmental football most (not all) of my life, and now I can enjoy it with my kids as they grow up. Iowa does things the right way, develops players, and can generally play with just about anyone. Glad to see that Johnson will be on board.

Reactions: bowlhawk
This thread is hilarious. Of course us Iowa fans would be thrilled to have had the ride Nebraska fans have had over the decades. You guys (well, the University of Nebraska football program) have more titles and a more decorated history than Iowa. Conceded. However, there is nothing we little 'ol Iowa fans can do to change that. So what can we do? I suppose we could petition Iowa to fold the program, but I'm personally not interested in that as I enjoy my football Saturdays. What I can do is enjoy each season for what it is. I'm not going to sulk when Iowa only beats a bad Nebraska team by a last-second field goal. Sulking about wins is weird. If Iowa is a shit program because I, some dude in NW Iowa, doesn't get pissed about regular 8-10 win seasons, then I guess it is what it is. Have I been disappointed when Iowa teams underperform given the roster composition? Sure. Welcome to sports fandom. At the end of the day, at least currently, neither of "our" programs are winning championships, but I do know that one program is consistently more competitive at the moment.

While I can't say that Iowa has had the storied history Nebraska has (because it hasn't), I can say that I have been able to watch good, competitive, developmental football most (not all) of my life, and now I can enjoy it with my kids as they grow up. Iowa does things the right way, develops players, and can generally play with just about anyone. Glad to see that Johnson will be on board.
Here is the question. Why do you feel the need to run to another teams board, pound your chest and tell them how great you are? That kind of obsession and insecurity is what is hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT