ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

no that would be outscoring you by 80 some points and 5-0 the past 5 years. that sounds a lot more like "owning" ;)
I mean, since this staff got to town and took over a mess of a program. You have won on two last second FG's and now have won the verbal of a 3-star recruit. And that makes you so cocky, you feel the need to troll on another teams message board? That is pretty, pathetic.

Building a culture has to do with the kids you end up bringing into the program. The act of recruiting does not build culture, so why does it matter how you get them there? Right of the bat, why wouldn't you as a coach offer all 5-stars? Sure they may not come, but most 5-stars are rated that high for a reason. Nebraska needs to develop on the field better, but our classes are best in the West so the strategy must be somewhat working.

Reactions: headcard
Agree, Im not talking current WR. Im saying we are stacked on the young guys incoming. Plus whatever we get in the 2021 class. He would have a up hill battle to beat many of these guys out. At Iowa he will stand out. I don't fault him. Go where you will get guarantee playing time and have a chance to shine.
2020 class
Alante Brown .8897
Marcus Fleming. 9075
Omar Manning . 9053
William Nixon .8647
Jimari Butler .8621
Niko Cooper .8594

Compare that to Iowa 2020 class
Deontae Craig .8897
Diante Vines .8530
Quavon Matthews .8296 .

You also left Betts off too..

Reactions: headcard
This isn't because he's going to another B1G school. Any transfer has to sit unless they are a grad transfer or if they get a waiver from the NCAA.

There is a vote in June to allow one transfer per student athlete without having to sit out that is expected to pass but not go into place until 2021-2022.
If he transfers anywhere he would have to sit unless he's a grad transfer or gets a waiver from the NCAA. It has nothing to do with him going to another school in conference.
So please explain how this helps Spielman, who will be a redshirt senior next year... he didn’t graduate this year, so a grad transfer is out of the question...

How will he play in Minnesota again?

Thanks for trying...

Reactions: CatColumbia
So please explain how this helps Spielman, who will be a redshirt senior next year... he didn’t graduate this year, so a grad transfer is out of the question...

Thanks for trying...

So he is going into his 5th year at Nebraska and still hasnt graduated?

Thanks for trying...

The original post on this topic I responded to made the comment that Frost would need to approve the transfer since its another B1G school which isnt the case. The NCAA would make the ruling.

Try and keep up.

He hasn’t graduated so he can’t go the graduate route. The one time transfer rule won’t be applied until after this year. That leaves the hardship transfer option but our school has to approve the transfer. Frost is a nice guy but I hope he’s not nice enough to let someone go play for a conference rival.

What transfer rules would stop him from going to MN?
It’s called reading between the lines. Why transfer to Minnesota if he can’t play football? The conversation was about him playing football at Minnesota. No transfer rule will stop him from going to Minnesota. But he won’t play football there without a waiver.

Make sense now?

Why did you include Butler and Cooper, they are OLB's. Also, you left off your highest rated WR, Betts .9506
Ha just quickly went down the list. Saw the W assumed WR not WDE. Missed Betts. Will correct

Agree, Im not talking current WR. Im saying we are stacked on the young guys incoming. Plus whatever we get in the 2021 class. He would have a up hill battle to beat many of these guys out. At Iowa he will stand out. I don't fault him. Go where you will get guarantee playing time and have a chance to shine.
2020 class
Alante Brown .8897
Marcus Fleming. 9075
Omar Manning . 9053
William Nixon .8647
Jimari Butler .8621
Niko Cooper .8594

Compare that to Iowa 2020 class
Deontae Craig .8897
Diante Vines .8530
Quavon Matthews .8296 .
Deontae Craig is a four star DE.

It’s called reading between the lines. Why transfer to Minnesota if he can’t play football? The conversation was about him playing football at Minnesota. No transfer rule will stop him from going to Minnesota. But he won’t play football there without a waiver.

Make sense now?

He wont play football anywhere besides Nebraska in 2020 without graduating or getting a waiver. It has nothing to do with him going to MN.

Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? There are no additional steps that need to be taken anymore to transfer to another school in the same conference.

He wont play football anywhere besides Nebraska in 2020 without graduating or getting a waiver. It has nothing to do with him going to MN.

Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? There are no additional steps that need to be taken anymore to transfer to another school in the same conference.
Not hard to understand at all. If he wants to quit football he can go anywhere he wants.

If that is all you were saying, thanks Captain Obvious!!!! It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out!

@CatColumbia was merely saying playing football in Minnesota wouldn’t happen. Of course Frost can’t restrict where he goes. But if JD plans on playing football next year, there will be problems with where he transfers.

But thanks for making sure we know we aren’t in the Communist States of America.

Not hard to understand at all. If he wants to quit football he can go anywhere he wants.

If that is all you were saying, thanks Captain Obvious!!!! It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out!

@CatColumbia was merely saying playing football in Minnesota wouldn’t happen. Of course Frost can’t restrict where he goes. But if JD plans on playing football next year, there will be problems with where he transfers.

But thanks for making sure we know we aren’t in the Communist States of America.

Might want to tell your buddy that.

He hasn’t graduated so he can’t go the graduate route. The one time transfer rule won’t be applied until after this year. That leaves the hardship transfer option but our school has to approve the transfer. Frost is a nice guy but I hope he’s not nice enough to let someone go play for a conference rival.

Yea and Iowa hadn’t won a Big 10 title outright in 34 years either, what does that have to do with Fidone commitment..
LOL If you going to go that rout, you can also say Nebraska has never won a national championship on the field, they have all been voted on. The last Big ten championship Iowa tied Ohio State, but since they were not on each other's schedule they tied. Kind of like Nebraska and Michigan shared the 97 National championship. I don't hold teams responsible for how they win championships, they can only play the teams on their schedule. LOL If only they had conference championships and national championship games since the NCAA's inception. Well, if they had that, fan bases wouldn't have as much to argue about. LOL

Nebraska has been to 53 bowl games, Iowa 33.

Nebraska is 29-18-3 against Iowa head-to-head.

You guys come over to brag about getting a first down in a game you're losing by 30. It's adorable.
For being a “great” program NE has far from dominated IA. The all time head to head since 1942 is 11-9 IA.
To get a little more modern since 1979 is 8-7 NE
Since BIG 6-3 IA
I know NE likes to live in the past but the reality is we are no CO where we flucky every now and then. IA is and will continue to be a solid program that plays every team tough.

As an outsider(obvious bias) think SF is to big of a baby and throws/blames everyone under the bus.
Not built to lead in a positive get behind him way. Feel like he’d been privileged and gotten his way his whole life and when adversity hits he’s a blamer not a look in the mirror and fixer.

For being a “great” program NE has far from dominated IA. The all time head to head since 1942 is 11-9 IA.
Since BIG 6-3 IA
I know NE likes to live in the past but the reality is we are no CO where we flucky every now and then. IA is and will continue to be a solid program that plays every team tough.

As an outsider(obvious bias) think SF is to big of a baby and throws/blames everyone under the bus.
Not built to lead in a positive get behind him way. Feel like he’d been privileged and gotten his way his whole life and when adversity hits he’s a blamer not a look in the mirror and fixer.
I don't write the NCAA record books and decide what's valid and what isn't. I would advise you to do the same.

As for Frost, you don't need to like him.

Since BIG 6-3 IA

We are checking off every square on the obsessed Iowa fan BINGO card today. First, offers too many players. Now, throws everyone under the buss.

You are right about one thing, you are no Colorado. They actually have won something of substance and occasionally went toe to toe with us, at our best.

Some people are kool aid drinkers so bad that I'm starting to see how Jim Jones was able to do what he did. People are blindly faithful and overtly brainwashed for no rhyme or reason.

In a state where there are only 4 or so power 5 conference material type players it's bad enough if 1 decides to go elsewhere but 2 or more is abysmal and telling. No sugarcoating, no "I saw him in person and wasn't impressed, no "we didn't want him anyway".

Hopefully he commits to Nebraska and they flip Dickerson back b4 signing day. These other schools see it's blood in the water and they gone really start coming in here heavy and harder if Frost doesn't start WINNING!

Hey, my man, Jim Jones used Flavor Aid.

Go away sheep. You’re not winning this battle. The original premise was that Spielman will not have an easy transfer route so he’ll probably just retire. Didn’t need you to pull out your NCAA book to lecture me.

Reactions: timnsun
Go away sheep. You’re not winning this battle. The original premise was that Spielman will not have an easy transfer route so he’ll probably just retire. Didn’t need you to pull out your NCAA book to lecture me.

Its not my fault you had no clue what you were talking about.

I didn't pull the rule book out until you came back with this:

Prove me different, I don’t believe this is accurate. If so kids would be leaving left and right to other conference schools.

Since BIG 6-3 IA

Got to get perspective my man. 5 of Iowas wins on your data came the last 5 years. Remember the worst 5 years stretch possibly in Nebraska history. For sure of the last 60 years. I get it, it all counts, but take those gimmies away and Nebraska owns Iowa.
H2h 9-6 NEB
Since 1979 8-2 NEB
Since BIG 3-1 NEB

I have noticed Iowa has the warped sense of reality, that these last 5 years have been the last 20. Nebraska has not been horrible the last 20 years. We have basically been Iowa football. The last 5 years have been horrible. That is what it takes for Iowa to get any kind of leverage over Nebraska. Even then they still can't take full advantage as it took 2 last second field goals to get the job done. These last 5 years have been a once in a 60 year anomaly. They will not be a normal. Doubt we see another 5 years like it for a very very long time. Iowa will have to figure that out the hard way. But let them stay in the fantasy land for a few more months.

ADVERTISEMENT