ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

That link was helpful. Coaches can’t tell student-athletes where to go or not to go. But the link did clearly state that they aren’t necessarily immediately eligible either. Check this out...

“The NCAA does not prevent any student-athletes from transferring. Where NCAA rules come into play is with questions about how quickly a student-athlete can compete at the new school. Transfer student-athletes who do not qualify for a transfer exception or receive a waiver are not allowed to compete during their first year at the new school.”

Now, as I read the information in the link you included, Nebraska can’t tell him not to go to Minnesota. But they don’t have to approve the transfer either. If he doesn’t get approved, he has to sit a year. And since he would be a redshirt senior this coming season, this would be his last year. Would hate to have to sit the year out... but that is exactly what he would have to do, ending his eligibility.

You’ve been most helpful in clearing this up. Thanks!

This isn't because he's going to another B1G school. Any transfer has to sit unless they are a grad transfer or if they get a waiver from the NCAA.

There is a vote in June to allow one transfer per student athlete without having to sit out that is expected to pass but not go into place until 2021-2022.

Thanks for the link. But regarding transferring, the guy will have to sit out for a year. Spielman hasn’t put his name in the transfer portal yet.

If he transfers anywhere he would have to sit unless he's a grad transfer or gets a waiver from the NCAA. It has nothing to do with him going to another school in conference.

Junior high schedules are no way to brag about the past. You have joined a BIG BOY conference now. Going forward will continue to bring more below average results. Best of luck.

Still waiting from Iowa fan tell us when did the Big 10 before Nebraska joined, ever have 4 teams finish in the top 10 in the country or finish 1,2,3 in the country all at seasons end..
The Big 8 did.

I might add that one year we had junior high non conference schedule of Iowa,Florida St, Penn St and Auburn.

Junior high schedules are no way to brag about the past. You have joined a BIG BOY conference now. Going forward will continue to bring more below average results. Best of luck.
Well you would know about below average results. Funny how you think the B1G is so powerful. Was it a big boy conference when Pelini (an average coach) won 9+ every year and owned Iowa? Or did it just become a big boy conference when Nebraska hired a bad coach?

Nebraska hasn't been relevant since joining the Big 10.

A lot of butthurt on here.

I guess many want to live in an echo chamber. Lol. I was actually positive and complimentary of Nebraska on here and the majority of their fans flipped me the bird.

And here I had always been led to believe Husker fans were such nice people. :eek:

I guess many want to live in an echo chamber. Lol. I was actually positive and complimentary of Nebraska on here and the majority of their fans flipped me the bird.

And here I had always been led to believe Husker fans were such nice people. :eek:
Your handle is accurate, you sound like a bleeder.RollingLaugh

If you don't like the Husker fans on here, why not do us all a favor and leave?

It’s as if running to another teams board to talk shit isn’t appreciated. No we don’t want to hear from you about how great Iowa is and how Nebraska will be terrible forever. I mean look at virtually every single post from Iowa fans in this thread. This place is far from an echo chamber, you trolls just add nothing.

And here is a question why are you Hawk fans so upset and butthurt? Why run over in in mass to run your mouth? I doubt Nebraska fans were on your board bragging about getting three star guys like Newsome and Gunnerson. I looked on your free board to see if anything was posted about Johnson’s decision and all I saw were posts about Nebraska. Iowa is in the midst of one of the best runs in program history and yet the fan base would rather obsess about Nebraska. It’s pathetic.

This just sucks. How is Iowa putting a better class together then us? They are a mediocre at best team and we’ve won 5 national titles and we will be back. Come on Keegan stay home!!!

This just sucks. How is Iowa putting a better class together then us? They are a mediocre at best team and we’ve won 5 national titles and we will be back. Come on Keegan stay home!!!
tenor.gif

I totally agree. Just saying what Iowa has done here is the same thing we have done as well. Johnson could easily tell Kirk to go fly a kite, but Iowa must interest him enough that he’s willing to commit before he intended to.
We also have to remember verbal commits are worthless now days. With kids unable to take official visits I think we are going to be seeing many more kids "committing" to a school just to guarantee a spot. Then when things open back up and kids can go on officials we see them flipping to the schools they really want.
This may or may not be the situation here. Nebraska is stocked at WR and may not be as desperate. Iowa is not and could be pressuring him to verbal. As a recruit I would take the sure thing right now. Down the road we may get these type of players to flip.

I would say Iowa is just doing what you always do, loading up on low level three stars early.
The problem is these guys aren’t low level like usual. Quite a few of their 3 stars will be 4 stars soon. This just sucks but in Scott we trust. Nebraska will be back to winning titles soon! And I expect this to age like a fine wine.

Because they always do this time of year. They go after lower level easier to get recruits and in state recruits. Recruits they know will commit right away to a p5 school. Hence they are able to fill their class rapidly which gives them high recruiting rankings. Then as Nebraska and many other schools start getting more recruits Iowa slips down to the 30s or 40s. Its the same every single year. Don't worry Nebraska will recruit better than Iowa as we do all other years. When looking at average recruit Nebraska is already ahead of Iowa.

I’ve heard some pretty dumb things in my life, but this one is right up there with the best of them. 5 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS later, emphasis on NATIONAL...

Reactions: headcard

Remember the source... message board. Come to Memorial Stadium. You’ll be treated so much better than here. I imagine the same could probably be said about Nebraska fan in IC.

Last year’s game in Lincoln I had 2 Iowa fans sitting next to me. Both drunk before the game started, loud and obnoxious, but by the end of the game when they had sobered up some, both also said this was the best experience in a visitor’s stadium they ever experienced.

Last edited:
I think it's more so who the kid is. He's not just some random 3* kid off the street. Didn't his dad go to Nebraska? So he's a great player that's a legacy recruit an hour from campus. You need to lock down kids like that.
calm down. We've taken other schools legacy commits before too. It happens. Not every kid wants to go follow the same exact footprints left behind from their parents

The problem is these guys aren’t low level like usual. Quite a few of their 3 stars will be 4 stars soon. This just sucks but in Scott we trust. Nebraska will be back to winning titles soon! And I expect this to age like a fine wine.
No, you are getting the same recruits you always have and you will continue to get the same results. But if winning the head to head game on a last second FG and winning the recruiting battle for a low three star, has you so hard, you feel the need to make new screen names to troll, more power to you.

Perhaps we are swapping legacy players. I think you get Bollers...his dad played for Iowa. I also think you get fidone.

Reactions: Clemke32
I come in peace. What's the story on his dad? What position did he play? Was he a starter?

We have lost in state kids before as well, sucks but there's always other kids.

Good luck in the future, off the field and on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT