ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

Ha! You embarrass yourself here, on HawkeyeReport, and on Twitter (by all means, keep tweeting at recruits, it’s not creepy at all...) on the regular. I’m sure my list of places you look like a clown is incomplete, but my point stands. Take a look in the mirror.

I haven’t embarrassed myself, not even a little bit. Now what you’re trying to do is make me look bad. I admit I troll you Iowa fans back on here and occasionally on the Iowa board but you guys going as far as tweeter claims is going far and beyond now.

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see the good battles between our two teams over the next several years. I think the past 2 seasons and the game being tied till the final seconds is a good indication on what our Husker and Hawkeye fans a like can expect in the future. Definitely turning into a legit rivalry.

It's certainly possible.

I never try to predict beyond one season. What I will say is the difference between winning and losing is often paper thin. Nebraska was competitive in quite a few games last year. I think the biggest challenge Scott Frost faces is changing the culture established during the Riley years of being soft in the trenches and accepting losing. If Frost can change the culture, Nebraska should be competitive.

The problem is it's just so hard to predict because B1G Ten football is ridiculously tough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nebraska's schedule brutal next year? I know Iowa's is. Anyway, if for argument's sake Nebraska goes 7-5 or 8-4 next season, to me that's a really good sign the program is heading in the right direction. By way of comparison, Ferentz didn't have a double-digit win season until Year 4. With a little patience and perseverance, Nebraska could be good in the near future. Ya never know.

Btw, you're much better here than on the Iowa board.

It's certainly possible.

I never try to predict beyond one season. What I will say is the difference between winning and losing is often paper thin. Nebraska was competitive in quite a few games last year. I think the biggest challenge Scott Frost faces is changing the culture established during the Riley years of being soft in the trenches and accepting losing. If Frost can change the culture, Nebraska should be competitive.

The problem is it's just so hard to predict because B1G Ten football is ridiculously tough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nebraska's schedule brutal next year? I know Iowa's is. Anyway, if for argument's sake Nebraska goes 7-5 or 8-4 next season, to me that's a really good sign the program is heading in the right direction. By way of comparison, Ferentz didn't have a double-digit win season until Year 4. With a little patience and perseverance, Nebraska could be good in the near future. Ya never know.

dead on. Huskers have a crazy hard schedule next year and I’d be stoked to go 7-5 or 8-4. And you aren’t joking about the BIG 10 being much much tougher then it has in the past. Purdue, Illinois, Maryland and even Northwestern have been doing great in recruiting too. It’s only going to get tougher and tougher.

I’m just tired of the Iowa stuff. Its making following Husker football less and less fun.
Iowa is relevant here because they are on Johnsons list. Thats it. They are not relevant any other way..who's better, trophies, drafts, other recruits. It doesn't f*cking matter.
I’m tired of Iowa fans being over here but also tired of Husker fans bringing them up, and then engaging the Iowa trolls.

Iowa is relevant in certain aspects and certain times a year but the pissing match shouldn’t find its way into every damn thread.
so true. iowa is relavent once every four years, and not because of football.

I cannot, in one million lifetimes, imagine seeking out an iowa board.

Reactions: headcard
It's certainly possible.

take your own advice.

bye.

so true. iowa is relavent once every four years, and not because of football.

I cannot, in one million lifetimes, imagine seeking out an iowa board.

yeah, I been guilty of that this past month. I went months or even about half a year without doing it at all and I have no clue why I done it lately. Actually I know but I’m not going to stir the pot. It’s gone way over board all ready. But no more, it’s Husker football, basketball, baseball, volleyball and recruiting and that’s it. No more traveling for me...on my dead 4 year daughters grave...

yeah, I been guilty of that this past month. I went months or even about half a year without doing it at all and I have no clue why I done it lately. Actually I know but I’m not going to stir the pot. It’s gone way over board all ready. But no more, it’s Husker football, basketball, baseball, volleyball and recruiting and that’s it. No more traveling for me...on my dead 4 year daughters grave...
I just don't know what an iowa board would consist of. like, what is there to talk about?

hey, remember that outback bowl that one year? or how about that holiday bowl?! the quarterback, whats-his-name banks.. what a player!

they're nobodies

There's about to be a lot of butthurt Husker Twitterers tomorrow, and I ain't gonna be one of 'em. If we had made a bowl game the past season, I'd be willing to bet Johnson sides with Nebraska.

Still bites that we're gonna miss on a legacy kid. It's not super great that we're letting other coaching staffs know Omaha recruits are up for grabs. But that's the way the football world spins when you don't win. Even with decent recruiting this program has some mountains to climb.

Wait until Fidone commits to Iowa. The meltdown on here will be 100x worse.

Wait until Fidone commits to Iowa. The meltdown on here will be 100x worse.

that one, oh yeah. Thomas Fidone being a self proclaimed Husker fan and grew up rooting for the Huskers and so on...if he indeed ends up picking Iowa over his child hood favorite Huskers...yeah I don’t even want to think about it. But I don’t see it, there isn’t anything showing Fidone is leaning that way.

disappointed if he goes somewhere else...? sure. its a hit.
if we cant find similar talent elsewhere...? then, ill be concerned.

I fully agree. A good prospect, but nothing earth shattering that can’t be found in at least 40 other states. Now of course, if he develops into Noah Fant level status, then that will hurt. But I’m confident we’ll find a great player that wants to be a Husker.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
I fully agree. A good prospect, but nothing earth shattering that can’t be found in at least 40 other states. Now of course, if he develops into Noah Fant level status, then that will hurt. But I’m confident we’ll find a great player that wants to be a Husker.
Exactly. There are four alums on the coaching staff, if they can't sell Nebraska to a kid it's probably just not going to work out.

Dallas Goedert went to South Dakota State. Travis Kelce played at Cincinnati. Adam Trautman went to Dayton. George Kittle went to Iowa. Fans get set on a recruit because they hear their name as a target, but there are talented tight ends throughout the NFL that played at mediocre colleges and it's on the staff to find a couple who want to go to a blue blood like Nebraska. I think they will.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible.

Lol...,GTFO Iowa trash....RollingLaugh

But anyways, sorry to my fellow Husker fans on this board. I definitely didn’t mean to hi jack the thread with my opinions and my loyal fans from the Iowa board. I seen two things Iowa fans are obsessed with now...our Huskers and all things Huskers and ME...Huskersalts...;)

congrats to Iowa on getting Keagan Johnson tomorrow, we all know it’s coming and he will do great there. He comes from great blood lines...either way. I’m owning up, Iowa got him and they got a good one.
No worries, your passionate about your team. ;)

Reactions: SWIowahawks
He hasn’t graduated so he can’t go the graduate route. The one time transfer rule won’t be applied until after this year. That leaves the hardship transfer option but our school has to approve the transfer. Frost is a nice guy but I hope he’s not nice enough to let someone go play for a conference rival.

Schools can't restrict where kids transfer to anymore. He can transfer to a school in the B1G if he wants to.

Reactions: cidsports
I haven’t embarrassed myself, not even a little bit. Now what you’re trying to do is make me look bad. I admit I troll you Iowa fans back on here and occasionally on the Iowa board but you guys going as far as tweeter claims is going far and beyond now.

Any grown adult who tweets at football players is a little "off" in my opinion. Likely someone not in a position of responsibility for sure.

Growing up in the '90s, I took a passing interest in Nebraska since they were the only real powerhouse in the region. I remember on Black Friday having a general feeling of hoping Nebraska would beat Oklahoma.

My mom is an Iowa State grad, and I attended a couple games vs. Nebraska during the '90s. I was a kid, but all the Nebraska people seemed nice. So, there is quite a disconnect between actual people you meet and keyboard warriors. Honestly, it'd be nice if people could grow up and be more civil to each other.

Oh, and no matter where Johnson goes, both programs will be fine.

In my experience, the keyboard guys aren't the alums that attend the games.

Prove me different, I don’t believe this is accurate. If so kids would be leaving left and right to other conference schools.

What?

Your basketball team took a transfer from Wisconsin in the past couple months.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/what-know-about-division-i-transfers

"Can coaches dictate where a student-athlete can transfer?

Coaches can’t tell student-athletes when or where they can transfer. Student-athletes can transfer at any time if they believe attending a different school is in their best interest."

Hell, Kirk Ferentz during his rebuild at Iowa went 10-24 his first 3 years and so far Frost has gone 9-15...he’s doing better the Captain Kirk so far. Just saying...
So....you're comparing the BIG RED machine known as 'Nebraska' to lil 'ol Iowa? And we've kicked your asses 5 straight years! HAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: IAROY
oh no doubt, we will most definitely get our guys. WR is one position I’m never worried about. Lubick and Frost will get talented players regardless.
Getting talent is not the criteria. It’s developing talent. Which clearly isn’t something they have proven

Nebraska hasn't been relevant since joining the Big 10.

So....you're comparing the BIG RED machine known as 'Nebraska' to lil 'ol Iowa? And we've kicked your asses 5 straight years! HAHAHAHAHA

funny, because Iowa has NEVER been relevant, ever...so there is that. I’d gladly take has been then NEVER has been any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Enjoy those 5 wins against our worst ever Huskers teams...Huskers still own the series 29-18. Making Iowa the Huskers lil biotch. And It is funny watching to crap on your very own Team just to try and crap on the Huskers. It’s quite hilarious actually...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
What?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/what-know-about-division-i-transfers

Coaches can’t tell student-athletes when or where they can transfer. Student-athletes can transfer at any time if they believe attending a different school is in their best interest."

Thanks for the link. But regarding transferring, the guy will have to sit out for a year. Spielman hasn’t put his name in the transfer portal yet.

Reactions: timnsun
What?

That link was helpful. Coaches can’t tell student-athletes where to go or not to go. But the link did clearly state that they aren’t necessarily immediately eligible either. Check this out...

“The NCAA does not prevent any student-athletes from transferring. Where NCAA rules come into play is with questions about how quickly a student-athlete can compete at the new school. Transfer student-athletes who do not qualify for a transfer exception or receive a waiver are not allowed to compete during their first year at the new school.”

Now, as I read the information in the link you included, Nebraska can’t tell him not to go to Minnesota. But they don’t have to approve the transfer either. If he doesn’t get approved, he has to sit a year. And since he would be a redshirt senior this coming season, this would be his last year. Would hate to have to sit the year out... but that is exactly what he would have to do, ending his eligibility.

You’ve been most helpful in clearing this up. Thanks!

If Iowa were to win 10 games every season and Nebraska went winless every season it would STILL take Iowa 25 years to win as many games as Nebraska has won as of right now and over a decade to even tie up the head to head series.

Go back to the kiddie pool where you belong. You've won 5 straight because we've been awful. Your program of celebratory mediocrity is not a measuring stick around here.

The simple fact that you hold those 5 wins as some sort of achievement considering where the Nebraska program has been the past decade says all anyone needs to know about how pathetically unimpressive Iowa's program is on a historical level.

If Iowa were to win 10 games every season and Nebraska went winless every season it would STILL take Iowa 25 years to win as many games as Nebraska has won as of right now and over a decade to even tie up the head to head series.

Go back to the kiddie pool where you belong. You've won 5 straight because we've been awful. Your program of celebratory mediocrity is not a measuring stick around here.

The simple fact that you hold those 5 wins as some sort of achievement considering where the Nebraska program has been the past decade says all anyone needs to know about how pathetically unimpressive Iowa's program is on a historical level.
Junior high schedules are no way to brag about the past. You have joined a BIG BOY conference now. Going forward will continue to bring more below average results. Best of luck.

Reactions: frydaze
Junior high schedules are no way to brag about the past. You have joined a BIG BOY conference now. Going forward will continue to bring more below average results. Best of luck.
Tired argument from a fan base of a never was team. Try as you might, there is no diminishing Nebraska’s history, this is where Iowa fans show their true lil bro complex colors. No matter what you idiots think, the fact is that Nebraska is an all time top 8 program. Take your 5 years of glory and GTFO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT