ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

It’s exactly what was posted on here and on your very own Iowa site. He had officials for Iowa and Nebraska in place and was working on a KSU visit. It was right on the front page of Huskersonline and your Hawkeye Rivkas page. So yes, he wanted to take visits first. Not my fault Kirk gave him an ultimatum.
What about the 4 star OL we just got last week? Had visits scheduled to OSU, Michigan and Iowa three consecutive weeks but decided to pull the trigger for the Hawks. Did Kirk give him an ultimatum too?

Reactions: IAROY
There’s no dialogue between JD and our staff. I’d be highly surprised if he’s back. My guess is he retires. Transferring to Minnesota will be almost impossible scenario due to transfer rules.

What transfer rules would stop him from going to MN?

We don’t know and don’t care. Go back to the Iowa board where someone might give a shit about your recruiting.

I like this idea. This thread was linked on our board, and that's why I've dropped by. It's good to know husker bath salts is just as unhinged on here as he is the Iowa board.

Regardless, I'm with you. Iowa fans stay on the Iowa board; Nebraska fans stay here. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Frankly, I don't get the vitriol. There is very little history between the two schools outside of this past decade. Granted, I didn't grow up in western Iowa, so I don't get the crush some of our fans have on you guys and vice versa, but a lot of it seems over the top to me. I actually enjoyed a lot of those Nebraska teams from the '90s, especially when they would clobber Florida schools. But again, I didn't grow up in western Iowa and didn't really know any die-hard Husker fans.

What transfer rules would stop him from going to MN?

He hasn’t graduated so he can’t go the graduate route. The one time transfer rule won’t be applied until after this year. That leaves the hardship transfer option but our school has to approve the transfer. Frost is a nice guy but I hope he’s not nice enough to let someone go play for a conference rival.

Reactions: headcard
You sound just like an ISU using this logic. Thats not a compliment, by the way.

what, comparing apples to apples isnt a good logic to use or is it because it shows how Head Coaches might struggle in year 1 and 2 and even 3 and still turn out alright and become good Head Coaches?

Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin went 1-10, 3-9, 5-7 his first 3 years.
Stoops at Kentucky went 2-10, 5-7, 5-7 and then 7-6 his first 4 years.
Nick Saban at MSU went 6-5, 6-6, 7-5 and then 6-6 his first 4 years.
Bill Snyder at KSU went 1-10, 5-6, 7-4 and then 5-6 his first 4 years.
PJ Fleck at Minnesota went 5-7, 6-6 and then 11-2 his first 3 years.
Jim Harbaugh at Stanford went 4-8 and 5-7 before going 8-5 in year 3....

I think I made my point. Scott Frost has gone 4-8 and 5-7 his first 2 seasons and in those 2 seasons, 9 or more of those games where lost by 3-5 points or less. Frost and the Huskers very well could explode the next year or two just like these other Head Coaches I mentioned.

Last edited:
What about the 4 star OL we just got last week? Had visits scheduled to OSU, Michigan and Iowa three consecutive weeks but decided to pull the trigger for the Hawks. Did Kirk give him an ultimatum too?

None of those guys planned visits and then all of sudden had to back out of it. It’s not even a bad thing, you guys have one spot left for a WR. So naturally it’s either take a chance and lose Iowa’s scholarship or stick to your plans and take visits. I already posted the link to Keagen Johnson talking to the Iowa boards publisher and stating his plans.

I think it’s pretty obvious what happened. Going from having Two officials lined up and working on getting the third with KSU lined up and a few weeks later he’s suddenly not taking visits and making a commitment announcement? 1 plus 1 usually equals 2...but Incase you missed it and won’t go back and look.

Last edited:
None of those guys planned visits and then all of sudden had to back out of it. It’s not even a bad thing, you guys have one spot left for a WR. So naturally it’s either take a chance and lose Iowa’s scholarship or stick to your plans and take visits. I already posted the link to Keagen Johnson talking to the Iowa boards publisher and stating his plans.

I think it’s pretty obvious what happened. Going from having Two officials lined up and working on getting the third with KSU lined up and a few weeks later he’s suddenly not taking visits and making a commitment announcement? 1 plus 1 usually equals 2...but Incase you missed it and won’t go back and look.

Rivals shows he visited all 3 schools in a 9-day stretch in January.
You’re making it seem like this kid has never set foot on Nebraska’s campus. His dad played football at Nebraska and they live an hour away. I’m sure he’s been there numerous times.

I like this game, and even though I went to Iowa, I think I've got it figured out. For instance, you could say, (or is that should say?), "It Iowas that the Cornhuskers have lost five in a row to Iowa on the gridiron, including three in Lincoln. In one of those home games the Huskers really Iowa-ed, giving up 56 points and losing by 42."

Well done. You don’t Iowa at this! Another way to say it is that “it Iowa’s that the Cornhuskers have lost five in a row to Suck on the gridiron.”

I’m just tired of the Iowa stuff. Its making following Husker football less and less fun.
Iowa is relevant here because they are on Johnsons list. Thats it. They are not relevant any other way..who's better, trophies, drafts, other recruits. It doesn't f*cking matter.
I’m tired of Iowa fans being over here but also tired of Husker fans bringing them up, and then engaging the Iowa trolls.

Iowa is relevant in certain aspects and certain times a year but the pissing match shouldn’t find its way into every damn thread.

Rivals shows he visited all 3 schools in a 9-day stretch in January.
You’re making it seem like this kid has never set foot on Nebraska’s campus. His dad played football at Nebraska and they live an hour away. I’m sure he’s been there numerous times.

I’m not doing a thing. Its not me in anyway, shape or form. I’m just stating what Keagen Johnson and his family themselves have planned on doing. End of story. Now, a few weeks later, everything suddenly changed.

There's about to be a lot of butthurt Husker Twitterers tomorrow, and I ain't gonna be one of 'em. If we had made a bowl game the past season, I'd be willing to bet Johnson sides with Nebraska.

Still bites that we're gonna miss on a legacy kid. It's not super great that we're letting other coaching staffs know Omaha recruits are up for grabs. But that's the way the football world spins when you don't win. Even with decent recruiting this program has some mountains to climb.

There's about to be a lot of butthurt Husker Twitterers tomorrow, and I ain't gonna be one of 'em. If we had made a bowl game the past season, I'd be willing to bet Johnson sides with Nebraska.

Still bites that we're gonna miss on a legacy kid. It's not super great that we're letting other coaching staffs know Omaha recruits are up for grabs. But that's the way the football world spins when you don't win. Even with decent recruiting this program has some mountains to climb.

no doubt, Keagen has another crystal ball towards Iowa. He’s about to be a Hawkeye starting tomorrow. I hope nothing but the best for him and I hope he kills it at Iowa...except when he plays our Huskers. GBR.

Thanks for the response.

why are you still here? Your not even attempting to talk football or even trying to be decent. Your here just trolling...end of story. It think it’s about time to point this to Kaz. Enough is enough already
Oh. Like you on our board posting ridiculous stuff. We’ve actually had some decent talks in the past. Please, by all means, get me banned. I know your mods are really good at doing that. Good luck this year if there’s ball.

Oh. Like you on our board posting ridiculous stuff. We’ve actually had some decent talks in the past. Please, by all means, get me banned. I know your mods are really good at doing that. Good luck this year if there’s ball.

If you says so. Only thing I ever do on the Iowa board once ever 3-4 months is poke my nose in once or twice for a few minutes and I leave. If you did the same, you’d be ok. Instead you’re camping here and keep going and going and going. Completely different

If you says so. Only thing I ever do on the Iowa board once ever 3-4 months is poke my nose in once or twice for a few minutes and I leave. If you did the same, you’d be ok. Instead you’re camping here and keep going and going and going. Completely different
giphy.gif

And you claim to be the decent one? Ok, for an Iowa fan that is on our Huskers almost a every single day for minutes to hours...you think you have a right to judge anyone else for showing on other teams boards? And yes, I go over to Iowa’s board anywhere from once or twice every couple months to 3-4 months. And I’m never there longer then a few minutes.

And you claim to be the decent one? Ok, for an Iowa fan that is on our Huskers almost a every single day for minutes to hours...you think you have a right to judge anyone else for showing on other teams boards? And yes, I go over to Iowa’s board anywhere from once or twice every couple months to 3-4 months. And I’m never there longer then a few minutes.
I’m not passing judgement at you being on other boards. I’m laughing my ass off that you either had your screen name stolen or you don’t know where you are.

We already have and will add better prospects
Nothing to be butthurt about

You made 7 completely wrong posts about Keagan in a thread that hadn't even mentioned the Huskers until you, you clown. Then got all butthurt when people responded in kind. Don't act like you're totally innocent, you're reaping what you sow.

Sorry the rest of y'all have to deal with this tool on a regular basis.

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota, lived much of my my life in Iowa where I became a Hawkeye fan and am now living in the Denver area where I bought a house next to and became friends with Bill McCartney. Looks like I should have 4 strikes against me from Husker fans. However, allow me to forge on. Going back to Bob Devaney and the remarkable job he did and how Tom Osborne amazed me by doing as well if not better at making Nebraska football a national brand.

So, what I'm getting at is this. Minnesota people are Midwest nice, Iowa people are Midwest nice, Nebraska people are Midwest nice. We fans can snarl a bit at one another but when it comes down to reality we're pretty much all the same. Truthfully, I never met anyone from Nebraska I didn't like. Having been to quite a few games in Lincoln the thought always crosses my mind the only difference between Iowa fans and Husker is the color of the clothes they're wearing. Btw, McCartney said he had so much respect for Nebraska football he made them his number one rival because for a good team to become a great team you need a great rival especially to recruit against. I asked him if he considered Oklahoma and he said, not for a minute.

So, good luck this year except one game of course.:Cool:

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota, lived much of my my life in Iowa where I became a Hawkeye fan and am now living in the Denver area where I bought a house next to and became friends with Bill McCartney. Looks like I should have 4 strikes against me from Husker fans. However, allow me to forge on. Going back to Bob Devaney and the remarkable job he did and how Tom Osborne amazed me by doing as well if not better at making Nebraska football a national brand.

So, what I'm getting at is this. Minnesota people are Midwest nice, Iowa people are Midwest nice, Nebraska people are Midwest nice. We fans can snarl a bit at one another but when it comes down to reality we're pretty much all the same. Truthfully, I never met anyone from Nebraska I didn't like. Having been to quite a few games in Lincoln the thought always crosses my mind the only difference between Iowa fans and Husker is the color of the clothes they're wearing. Btw, McCartney said he had so much respect for Nebraska football he made them his number one rival because for a good team to become a great team you need a great rival especially to recruit against. I asked him if he considered Oklahoma and he said, not for a minute.

Thanks for stopping by, but I think this thread shows just how different Iowa fans and Nebraska fans really are. Our experience with Iowa fans, since joining this conference, has shown them to be anything but “Midwest nice”.

Growing up in the '90s, I took a passing interest in Nebraska since they were the only real powerhouse in the region. I remember on Black Friday having a general feeling of hoping Nebraska would beat Oklahoma.

My mom is an Iowa State grad, and I attended a couple games vs. Nebraska during the '90s. I was a kid, but all the Nebraska people seemed nice. So, there is quite a disconnect between actual people you meet and keyboard warriors. Honestly, it'd be nice if people could grow up and be more civil to each other.

Oh, and no matter where Johnson goes, both programs will be fine.

Thanks for stopping by, but I think this thread shows just how different Iowa fans and Nebraska fans really are. Our experience with Iowa fans, since joining this conference, has shown them to be anything but “Midwest nice”.
If you want to judge a fan base on some internet posts, then stop by our forum and see the majority of posts from Nebraska fans there ;)

You made 7 completely wrong posts about Keagan in a thread that hadn't even mentioned the Huskers until you, you clown. Then got all butthurt when people responded in kind. Don't act like you're totally innocent, you're reaping what you sow.

Sorry the rest of y'all have to deal with this tool on a regular basis.

what exactly and am I butt hurt about? I

I’m not passing judgement at you being on other boards. I’m laughing my ass off that you either had your screen name stolen or you don’t know where you are.

Again, what are you talking about?

“Im pretty sure Fred Hoiberg will get things going just like he did at ISU. This post will age well....say crap like this while the Huskers had Tim Miles is one thing but now that they have Fred “The Hawkeye Killer” Hoiberg leading the Huskers. See you guys this season coming up ;)

233 Sunday at 3:16 PM

This was posted on Sunday as you seen and it was my only post I made and I took off. It was in response to this

“Oh Jeebuz. I visited Omaha a few times in the 1980s. They said nice things about Iowa basketball because their team had sucked since basketball was invented.

Many became Creighton fans. Some envied Iowa basketball, wishing they had that to add to their athletic department rooting. You know, basketball tends to be popular among fans.”

Outside that, I haven’t been on the board for a bit. And so what, I find it funny seeing Iowa fans on a Husker board whining about Husker fans being on Iowa boards. We have Iowa fans here every single day and I’m sure most Husker fans would agree.

Last edited:
It’s screwed up, I can’t believe he’s letting Ferentz and Iowa dictate his recruitment. He went from wanting to visit both Iowa and Nebraska and trying to schedule a visit with KSU to suddenly he’s ready to commit just because Iowa MIGHT not have a spot for him if the other WR commits. I’d say screw Iowa and keep on the path he was on.
Kirk Ferentz is the last coach who would dictate or high pressure sell a kid. He basically tells recruits how it is, he doesn't promise them a thing but a chance. Like all schools, they have only so many schollies to give, and only so many at each position. They look to be taking two or three WR's this year, and with Brecht committed, Skyler Bell a Hawkeye lean that means Johnson is on the clock. Last year, Iowa was taking two RB's, one kid committed which left one schollie available. 3* Tyler Goodson from Georgia and 4* Jirehl Brock from Quincey Ill. Goodson committed and Brock's offer was pulled, and he went to Iowa State. It is what it is, and basically all schools go through it. High pressure recruiting is a PJ Fleck thing,but Kirk is as laid back as they come, one reason kids that play for him love him. BTW, Iowa has it's best set of WR's since Ferentz has been at Iowa, so I am sure Johnson would be a redshirt next season, unless he is truly gifted.

But anyways, sorry to my fellow Husker fans on this board. I definitely didn’t mean to hi jack the thread with my opinions and my loyal fans from the Iowa board. I seen two things Iowa fans are obsessed with now...our Huskers and all things Huskers and ME...Huskersalts...;)

congrats to Iowa on getting Keagan Johnson tomorrow, we all know it’s coming and he will do great there. He comes from great blood lines...either way. I’m owning up, Iowa got him and they got a good one.

But anyways, sorry to my fellow Husker fans on this board. I definitely didn’t mean to hi jack the thread with my opinions and my loyal fans from the Iowa board. I seen two things Iowa fans are obsessed with now...our Huskers and all things Huskers and ME...Huskersalts...;)

congrats to Iowa on getting Keagan Johnson tomorrow, we all know it’s coming and he will do great there. He comes from great blood lines...either way. I’m owning up, Iowa got him and they got a good one.

You're not wrong.

It's embarrassing how many Iowa fans are obsessed with Nebraska. And I mean obsessed.

Btw, you're welcome to have IowaHawkeyeFBNBB4Life. He posts more about Nebraska than he does Iowa.
We really think he's a Husker fan deep down. Hopefully soon he'll come out of the closet and make this board his home.

You're not wrong.

It's embarrassing how many Iowa fans are obsessed with Nebraska. And I mean obsessed.

Btw, you're welcome to have IowaHawkeyeFBNBB4Life. He posts more about Nebraska than he does Iowa.
We really think he's a Husker fan deep down. Hopefully soon he'll come out of the closet and make this board his home.

I can’t wait to see the good battles between our two teams over the next several years. I think the past 2 seasons and the game being tied till the final seconds is a good indication on what our Husker and Hawkeye fans a like can expect in the future. Definitely turning into a legit rivalry.

he doesn’t need to do that, he can set right here on the Husker board and see you guys.

Ha! You embarrass yourself here, on HawkeyeReport, and on Twitter (by all means, keep tweeting at recruits, it’s not creepy at all...) on the regular. I’m sure my list of places you look like a clown is incomplete, but my point stands. Take a look in the mirror.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT