ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Yer on an island on this one my friend...because by all accounts, Gill had his chance and just didn't quite get it done. I love the guy and wished it would have worked for him there.
Gill a good coach but kansas was just not the right fit for Turner.
Wish he would of never taken that job and obviously the money was there

Most KU fans were absolutely giddy over hiring Weiss. He was bringing the "Patriot way" to the little apple. After a year and a half of his act and more losing, not so much. KU would have been better off staying with Gill and saving their money. You point out that Wiess ran off multiple upperclassmen O linemen. That hardly seems smart given the time to develop linemen. The O line weren't the guys with behavioral problems and they're maybe the hardest to replace.

Lawrence, not Manhattan!

;)

Reactions: dinglefritz
Most KU fans were absolutely giddy over hiring Weiss. He was bringing the "Patriot way" to the little apple. After a year and a half of his act and more losing, not so much. KU would have been better off staying with Gill and saving their money. You point out that Wiess ran off multiple upperclassmen O linemen. That hardly seems smart given the time to develop linemen. The O line weren't the guys with behavioral problems and they're maybe the hardest to replace.
Wow. Shit going down

As it should. Jeff Long has screwed up nearly everything he has touched since he arrived at KU. He's not the right guy for that job. #1 job...don't piss off Bill Self. #2 don't do stuff that will upset the BMD's (like make everything about yourself) #3 - don't agree to call Adidas a "booster" in an effort to try and get Silvio DeSousa eligible #4 - don't fire a coach (David Beaty) and then try an weasel out of paying his buyout and proceed to spend more money in court (and lose anyway) than what the buyout would have cost. Dude is a walking clownsuit.

Gill would have been eaten alive here. I keep hearing Buffalo, Liberty. KU was the only P5 team he's coached. He wouldn't have survived that at NU, legacy or not.
That is part of what I was alluding to when I said that in some way Tom was protecting Turner. There's a little more to the story than that but I'm not going there. He would have had to win right away.

ADVERTISEMENT