ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas onside kick

cornhead1

Senior
Sep 13, 2007
Not sure what the officials saw on this one. KU was making a run late in the game until that missed call.

Stayed up late and watched the game. I agree with you, KU got jobbed on that call. It was a Sun Belt crew. I think the offside call was on the guy standing closest to the kicker. He didn't cross the line until well after the ball was kicked. Not sure why that play wasn't reviewed.

Is the rule your feet behind the line or your entire body? His head was definitely offsides.

I did not see the play, but if you break the plane of the neutral zone (which is the kick off line) and you are not the holder or the kicker (only exceptions), then you are offsides...so head, hands, feet, or any part of the body.

I would also say officials are going to call offsides tight on onside kicks...you better be perfect because if you don't call offsides if a player breaks the plane before a kick on a team that recovers an onside kick, it is an injustice to the team that didn't recover it.

I would also say officials are going to call offsides tight on onside kicks...you better be perfect because if you don't call offsides if a player breaks the plane before a kick on a team that recovers an onside kick, it is an injustice to the team that didn't recover it.

That's what I thought. The call was correct.

Reactions: Blindcheck
I thought the call was wrong, but they were still down by two touchdowns with only 7 minutes remaining. Even if they had gotten the call, they probably weren’t winning that game. Good lord, you cannot allow yourself to get into that position in the first place. Against a Sun Belt team. At home. Good lord.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT