ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas looking below average

They have done multiple improvements to their football facilities. The state put in like $60 million of “economic development” money.

I think they are getting a completely new stadium, which is why they are playing in KC this year.

UNLV kind of pulled that game out of their arse.
As far as KU goes, football is hard when your QB is inconsistent. We all know about that.

I think they are getting a completely new stadium, which is why they are playing in KC this year.

UNLV kind of pulled that game out of their arse.
As far as KU goes, football is hard when your QB is inconsistent. We all know about that.
My deciding factor in taking UNLV and the points is after watching the UNLV QB against Houston, they were a +3.5 underdog on the road and won outright 27-7, so they beat the spread by +23.5 points. The Houston game, the UNLV QB doesn't throw the ball well (just as the KU QB doesn't throw it well), but the UNLV kid did not have a history of making mistakes and the KU QB tends to make lots of poor throws.

A month ago, I sent data to kong that UNLV, AGAINST THE SPREAD as the underdog on the road over the last 2+ years is now 9-1. They tend to play ugly, but outperform the odds.
Tonight they covered the spread by 12 points.

You would think if there's one team Vegas would have right, it's UNLV. But, thus far, they don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBigredMax
Watching KUs QB gave me Nebraska QB PTSD nightmares
Just like KU tonight, another team who has a QB who makes lots of mistakes is the 2 year starter at Auburn who has been benched for tomorrow's game v. New Mexico.

They will start a RS freshman, and IF he doesn't make a lot of unforced errors, Auburn should look like a different team.

Of course, not playing the game because the kid is an unknown quantity.

You are exactly right cruehalo, us Husker fans got a full dose of what it's like to try to win with a QB that constantly makes mistakes.

Watched a little film on Illinois.
Wasn't impressed with their interior d-line and run D.

They got some dudes at WR and DB

Not sure about their O-line. Looked better than anything we've played so far but who knows.

I hate to turn Dylan into a game manager but doing so will get us to 6-1, 7-0 IMO.

Reactions: V-Doub
Watched a little film on Illinois.
Wasn't impressed with their interior d-line and run D.

They got some dudes at WR and DB

Not sure about their O-line. Looked better than anything we've played so far but who knows.

I hate to turn Dylan into a game manager but doing so will get us to 6-1, 7-0 IMO.

You let him manage games, which he seems impressively capable of, until we need him to do more. Keep beating teams with the run game, short intermediate passes and play action. We’ll need him to win some games with his arm at some point, no need to force it against teams that can’t stop our run game.

My deciding factor in taking UNLV and the points is after watching the UNLV QB against Houston, they were a +3.5 underdog on the road and won outright 27-7, so they beat the spread by +23.5 points. The Houston game, the UNLV QB doesn't throw the ball well (just as the KU QB doesn't throw it well), but the UNLV kid did not have a history of making mistakes and the KU QB tends to make lots of poor throws.

A month ago, I sent data to kong that UNLV, AGAINST THE SPREAD as the underdog on the road over the last 2+ years is now 9-1. They tend to play ugly, but outperform the odds.
Tonight they covered the spread by 12 points.

You would think if there's one team Vegas would have right, it's UNLV. But, thus far, they don't.
I don't know what the spread was, but UNLV scored a TD with no time on the clock at the end of the first half, then put together an absurd 18 play 9 1/2 minute drive that had no completed passes, a fumble that went though 3 KU players hands for a 9 yard gain and two fourth down conversions inside the KU 3 yard line late in the 4th quarter.

I don't know what the spread was, but UNLV scored a TD with no time on the clock at the end of the first half, then put together an absurd 18 play 9 1/2 minute drive that had no completed passes, a fumble that went though 3 KU players hands for a 9 yard gain and two fourth down conversions inside the KU 3 yard line late in the 4th quarter.
Your description is the anatomy of an upset in football. It wasn't a 3 point game decided by one play, there were multiple plays that went both ways that determined the outcome.

UNLV also dropped 3 easy, long passes in the first half that should have put them up by 20-17 or 27-17 at the half. Those were not hard catches. Neither QB throws for shit for this level.

How many points did KU score in the 2nd half? 3.

FYI, UNLV was a 9 point UNDERDOG and won outright. If the KU QB doesn't throw 3 INT's. then KU wins.

If, if, if... If the dog wouldn't have stopped to shit, he would have caught the big rabbit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT