ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas football futility

Hford

Sophomore
Aug 11, 2020
Since firing Mark Mangino the Jayhawks have gone 18-92 (16.4%). In conference they've gone 5-76 (6.2%). It's one of the worst stretches of all time. Something to behold.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
You thought Frost had a rebuilding project? Beaty had to have been the worst football coach in KU history. Probably would still be there if BGL hadn’t retired. Something was strange about that whole deal.

5 conference wins in the 2010s. Amazing. KSU and NW have had some incredible runs but KU is doing something special.

• Haha
Reactions: GMHusker
Yes that win propelled him to a 2-22 start in his first two years. He somehow parlayed that into a contract extension that doubled his salary.

Charlie Strongs fate was sealed that day after his team’s 6 turnover performance. Nebraska never had such good fortune against them.

Reactions: timnsun
They were better than we were last year

Lol... Nebraska would've beaten them like they beat Maryland.

And KU made two straight awful hires after Mangino:

1. You can't hire a dude like Turner Gill at a Public University. Guys hated playing for them and his Godly rules. Players weren't allowed to see their girlfriends, go to parties, be on their cell phones in the facilities, and had 10 pm curfew. Kids hated playing for him.

2. Charlie Weis then came in and immediately forced the transfer of half the roster. He then tried to replace that talent with a roster full of transfers, and Juco guys. This led to a major scholarship gap.

When David Beatty arrived on the scene, KU only had 68 scholarship players. That's only 5 more than an FCS program.

Les Miles inherited a very experienced Beatty team last year. Now it's one of the youngest in college football. If they give him 3 years, I bet they will be a .500 caliber team again as the Big Twelve sucks.

Lol... Nebraska would've beaten them like they beat Maryland.

And KU made two straight awful hires after Mangino:

1. You can't hire a dude like Turner Gill at a Public University. Guys hated playing for them and his Godly rules. Players weren't allowed to see their girlfriends, go to parties, be on their cell phones in the facilities, and had 10 pm curfew. Kids hated playing for him.

2. Charlie Weis then came in and immediately forced the transfer of half the roster. He then tried to replace that talent with a roster full of transfers, and Juco guys. This led to a major scholarship gap.

When David Beatty arrived on the scene, KU only had 68 scholarship players. That's only 5 more than an FCS program.

Les Miles inherited a very experienced Beatty team last year. Now it's one of the youngest in college football. If they give him 3 years, I bet they will be a .500 caliber team again as the Big Twelve sucks.

I’d have to guess Miles will get plenty of time. I can’t see to many other HCs wanting that gig.

I’d have to guess Miles will get plenty of time. I can’t see to many other HCs wanting that gig.

I don't know, you are basically offering someone a lotto ticket.

Here, do you want a 6 year contract for 3 million a year, it is all guaranteed too.

There are a lot of coaches that are making 400,000 a year that would be happy to take that raise.

Why did they fire Mangino? Was he harboring a child rapist or allowing racist coaches?

Yet Beaty managed to do something no Husker football coach has ever achieved, a home win over Texas (2016).

....and. That same Texas team was 5-7 and not good. Luckily for him and Kansas they caught Texas while they were down. Let’s see him do that to Texas in the 2000s to 2010 range when the Huskers were in the Big 12 and Texas was very good. Yeah, not happening.

Last edited:
Too be fair Kansas was pretty futile pre Mangino. What he did was impressive. And being a offensive minded coach they bougt in a few studs on defense.

Why did they fire Mangino? Was he harboring a child rapist or allowing racist coaches?
From what I have heard he made Bo look like Mother Theresa. Just an a$$hole to deal with and he was a dick to players too. Community despised the guy. But he won, Him and Leach were as responsible for the 1999resurrection of OU football as Stoops.

Since firing Mark Mangino the Jayhawks have gone 18-92 (16.4%). In conference they've gone 5-76 (6.2%). It's one of the worst stretches of all time. Something to behold.

Basketball is always solid though. They got that going for them.

Mangino was 1-4 v. Bill Snyder. He had a losing record in the B12. He had a losing record in his final year. He was a bully. And that didn't play well at "Harvard on the Kaw."

They didn't give Gill enough time (2 years). He won after Ku (47-35). Weis was a joker. Beaty was over his head. And now they have a Joe Biden clone.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT