ADVERTISEMENT

Kalen DeBoer

Why do people think someone as unqualified IHCMJ for the Head Coaching Position at Nebraska. Why Would that be a win.
Why would somebody think somebody as unqualified as Zac Taylor lead his team to a SuperBowl win in his second year.?Or the Dolphins new head coach or the Lions? Why was Pelini qualified?

Reactions: anon_ra9uhqho6u5t2
If you are worried about the money...you are not hoping that Huskers win a lot.
We paid Bill Callahan a pretty good chunk for the time period. How did that work out? Mel Tucker got 9 million for 9 years. I would rather gamble on a coordinator or Mickey than throw 8-9
Million and 5-8 years guaranteed at a name.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We paid Bill Callahan a pretty good chunk for the time period. How did that work out? Mel Tucker got 9 million for 9 years. I would rather gamble on a coordinator or Mickey than throw 8-9
Million and 5-8 years guaranteed at a name.
Who cares?

Are you worried other fans will laugh?

Reactions: oldjar07
Gretna won a crazy comeback win verses Bell West just now. Looks like Okie State wins this one verse wherever Kalen ends up. Great comeback win though. Down 37-14 and they win 40-37 with a kick with 11 seconds left after blocking the punt after a three and out. Wish the Huskers knew how to do stuff like that.

DeBoer isn't coming here. Especially when it looks like Washington will join the Big Ten.

Gretna won a crazy comeback win verses Bell West just now. Looks like Okie State wins this one verse wherever Kalen ends up. Great comeback win though. Down 37-14 and they win 40-37 with a kick with 11 seconds left after blocking the punt after a three and out. Wish the Huskers knew how to do stuff like that.
anyone know what's the latest in Massachusetts hs football?

I hear it's all the rage & we should trust our coaching staff when it comes to identifying quarterback talent

I assume the kid we have coming is setting that state ablaze with his play? anyone within 300 miles care to comment?

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
anyone know what's the latest in Massachusetts hs football?

I hear it's all the rage & we should trust our coaching staff when it comes to identifying quarterback talent

I assume the kid we have coming is setting that state ablaze with his play? anyone within 300 miles care to comment?
The odds of him actually coming here are not very good.

Ouch!…not a good night for their D. A few guys out, must not have any depth. UCLA hasn’t punted

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I do like Leipold, I just like DeBoer more. 11 years younger (maybe more of a long-term hire), grew up closer in SD, played and coached in Sioux Falls. Gut just tells me he’s a natural fit.

Leipold’s roots are more WI—doesn’t mean much, I know he has a history at UNO & NU. Eastern Midwest is different from Western Midwest. Again, thinking more long term, which one would be more comfortable putting down roots in Lincoln

No guarantee that anyone will be a sure-fire success, but you can consider other variables in making the right choice
"Eastern Midwest is different from Western Midwest." I was back in Nebraska a few years ago talking to old high school buddies. I was telling them how I thought it was funny that people from states like Ohio and Indiana think they are from the Midwest. A friend who definitely believes in less is more said “Have they ever looked at a map?”

Ouch!…not a good night for their D. A few guys out, must not have any depth. UCLA hasn’t punted
I watched a couple of 2nd quarter drives. All WA did was pass. The score was close at this pont too, so they weren't playing from behind. WA actually lead at that point, 10-9. Checked the box score. They passed it 49 times and only ran it 23 for 65 on the game. Puke.

UCLA had 184 on the ground. I am glad DeBoer is not our guy.

I watched a couple of 2nd quarter drives. All WA did was pass. The score was close at this pont too, so they weren't playing from behind. WA actually lead at that point, 10-9. Checked the box score. They passed it 49 times and only ran it 23 for 65 on the game. Puke.

Huskies D played like Huskers D

Why would somebody think somebody as unqualified as Zac Taylor lead his team to a SuperBowl win in his second year.?Or the Dolphins new head coach or the Lions? Why was Pelini qualified?
Let's just take another sentimental stab. We have learned nothing.

Yeah let's overreact to one game. Look at his body of work and everything suggests he's a phenomenal coach.

Fd83rxBXwAAQ0q2.jpg

The only fact that can create longer term financial concerns is losing.
Both can be true but if you pay millions for your coach AND lose you’re really screwed. Get to mediocrity with a less expensive coach and this fan base has proven it will still support it. Get lucky with a young coach and you hit the jackpot

Reactions: huntered and WHCSC
So this dude is out, though we already knew his body of work was too small to know if he’s good. He’s out. Though to give him a tiny bit of slack this is his first year.
Frankly I don’t know who I want most at this point.

His expertise is Offense, we’ll see if he makes the necessary changes coaches need to make when there are weaknesses. Don’t forget he’s in his first year

Agree that Penix might have been propping him up a little, but I still think he’ll be a great coach for UW. The mastermind Chip at UCLA is just now hitting his stride in year 5, but we’re ready to write Kalen off in year 1… Ok

BTW- what if LL struggles down the stretch? Does he get written off as well?

At this point, I really like Mickey’s leadership—I’m rooting for him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT