ADVERTISEMENT

Kaden johnson

Actually looks to be dead even battle between Minnesota and Wisconsin, with the Huskers trying to sneak in and grab him. Plus side is, since the camp and the barbecue happened, it appears the Huskers have definitely gotten his attention. And his parents and him all seem to love B Ruud. Let’s see how his official goes and where he sets after that. Then I also heard it’s far from over with Malik Reed. From what I’m hearing the Huskers are still in on him and could end up flipping him down the road. If we can pull of a 8-4 or even 9-3 season and finish in the top 25...that will help us gain a lot of traction on some players that where close calls.

I don't know that anyone can say Johnson is anything but wide open. He has two Crystal Balls, 1 for Wisconsin and 1 for Minnesota. Not surprisingly, the Wisconsin writer has one for Wisconsin and the Minnesota writer has one for Minnesota.

He is going to take his visits, he has 4 left, after taking one to Wisconsin. I will say he visits Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan St, and Oregon St, and if not Oregon St, California.

Reactions: samuel
Looks like @Sean Callahan put his Forecast in for Kaden to be N this morning. Care share any additional insight that made you decide to pull the trigger now Sean? After @Nate Clouse made his comments in today’s chat, I’m feeling pretty good right now.

Or, which is probably more likely, writers like to tell their readers what they want to hear. Or, also probably just as likely, most writers are fans of the teams they cover, and so they like tell themselves what they want to hear.
Could be a little of that but these guys talk to a lot of kids every year
I think the most likely deal is that the kid likes to please everyone

One things for sure, him and his family having an Official with Frost, Ruud, Chin and the staff, anything can happen. Remember we stole Caleb Tannor away from the Georgia Bulldogs, gotten Ty Robinson away from USC and those guys and even Pola-Gates from USC and Bama (when Pola-Gates had said Bama was the leaders before his visit). Anything can happen when we get those guys here for Officials. Two: I thought it looked good that Malik Reed committed to Wisconsin (giving them 4 LBs committed right now) and then shortly after that Johnson sets up and official with the Huskers? Definitely appears to be a good sign for us. But then again, maybe I’m being hopeful. If Frost and Ruud can take Tannor from Georgia...they definitely can take Johnson from Minnesota and Wisconsin. GBR

don't know who the interview was today over lunch break on 1620, but the guy sounded like he felt this one could go either Wisky or NU, with a current lead possibly to NU? fwiw - think the actual chatter was the possibility that NU takes the #1 player out of MN for the 3rd straight cycle, or post interview local guys saying it....missed most of it, short 2 blocks drive back to the office.

don't know who the interview was today over lunch break on 1620, but the guy sounded like he felt this one could go either Wisky or NU, with a current lead possibly to NU? fwiw - think the actual chatter was the possibility that NU takes the #1 player out of MN for the 3rd straight cycle, or post interview local guys saying it....missed most of it, short 2 blocks drive back to the office.
I think it would actually be 4 years in a row...

JD, Alston, Benhart the last 3 years... would love to make it 4 in a row!

One things for sure, him and his family having an Official with Frost, Ruud, Chin and the staff, anything can happen. Remember we stole Caleb Tannor away from the Georgia Bulldogs, gotten Ty Robinson away from USC and those guys and even Pola-Gates from USC and Bama (when Pola-Gates had said Bama was the leaders before his visit). Anything can happen when we get those guys here for Officials. Two: I thought it looked good that Malik Reed committed to Wisconsin (giving them 4 LBs committed right now) and then shortly after that Johnson sets up and official with the Huskers? Definitely appears to be a good sign for us. But then again, maybe I’m being hopeful. If Frost and Ruud can take Tannor from Georgia...they definitely can take Johnson from Minnesota and Wisconsin. GBR
Hell yeah.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Oh and I got to say this, I do NOT BUY, even for a second, that’s Kaden Johnson and Malik Reed wanted to commit to Wisconsin and the HC tells them no. Go on other visits and then get back to me. Sorry but I call BS there. Reed is one thing, but you don’t tell a top 110 player like Kaden Johnson...NOPE, you can’t commit to us. Maybe a team full of 5 star LBs (which Wisconsin doesn’t have). More then likely Vadger HC wanted them both to commit and got told by the players they wanted to take their Officials first and then make their choice. That seems more likely then the HC telling Johnson no thanks...go see other teams first.

Reactions: lionsfan93
Oh and I got to say this, I do NOT BUY, even for a second, that’s Kaden Johnson and Malik Reed wanted to commit to Wisconsin and the HC tells them no. Go on other visits and then get back to me. Sorry but I call BS there. Reed is one thing, but you don’t tell a top 110 player like Kaden Johnson...NOPE, you can’t commit to us. Maybe a team full of 5 star LBs (which Wisconsin doesn’t have). More then likely Vadger HC wanted them both to commit and got told by the players they wanted to take their Officials first and then make their choice. That seems more likely then the HC telling Johnson no thanks...go see other teams first.

I got to admit, I have had a couple of beers, but you are totally confusing me. Reed took 4 official visits before committing to Wisconsin. Not sure what you are talking about here

Kaden Johnson is not committed to anyone. He took 1 official to Wisconsin and from everything I have read, has not indicated, even a smidge, that he was ready or wanting to commit to any team.

Please enlighten me.

I got to admit, I have had a couple of beers, but you are totally confusing me. Reed took 4 official visits before committing to Wisconsin. Not sure what you are talking about here

Kaden Johnson is not committed to anyone. He took 1 official to Wisconsin and from everything I have read, has not indicated, even a smidge, that he was ready or wanting to commit to any team.

Please enlighten me.

Well there is a chance you didn’t see the Wisconsin Vadger fan that was on our board claiming Reed and Johnson both wanted to commit to Wisconsin on their Officials to Wisconsin. But was told by the HC to go take other visits and then they will talk. Maybe I should have hunted that post down, quoted it and then made my post. ;)

But it’s all gravy baby, have a few more and enjoy. Football season is right around the corner...GBR

Reactions: lionsfan93
I think it would actually be 4 years in a row...

JD, Alston, Benhart the last 3 years... would love to make it 4 in a row!
I agree. I would like to get the best player out of Minnesota every year. Same can be said of Kansas, Missouri and Colorado. We did get in Kansas this year, but we may be striking out in Colorado and Missouri.

J.d. was 2016 and wasn't top prospect in Minny. Neither was Benhart.

On Bryce Benhart, it depends which site your going off of. Rivals has him as the number 2 player and 24/7 has him as the number 1 player. So 50/50 split.

Edited: Quinn Carroll and Bryce Benhart jumped back and forth between the two sites. Quinn Carroll is Notre Dame OT.

Last edited:
Who were the best prospects then?

Didn't mean that as in I didn't think they were, just that they weren't rated top. Carter Coughlin was over J.D. and Quin Carrol was over Benhart.

All good prospects/ players, would have been ecstatic if we pulled them all.

Didn't mean that as in I didn't think they were, just that they weren't rated top. Carter Coughlin was over J.D. and Quin Carrol was over Benhart.

All good prospects/ players, would have been ecstatic if we pulled them all.

Again Benhart was over Carroll on 24/7 and number 1 and Carroll was over Benhart on Rivals. So your both right. ;) And I definitely agree all those prospects are good talents and players a team would want.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT