ADVERTISEMENT

Kaden Helms

I think
Yeah, and I don't even know why he bothered releasing a Top 10 when it sounds like he's 99% set on Oklahoma. Saying you want to experience a different part of the country, then putting Iowa and ISU in there doesn't make much sense.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to play for Matt Campbell, but Ames is one college town that's even more boring than Lincoln and Omaha.
a lot of these kids have a good idea of where they are most likely headed, but list top 10 and top 5 I think more of a game. However, I think they have a good idea of where they are going, but still leave the door open. Iowa has put a lot of kids in the NFL, and ISU has a young up and coming coach in Campbell so I think that is why they are listed. I agree with you about ISU's campus, it is exceedingly boring as I attended that school for a year way back in the 80's.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
We just signed like 3 in-state TEs this year, didn't we? Kid probably knows where he stands compared to those other guys.

Reactions: husker in pa
I get wanting to get out of the state and experience something different but Ames or Iowa City aren't that.

maybe he was just referring to wanting to leave the state and experience something different during bowl season and didn’t like the odds of that happening

A member of the 95 team told me that Clester had some kind of issue with Frost and wasn't a fan of him, dating back to the year Frost redshirted. For whatever reason, I don't know or care. The former player would not elaborate. He did say it had nothing to do with the LP incident, so I have no clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
A member of the 95 team told me that Clester had some kind of issue with Frost and wasn't a fan of him, dating back to the year Frost redshirted. For whatever reason, I don't know or care. The former player would not elaborate. He did say it had nothing to do with the LP incident, so I have no clue.

Hard to even imagine being so petty.

Yeah, but there are currently better football programs in Ames and Iowa City than in Lincoln, Nebraska. So while those towns won't offer wildly different college experiences than what he might find in Nebraska, I'm guessing there is a lot more excitement around those football programs. Worse still, those schools might be 9-10 on his list, which really drives home the point that Nebraska is an afterthought.

This is a very big year for Frost.
Iowa State has their TE coming back for their covid year. An opportunity to get a lot of playing time will be available to him when he gets on campus.

Reactions: ShaggynScooby
I get wanting to get out of the state and experience something different but Ames or Iowa City aren't that.
Exactly.... I am throwing the BS flag on that comment. Man up and just say that you don't want to play in Lincoln. Don't say that you want to get out of Nebraska and then put Iowa and Iowa State on your top ten list.

Why does, the announced "why" matter? Hopefully the coaching staff is getting the real reason, so they can fix what is apparently unattractive. We all know it isn't because the scenery or anything is any different in Norman, Ames, or Iowa City. There is clearly something he and others don't like about the atmosphere in Lincoln. I would assume it is the winning, but it could also include the outside influences of Mr. Johnson.

Lets face it. Omaha kids have often looked at Lincoln as the baby brother who annoys them. They want to get away. Even Dr. Tom lost some high profile Omaha kids to Iowa and other schools. In fairness, we seem to get a lot of the best kids from Iowa and Minnesota. Its the "grass is always greener" effect. Look at the transfer portals in football and basketball now. No one is happy so they've got to move on.

If a kid doesn't want to play for NU, then he shouldn't. I don't care if he grew up a couple of blocks from the stadium. Go somewhere else. It's a free country.
As for Clester, he can go piss up a rope if he is actively steering kids away from the program.
Sounds like he is a hater

Exactly.... I am throwing the BS flag on that comment. Man up and just say that you don't want to play in Lincoln. Don't say that you want to get out of Nebraska and then put Iowa and Iowa State on your top ten list.
Technically, Iowa is out of Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: ShaggynScooby
Former Husker Clester Johnson doesn’t help Nebraska’s situation with these kids. Not that I don’t understand his position.
I’ve met him a few times. He’s not the most liked guy in the world. Basically he is an asshole who thinks his kids should be able to do whatever they want. He obviously still holds a grudge against NU for not offering his oldest son! Huffman at Bellwest is a great coach, but he turns his top 3 players into all world players by padding their stats and giving them 30 touches a game. The other 19 players suffer, and in college his studs turn into duds for the most part.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’ve met him a few times. He’s not the most liked guy in the world. Basically he is an asshole who thinks his kids should be able to do whatever they want. He obviously still holds a grudge against NU for not offering his oldest son! Huffman at Bellwest is a great coach, but he turns his top 3 players into all world players by padding their stats and giving them 30 touches a game. The other 19 players suffer, and in college his studs turn into duds for the most part.
I can tell no poster on this site have no clue who Clester is and just make shit up if you are looking for someone to blame the program decline on its SCOTTY and the staff in Lincoln what a bunch of crap 💩

I can tell no poster on this site have no clue who Clester is and just make shit up if you are looking for someone to blame the program decline on its SCOTTY and the staff in Lincoln what a bunch of crap 💩
Sooooo since you know him.....Does Clester have a beef with him or dislike him?

No one is blaming “Clester” for the decline in the program, we are talking about a couple of players. But it is very clear he has an issue with “SCOTTY” and the Nebraska program.

Sooooo since you know him.....Does Clester have a beef with him or dislike him?
no he does not there is no reason for him to - Scott wasn’t around for his older kids he had nothing to do with that anyone having an issue about that is just dumb and Clester didn’t really know Scott when they were both at NU Scott was a New player joining the team and Clester was a 5th year senior no real contact - Clester could give 2 shits about the LP Scott situation everyone did dumb shit in college no one is above mistakes if a man is Holding a grudge due to college shit that’s just pure immaturity which he is not but you guys need someone to blame so keep creating it’s laughable - Clester coached Zavier Betts as a youth and numerous other kids like Jaylin Bradley - friends with Toby Wright Barron Miles etc there is no issue with not wanting kids there WE GOTTA WIN BABY

Reactions: PCastro
Maybe Frosty has some issues in forming trusting relationships? Are they good with players, old friends, community? I don’t know, but as a father of a recruited kid(not football) trust and relationships and character were key. I don’t know Chester, or what he’s doing, not doing, just offering a perspective on what parents look for and evaluate. There seems to be reason, past or present, that bring relationships into the equation.

Last edited:
Maybe Frosty has some issues in forming trusting relationships? Are they good with players, old friends, community, his family? As a father of a recruited kid(not football) trust and relationships and personal character were key. I don’t know Chester, or what he’s doing, not doing, just offering a perspective on what parents look for and evaluate. There seem to be reason, past or present, that bring relationships into the equation.

Frost hasn’t seemed to struggle forming relationships on the recruiting trail outside of this group of kids. Someone’s character is definitely on display here and it’s not his.

clester johnson rapidly joining fat slob barry alvarez in the dead to Husker Nation club
well he still hangs out with all his Husker Brothers and former coaches- so I’m not sure what Husker Nation you’re talking about-you guys who talk on here are irrelevant- never bled -sweated or had contribution to the program except maybe money and most haven’t done that - scored a TD or blocked -STFU and buy your tickets and enjoy the games and let the people who actually did something do what’s best for them

well he still hangs out with all his Husker Brothers and former coaches- so I’m not sure what Husker Nation you’re talking about-you guys who talk on here are irrelevant- never bled -sweated or had contribution to the program except maybe money and most haven’t done that - scored a TD or blocked -STFU and buy your tickets and enjoy the games and let the people who actually did something do what’s best for them

So working to tear down the program you played for falls under “what’s best for them”? Gotcha.

News flash there are thousands of former Huskers and clearly not every single one of them are mature adults, that want what’s best for the Nebraska football program.

Occasionally, yes. But in those cases NU finished as the 2nd choice. Not even being worth consideration is an entirely new thing.
So let's compare losing to some to having nearly the top 5 in the state not even list the Huskers as an option.

You also have to consider that Tom found kids who contributed while other schools were ignoring them. It goes both ways.

It also different losing a kid to Notre Dame or Stanford than Florida State or Iowa.

So working to tear down the program you played for falls under “what’s best for them”? Gotcha.

News flash there are thousands of former Huskers and clearly not every single one of them are mature adults, that want what’s best for the Nebraska football program.
well when you can show some evidence of “tearing down a program” let me know so I can ask him no one on here have ever spoke directly to Clester so it’s all speculation you don’t know how that man thinks or why anyone make their choices the blame has nothing to do with a former player 😂😂😂 when you win it takes care of itself no kids wants to go to a dumpster fire - when they start winning kids will wanna go until then you raise a kid and send him there do your part and what you think is best Savior of the Program Man!! 😂😂😂

So where do you fit? Who are you? Are you one of the irrelevant, who never bled - sweated or had contribution to the program except maybe money but haven't done that - scored a TD or blocked? Or does your status as Clester Johnson's defense team give you immunity from being irrelevant, like the rest of us low lifes are?

well when you can show some evidence of “tearing down a program” let me know so I can ask him no one on here have ever spoke directly to Clester so it’s all speculation you don’t know how that man thinks or why anyone make their choices the blame has nothing to do with a former player 😂😂😂 when you win it takes care of itself no kids wants to go to a dumpster fire - when they start winning kids will wanna go until then you raise a kid and send him there do your part and what you think is best Savior of the Program Man!! 😂😂😂
Can you mix in a some punctuation other than quotes and dashes? I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins.

I do admire your attempt at the worlds longest run on sentence though.

Can you mix in a some punctuation other than quotes and dashes? I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins.

I do admire your attempt at the worlds longest run on sentence though.
Insults and wanting to be right I see is the way to go on here when you wrong let’s talk about the punctuation 😂😂 I’m back in jr high

Insults and wanting to be right I see is the way to go on here when you wrong let’s talk about the punctuation 😂😂 I’m back in jr high
Nope, I wasn't trying to insult you, I just wanted to understand your ramblings. But if you are wanting an insult, most junior high kids can write a somewhat coherent sentence complete with punctuation and capital letters.

I am impressed, one long sentence. ;)

Nope, I wasn't trying to insult you, I just wanted to understand your ramblings. But if you are wanting an insult, most junior high kids can write a somewhat coherent sentence complete with punctuation and capital letters.
you understood that’s what matters! 😉 Frosty and staff takes the blame on this bottom feeder! 😂

Evidence. Clearly you aren’t as in that loop as you think. Chester has a lot of pull with a group of kids making college choices right now and is actively working them not to consider
Nebraska. That has nothing to do with his kids or what is best for him. It is petty, childish BS. There really is no two ways about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT