ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Warner Transferring too

KAre has been one of the most consistent players. Sad to see him go. Wish him the best.

Kade did disappear (as far as pass catching goes) as the season went on. I am not sure how many plays he had where he wasn't the target. I hate to see him judged by the 2 drops early in the year. Both passes were a bit awkward looking and what should of been easy catches were made much more difficult. I placed more blame on the QBs for the poor passes than Kade not being able to adjust quickly enough.

Reactions: jsachisler
Warner is a mediocre player who wouldn't have sniffed a D-I roster if his Dad wasn't a Hall of Fame QB. He got beat out by walk-ons this year. The fact that he was named a captain just shows how bad the leadership is in this program.
hes-right-you-know.jpg

Kade did disappear (as far as pass catching goes) as the season went on. I am not sure how many plays he had where he wasn't the target. I hate to see him judged by the 2 drops early in the year. Both passes were a bit awkward looking and what should of been easy catches were made much more difficult. I placed more blame on the QBs for the poor passes than Kade not being able to adjust quickly enough.
He caught 5 balls for 40 yards during the season. He didn't disappear. He never showed.

Yeah it’s like 2 polar opposite units.

Warner got his chances but blew 2 touchdown opportunities early this year. He got his shot but couldn’t make the best of it. Best of luck to him.
One of those was a gift he dropped. The other was a bullet thrown somewhat behind him. I wasn't as down on him for dropping that one as I was for AM not putting some touch on it. AM wasn't being pressured and KW was open so there wasn't a tight window.

Reactions: CatColumbia
What in the world is going on in Lincoln? It's almost like there are 2 different cultures right now. Defense seems solid, Offense seems to be in shambles.
Kade, get your butt to northern Iowa where it belongs. Get your degree, find an arena league team to get your feet wet and the rest is history. Hone your grocery bagging technique during downtime.

What in the world is going on in Lincoln? It's almost like there are 2 different cultures right now. Defense seems solid, Offense seems to be in shambles.
Frost just told us how the locker room was the best it's ever been and the culture the best it's ever been..

Seriously.. there are trust issues on offense especially. The longer this festers, the more damage it does to the program. The AD needed to make a change, but failed to do so, so the players are voting with their feet.

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr
His catches dropped in half every year he was here, and by the middle of his third season he couldn't get on the field because other players leapfrogged him on the depth chart. Is it okay to judge him on that?

Reactions: dinglefritz
players want to play. get used to it. every program in america has about a dozen players leaving
what's more important than who is leaving is who is coming. and Frost got who he wanted.

Warner is a mediocre player who wouldn't have sniffed a D-I roster if his Dad wasn't a Hall of Fame QB. He got beat out by walk-ons this year. The fact that he was named a captain just shows how bad the leadership is in this program.
Not this again. Your leaders/captains DONT need to be your best players. As long as he held people accountable for their actions, he doesn’t need to be a starter

Frost just told us how the locker room was the best it's ever been and the culture the best it's ever been..

Seriously.. there are trust issues on offense especially. The longer this festers, the more damage it does to the program. The AD needed to make a change, but failed to do so, so the players are voting with their feet.

yes, it is essential that 4th string WR's stick around.

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
2 drops that were easy touchdowns. You do that, and you deserve to see nothing but the bench.

His catches dropped in half every year he was here, and by the middle of his third season he couldn't get on the field because other players leapfrogged him on the depth chart. Is it okay to judge him on that?

Absolutely it is okay to judge him by that that. I was not advocating that he be the starter or that he even get playing time . In fact, I don't think he should of been the starter.

I was just seeing too much emphasis on the 2 drops (one was a knuckleball and the other was going at hundred mph behind him) as the primary reason for lack of playing time. The younger players just being better and having more game break potential was.

We will have to agree to disagree. Two drops of his that I can remember are one in the endzone and one on 3rd down late in the game (one that the Huskers ended up losing) that would have kept the drive alive. Both were breadbasket catches and he dropped them. If you are going to be a Steve Largent type possession receiver you have to make the most of every ball thrown your way. I don't know him, but I am betting Kade is a great kid. He's just not a high level receiver.

He can take his putrid 5 catches and 2 dropped touchdowns to whatever non power 5 conference team that will take him. Not sure husker fans can tolerate mustache gimmicks over production any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT