ADVERTISEMENT

Kade McIntyre Fremont Bergan LB NOW a OU commit

Not true, the article I read said McIntyre knew an offer was coming from NU because Rudd had contacted him prior to the Tenn offer to schedule a day they could chat.

The Nebraska offer came one day after Tennessee offered McIntyre. He said he saw a Husker offer coming after Ruud called earlier in the week to line up a Thursday chat.

Or maybe a little birdie told NU that a Tennessee offer was coming. Or maybe Frost was just offering after Iowa and Minnesota did (schools he is 1-7 combined against).

Whatever the case, since NU football has been on a losing skid we've seen this take place with too many in-state recruits-- no offer until others come in with an offer. Whatever happened to truly evaluating a prospect and trusting your evaluation one way or the other? Offer or don't offer. Don't slow play a kid. Don't play games.
No.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Any updates here, i see that he has visits to 4 schools in June and NU is not one of them.

Can one of the recruiting experts please provide a list of all of the Nebraska prep players that weren't offered by Nebraska but went on to have illustrious careers else where? In addition provide a list of Nebraska prep players that were not offered by Nebraska but according to the Nebraska fan boards "should have been" based on their high school accomplishments?

The pct of misses would be small. I get it, we all want Nebraska kids coming to Nebraska, but when you have a class that is going to be relatively small (17-19) and you already have 4 instate kids committed and 2 more that are leaning this way, that is putting a lot of chips on those 6 or 7 kids to carry the load for the class. Outside of Coleman, the rest of the prospects are like 600 nationally or higher. It isn't like there are multiple top 300 players even.

Can one of the recruiting experts please provide a list of all of the Nebraska prep players that weren't offered by Nebraska but went on to have illustrious careers else where? In addition provide a list of Nebraska prep players that were not offered by Nebraska but according to the Nebraska fan boards "should have been" based on their high school accomplishments?

The pct of misses would be small. I get it, we all want Nebraska kids coming to Nebraska, but when you have a class that is going to be relatively small (17-19) and you already have 4 instate kids committed and 2 more that are leaning this way, that is putting a lot of chips on those 6 or 7 kids to carry the load for the class. Outside of Coleman, the rest of the prospects are like 600 nationally or higher. It isn't like there are multiple top 300 players even.
Between 2003-2012, more Nebraska natives made the NFL via non-Husker routes with no NU offers than did through Lincoln, with Danny Woodhead being the obvious miss.

Makes no matter, however, and you are using the exceptions to try and prove the rule. Fact is, the Nebraska kids who are on the team make a far bigger impact than what shows up in the box score. They set the culture.

Every Nebraska player for 50+ years says as much. Because you don’t believe it doesn’t make it false.

Between 2003-2012, more Nebraska natives made the NFL via non-Husker routes with no NU offers than did through Lincoln, with Danny Woodhead being the obvious miss.

Makes no matter, however, and you are using the exceptions to try and prove the rule. Fact is, the Nebraska kids who are on the team make a far bigger impact than what shows up in the box score. They set the culture.

Every Nebraska player for 50+ years says as much. Because you don’t believe it doesn’t make it false.
You are stating something that can’t be proven. But if you want to go down that road, Tommie Frazier set the culture for his era, along with the Peter Brothers and Wistrom. None from Nebraska. There have been Nebraska kids on the roster for the past 23 years, they didn’t seem to make a difference in culture. Just because you believe it doesn’t make it true.

You are stating something that can’t be proven.
So are you.

Tommie Frazier didn’t do sh*t as far as culture was concerned.

Listening is a skill you can improve at all times of life. There are countless quotes from players backing up my statement. There are none backing up yours, and that’s as close to proof as we’ll ever get.

I’m sure you’ll respond with “well what are players supposed to say?” or something similarly meaningless. You are flat out wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
You are stating something that can’t be proven. But if you want to go down that road, Tommie Frazier set the culture for his era, along with the Peter Brothers and Wistrom. None from Nebraska. There have been Nebraska kids on the roster for the past 23 years, they didn’t seem to make a difference in culture. Just because you believe it doesn’t make it true.

So are you.

Listening is a skill you can improve at all times of life. There are countless quotes from players backing up my statement. There are none backing up yours, and that’s as close to proof as we’ll ever get.

I’m sure you’ll respond with “well what are players supposed to say?” or something similarly meaningless. You are flat out wrong.

bird-popcorn.gif

So are you.

Please. Frazier was a winner and he didn’t accept losing. That was culture. He wasn’t liked by teammates but that win at all cost attitude was the culture.

I understand your point, but the difference in winning at Nebraska is having quality football players. Maybe this kid goes somewhere else and tears it up, but him going somewhere instead of Nebraska is not why this program is in the shape it is in. Nor will it be a reason that the program is not successful in the future. There are plenty of kids that can stay home and walk on and provide the same benefit you, and apparently every player in Nebraska history, believe they contribute to culture.

Terry Connealy

I remember when Mike Riley was being grilled for not offering Bryson Williams out of Lincoln Southeast. Even though we were only taking 1 DT and went with Masry Mapieu (York, NE).

Neither ended up doing much on the football field.

Reactions: Yantzeee
You are stating something that can’t be proven. But if you want to go down that road, Tommie Frazier set the culture for his era, along with the Peter Brothers and Wistrom. None from Nebraska. There have been Nebraska kids on the roster for the past 23 years, they didn’t seem to make a difference in culture. Just because you believe it doesn’t make it Tuesday

List all the 4 stars that have left or not contributed in the last 8 years from out of state

Please. Frazier was a winner and he didn’t accept losing. That was culture. He wasn’t liked by teammates but that win at all cost attitude was the culture.

I understand your point, but the difference in winning at Nebraska is having quality football players. Maybe this kid goes somewhere else and tears it up, but him going somewhere instead of Nebraska is not why this program is in the shape it is in. Nor will it be a reason that the program is not successful in the future. There are plenty of kids that can stay home and walk on and provide the same benefit you, and apparently every player in Nebraska history, believe they contribute to culture.
I’m all for the Nebraska heart argument but the fact the matter is the Rudy story only works when you have the horses. Ok so maybe a starter or two back in the day didn’t feel like putting in the work one day and some kid from scottsbluff pushed him to feel bad about it and turn it on.

That only works when the guys you are trying to get to turn it on have real skills and aren’t another mid grade Nebraska kid.

I haven’t looked but between frost telling stories about the old days and having like 100 walk ons in the program we are arguably the most Nebraska culture we’ve had in 20 years. We’re also the worst on the field we’ve been in a half century or more.

I agree with tuco that overall the misses are small especially when you compare it to all the Nebraska kids we took that turned out to do exactly jack squazzle over the decades. Woodhead, Harrison Philips, and the DL kid that went to Iowa are the only three I can remember off the top of my head and while they would have been nice gets it’s hard to say they change the trajectory of the program radically.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I’m all for the Nebraska heart argument but the fact the matter is the Rudy story only works when you have the horses. Ok so maybe a starter or two back in the day didn’t feel like putting in the work one day and some kid from scottsbluff pushed him to feel bad about it and turn it on.

That only works when the guys you are trying to get to turn it on have real skills and aren’t another mid grade Nebraska kid.

I haven’t looked but between frost telling stories about the old days and having like 100 walk ons in the program we are arguably the most Nebraska culture we’ve had in 20 years. We’re also the worst on the field we’ve been in a half century or more.

I agree with tuco that overall the misses are small especially when you compare it to all the Nebraska kids we took that turned out to do exactly jack squazzle over the decades. Woodhead, Harrison Philips, and the DL kid that went to Iowa are the only three I can remember off the top of my head and while they would have been nice gets it’s hard to say they change the trajectory of the program radically.
Noah Fant was another big more recent miss.

List all the 4 stars that have left or not contributed in the last 8 years from out of state
What does that have to do with anything I wrote? Nebraska needs to sign legit players not just the best players from Nebraska.

It is my understanding that the parents are OU fans and he is going to play TE/ Slot down there. Nebraska didn't see him as a fit in their offense and offered him at LB. So he is going to his dream school and will play offense, I don't see the big loss. The fact that he wasn't going to take an official here tells me that Nebraska wasn't going to be a factor. If he wasn't going to visit here officially, that tells me that he isn't the type of player that was going to come here and elevate the rest of the team with his die hard Nebraska attitude. The program will survive.

What does that have to do with anything I wrote? Nebraska needs to sign legit players not just the best players from Nebraska.

It is my understanding that the parents are OU fans and he is going to play TE/ Slot down there. Nebraska didn't see him as a fit in their offense and offered him at LB. So he is going to his dream school and will play offense, I don't see the big loss. The fact that he wasn't going to take an official here tells me that Nebraska wasn't going to be a factor. If he wasn't going to visit here officially, that tells me that he isn't the type of player that was going to come here and elevate the rest of the team with his die hard Nebraska attitude. The program will survive.
Nobody says we *just* need to sign NE kids.

Everybody agrees we absolutely *should* always sign as many of the best in-state players as possible.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15

Everybody agrees we absolutely *should* always sign as many of the best in-state players as possible.
And there will be more in state players signed this year than any year in recent memory. This kid wasn't coming here. Nothing about his recruitment says he was interested in Nebraska. Like I wrote, he didn't take an official visit, he appears to want to play for the family's favorite team and play offense and not defense.

I think most of the schools offered on defense, obviously he wanted offense, good for the kid.

Reactions: baseball31ne
And there will be more in state players signed this year than any year in recent memory. This kid wasn't coming here. Nothing about his recruitment says he was interested in Nebraska. Like I wrote, he didn't take an official visit, he appears to want to play for the family's favorite team and play offense and not defense.
I agree. Totally different story if his parents had brains and were NU fans.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerO

There in lies the problem - who gets to determine who the "best in-state players" are? Not this message board I hope.

Reactions: WHCSC
I read the article but thought it was his grandfather who was an OU fan, not the father but I could easily be mistaken. Sounded like the kid just felt it was the right place when he got there. It happens in Lincoln as well as we hear the stories.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT