ADVERTISEMENT

Kade McIntyre Fremont Bergan LB NOW a OU commit

SIAP. Also with Minnesota offer. Thoughts? Anyone see him play? Nebraska going to be in the mix at some point?
Well he's a very good football player. Runs a 11.2 100 meter at 6' 3" 205. I can see why Iowa and Minnesota like him. But it sounds like other than Mickey Joseph stopping by the school once, there hasn't been much contact by NU's staff. But if the offers keep piling up, I would bet that Frost will reevaluate Kade and jump in with an offer later.

Well he's a very good football player. Runs a 11.2 100 meter at 6' 3" 205. I can see why Iowa and Minnesota like him. But it sounds like other than Mickey Joseph stopping by the school once, there hasn't been much contact by NU's staff. But if the offers keep piling up, I would bet that Frost will reevaluate Kade and jump in with an offer later.
Nebraska has tried to come in late far too often the last 20 years with in state kids, all while offering fringe d1 in state kids instantly.

Nebraska has lacked on pinpointing the right in state guys for a while.

Nebraska is after much better linebackers. These new coaches are getting traction with better talent.

This is an interesting comment.

Bob Delvaney (my grandfather was a NE native, so 1970, 1971), Dr. Tom Osborne, Bob Commings, Hayden Fry, Frank Solich, Kirk Ferentz and so on. My timeline in College Football over the years.

In Iowa, the Hawkeyes have their assistant DL coach Jay Niemann covers Iowa for scholarship and walk-on prospects.

Nebraska is smaller state, about half the population, but does Scott Frost have a member of his staff that focuses on Nebraska recruiting?

Or, does he handle it like special teams in the past, with no one specific coach over it?

Reactions: CriticalObserver

Bob Delvaney (my grandfather was a NE native, so 1970, 1971), Dr. Tom Osborne, Bob Commings, Hayden Fry, Frank Solich, Kirk Ferentz and so on. My timeline in College Football over the years.

In Iowa, the Hawkeyes have their assistant DL coach Jay Niemann covers Iowa for scholarship and walk-on prospects.

Nebraska is smaller state, about half the population, but does Scott Frost have a member of his staff that focuses on Nebraska recruiting?

Or, does he handle it like special teams in the past, with no one specific coach over it?

Smh

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver

One of the more satisfying pisses I’ve ever taken was the one I let loose on hayden fryer’s grave (never heard of him before that moment)

in retrospect, I probably helped to turn it iowa piss yellow

his name belongs nowhere near Tom Osborne’s, as he’d have gladly admitted himself when his living belly was as yellow as my stream on his perpetual resting place

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Nebraska has tried to come in late far too often the last 20 years with in state kids, all while offering fringe d1 in state kids instantly.

Nebraska has lacked on pinpointing the right in state guys for a while.
I agree. Starting with Pelini, I don't think the staff has even evaluated some of these kids. The message to the kids is "come to camp this summer. We'll look at you then." And then if the kids have a great camp and prove themselves, they might get offered but more often they've been slow played. And consequently some good kids have gotten away. But now we're to the point where other schools realize that Nebraska kids are no longer a lock to go to NU so they figure it's not a waste of time to offer these kids.

Nebraska is after much better linebackers. These new coaches are getting traction with better talent.
I wonder if it's a situation where if Nebraska offers, it is 100% committable and a bad look if Nebraska pulls back. Whereas out of state schools can more easily change their mind without any blowback.

What would be inexcusable is if Nebraska didn't show him a lot of interest and give him the time of day. That's what we think has been happening with recent recruits. I don't know if that's true or not. But, perception is everything.

Glad to see he got an offer. I only see the talent level in-state trending up, and if we're ignoring these kids it only creates more bitterness and animosity. With the new scholarship rules that are coming we're going to be cycling through a ton of guys every year. Might as well get the local guys and if they don't work out so be it, they'll leave.

Apparently Tennessee has now offered. That SEC offer may spur Frost to evaluate this kid.
And one day after Tennessee offers, Scott Frost offers a scholarship. I did see a tweet from one of the Husker recruiting media that indicated that the Huskers hadn't shown any interest outside of one Mickey Joseph visit. This is weird stuff. But whatever the case, this kid is big, smart, fast and a very good football player. If the Huskers take a closer look at this kid, they will see what the other schools like in him.

And one day after Tennessee offers, Scott Frost offers a scholarship. I did see a tweet from one of the Husker recruiting media that indicated that the Huskers hadn't shown any interest outside of one Mickey Joseph visit. This is weird stuff. But whatever the case, this kid is big, smart, fast and a very good football player. If the Huskers take a closer look at this kid, they will see what the other schools like in him.

Not true, the article I read said McIntyre knew an offer was coming from NU because Rudd had contacted him prior to the Tenn offer to schedule a day they could chat.

The Nebraska offer came one day after Tennessee offered McIntyre. He said he saw a Husker offer coming after Ruud called earlier in the week to line up a Thursday chat.

Last edited:
Not true, the article I read said McIntyre knew an offer was coming from NU because Rudd had contacted him prior to the Tenn offer to schedule a day they could chat.

The Nebraska offer came one day after Tennessee offered McIntyre. He said he saw a Husker offer coming after Ruud called earlier in the week to line up a Thursday chat.
Or maybe a little birdie told NU that a Tennessee offer was coming. Or maybe Frost was just offering after Iowa and Minnesota did (schools he is 1-7 combined against).

Whatever the case, since NU football has been on a losing skid we've seen this take place with too many in-state recruits-- no offer until others come in with an offer. Whatever happened to truly evaluating a prospect and trusting your evaluation one way or the other? Offer or don't offer. Don't slow play a kid. Don't play games.

Or maybe a little birdie told NU that a Tennessee offer was coming. Or maybe Frost was just offering after Iowa and Minnesota did (schools he is 1-7 combined against).

Whatever the case, since NU football has been on a losing skid we've seen this take place with too many in-state recruits-- no offer until others come in with an offer. Whatever happened to truly evaluating a prospect and trusting your evaluation one way or the other? Offer or don't offer. Don't slow play a kid. Don't play games.

Or maybe what was written actually happen minus the little birdies. Why is it just because others are interested, our coaches are required to have the same interest? The kid has been quoted as saying he has no favorite school.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Nebraska should have probably offered Koa (his brother). He's faster and he might be a pretty good defensive player.
So Koa is faster and better. , his best offer was Wyoming, and Cade has multiple p5 offers , your a idiot.

Whiff.

ADVERTISEMENT