ADVERTISEMENT

Kade headed to KSU

Walk on or scholarship I think this is great for Kade. He wants to coach.....and B12 experience as a player wont hurt.

I think the KSU coach and Kurt Warner played together at Northern Iowa.
Coach Klieman was a UNI grad assistant when Warner played there, thus the connection to his son, Kade.

They had a weird year last year. Beat OK but pummeled by Iowa state and Texas. Lost to ark state. Nice wins in other parts of schedule.

Covid ripped the season apart. 40 players missed the Arky State game and then after beating OU in Norman, Skylar Thompson was taken out for the season v. TxT. The Cats should be pretty salty this fall with five good transfers, Thompson back for his final year, and Deuce Vaughn at running back. Year three is when coach Klieman's hire will be judged. That's this fall.

Last edited:
They had a weird year last year. Beat OK but pummeled by Iowa state and Texas. Lost to ark state. Nice wins in other parts of schedule.
There's no shame losing to Arkansas State. They are the best team in Arkansas by a mile.

Covid ripped the season apart. 40 players missed the Arky State game and then after beating OU in Norman, Skylar Thompson was taken out for the season v. TxT. The Cats should be pretty salty this fall with five good transfers, Thompson back for his final year, and Deuce Vaughn at running back. Year three is when coach Klieman's hire will be judged. That's this fall.
they ended up having to play a true freshman QB for most of the year and he didn't have a spring season. he literally had only practice for several weeks with the team before having to take over for the rest of the season. It was not pretty.
Klieman says they needed some leadership at the WR position group. They have struggled with consistency and turnover at that position. He believes Kade will show their current players how to practice and behave.
Seems like a wasted scholarship to me but apparently Klieman thinks they need someone to model good behavior.

As ANY Power 5 head football coach should be....
The post noted the impact of COVID on the KSU football team this past year. Other posters have also noted the impact that injuries to their QB had on their win loss record. Obviously not having young players (QB in this case) there for spring ball and not having a normal fall practice situation can influence outcomes. There can be extenuating circumstances beyond a coach's control that can impact how we should judge a coach in year 3.

they ended up having to play a true freshman QB for most of the year and he didn't have a spring season. he literally had only practice for several weeks with the team before having to take over for the rest of the season. It was not pretty.
Klieman says they needed some leadership at the WR position group. They have struggled with consistency and turnover at that position. He believes Kade will show their current players how to practice and behave.
Seems like a wasted scholarship to me but apparently Klieman thinks they need someone to model good behavior.
Klieman's WRs are expected to block and be in the right place. Kade will fit in there.

Reactions: Wasker77
ADVERTISEMENT