ADVERTISEMENT

Ka-Pow! #6 On The Books

FANTASTIC!

Two quarterbacks for this class with big-time arms, and both can also move if the situation calls for it.

Really excited about both QB commits. What I saw of O'Brien's film looks great.

Welcome Patrick! Good job Coach Riley and Coach Langsdorf

MikeRileyPointTongue.gif

Yes, he's only a low 3-star with only a few good offers. But watch some of his film before complaining based on that alone.

Certainly better throwing form than we've seen very often on Saturdays in Lincoln recently. He knows how to step into a pass, for one thing. Throws it a long way with accuracy with seemingly little effort.

Kind of funny that our pro-style QB commit had three times the rushing yards last year of our dual-threat, though.

Yes, he's only a low 3-star with only a few good offers. But watch some of his film before complaining based on that alone.

Certainly better throwing form than we've seen very often on Saturdays in Lincoln recently. He knows how to step into a pass, for one thing. Throws it a long way with accuracy with seemingly little effort.

Kind of funny that our pro-style QB commit had three times the rushing yards last year of our dual-threat, though.

Why is Wilson a dual threat and O'Brien isn't?

Put 10 on scholarship as far as I'm concerned, without a qb you aren't going anywhere!

Put 10 on scholarship as far as I'm concerned, without a qb you aren't going anywhere!
We need to get rid of some "QB's". The only roster QB's worth keeping are TA and Darlington. Bring in Wilson and O'Brien and we'll be fine. Anybody who doesn't see O'Brien as a major pick up is an absolute idiot.

We need to get rid of some "QB's". The only roster QB's worth keeping are TA and Darlington. Bring in Wilson and O'Brien and we'll be fine. Anybody who doesn't see O'Brien as a major pick up is an absolute idiot.

Look for Obrien to receive a 4th star.

Reactions: Rozier 30
Crootin is about to BLOOW UP! The safety we just offered from calabassas california that plays with KJJ (cant remember his name) is supposedly coming to FNL on June 5th and looking to make the flip sooner than later accordding to KJS! hes a 5.8 4* committed to Cal currently. 247 composite 4* as well. I think we see double digit 4* croots this year or at least very close and next year will be just as good or better considering how many big time prospects we are in on already.

I'm not as concerned by the number of stars for QB prospects with this staff. I think they'll be to QBs as the last staff was to DBs. I think we will need highly regarded prospects at other positions, but I'll trust their talent evaluation at quarterback.

i guess he's an ok pickup, not impressed at all with his film, but i do trust the staff in their evaluations. i think he will provide 'depth' at the position.

How is this going to effect the recruiting of that 5 star QB that grew up in Omaha in the 2017 class.

We need to get rid of some "QB's". The only roster QB's worth keeping are TA and Darlington.

Let's not forget that AJ Bush had an amazing spring and also a great year on the scout team. Don't discount him because of a bad spring game. Please also remember TA and ZD were on the Red team, which had a ton more talent, and AJ was on the lesser talented white team. Let's not also forget that Fyfe & Stanton were co # 2's last year. In January, this board awarded Johnny Stanton the 2016 starter, remember.

I like all of our QB's right now. I think all 5 of those guys have big upside. I think its a good problem to have. Not tOSU good, but still good.

Anybody who doesn't see O'Brien as a major pick up is an absolute idiot.
So pretty much Jim Mora, Steve Sarkisian, Sonny Dykes & David Shaw? Not saying O'Brien isn't a good pick up but he isn't even close to being a finished product no brainer recruit.

How is this going to effect the recruiting of that 5 star QB that grew up in Omaha in the 2017 class.
He WAS a 5* star on another site early on but got downgraded to a mid level 3* with the latest ranking update on that site (I think it was 247) And judging by the no offer to him and the other early QB offers for 2017, along with 4* tristan Gebbia coming with KJJ in June I really dont see that kid from Virginia via Omaha being apart of the class as a QB. Langs has bigger fish to fry

So pretty much Jim Mora said:
I'm excited about his commit because of it opening up the doors to several other highly rated recruits, but as far as POB goes, I would think if he was that good he would have a lot more offers, I can see him being under the radar UNTIL he win MVP at elite 11 regional and then NEB offered. But even after he got his name out there he still didnt get the offers he wanted. I just hope he can recruit someother Cali studs and him or Wilson are legit qbs

i guess he's an ok pickup, not impressed at all with his film, but i do trust the staff in their evaluations. i think he will provide 'depth' at the position.

Lol what's not to like? Huge arm, mobile, looks comfortable in the pocket and accurate. Watch O'Brien's 7on7 highlights then watch K.J. Costellos (6.0 QB committed to Standford) 7on7 highlights and then get back to us...

Reactions: arf_man
Lol what's not to like? Huge arm, mobile, looks comfortable in the pocket and accurate. Watch O'Brien's 7on7 highlights then watch K.J. Costellos (6.0 QB committed to Standford) 7on7 highlights and then get back to us...
For QB, I prefer a dynamic athlete like Terry Wilson to that of the big slow pocket passer style.

He WAS a 5* star on another site early on but got downgraded to a mid level 3* with the latest ranking update on that site (I think it was 247) And judging by the no offer to him and the other early QB offers for 2017, along with 4* tristan Gebbia coming with KJJ in June I really dont see that kid from Virginia via Omaha being apart of the class as a QB. Langs has bigger fish to fry

Appreciate the response.

He is early in his development and Smoked everybody in LA - read about it. He showed up and took MVP. I will take the word of those in a big market WATCHING him compete over trolls. This is a great opportunity for all.. its 5/22 . The WH has a nice article to hell balance.

For QB, I prefer a dynamic athlete like Terry Wilson to that of the big slow pocket passer style.

Did you actually look at his film? I always thought "big" was a plus for a quarterback. Now it is a negative? And because he doesn't have track speed, he is slow? He has good speed, there isn't any denying that.

Crootin is about to BLOOW UP! The safety we just offered from calabassas california that plays with KJJ (cant remember his name) is supposedly coming to FNL on June 5th and looking to make the flip sooner than later accordding to KJS! hes a 5.8 4* committed to Cal currently. 247 composite 4* as well. I think we see double digit 4* croots this year or at least very close and next year will be just as good or better considering how many big time prospects we are in on already.

Marquel Dismuke

Seriously? Our "big slow" pocket QB out rushed our "dynamic athlete" QB. Look at the last few teams that have won National Titles and tell me about their QBs.

OSU - C. Jones
FSU - J. Winston
Ala - A.J. McCarron

Further more, just about every person who knows more than most of us about QBs has said this kid is a stud and has great mechanics and film.

ADVERTISEMENT