ADVERTISEMENT

k-state or iowa state?

I came over here initially due to Moos leaving. I wanted to take the fanbase temp on what this meant for Frost. Your posters went in the other direction in trying to minimize other programs and take potshots. I have just posted facts and opinions to those potshots being taken.
Well perhaps your time on the island should end. Buh bye

Seems to me that Neb continues to pound sand, but at least those B10 checks keep coming.
Which is 100% the point of being in a conference. It allows you to get back on your feet if you're sucking donkey balls.

For example, a team could suck decade over decade for about 80 years, yet still cash checks if they're in a conference that has teams in it that move the needle.

Reactions: Clonewithasigh
Which is 100% the point of being in a conference. It allows you to get back on your feet if you're sucking donkey balls.

For example, a team could suck decade over decade for about 80 years, yet still cash checks if they're in a conference that has teams in it that move the needle.
LOL! Is Ohio State the donkey? I will give you credit for that one. Self depricating humor is honorable.

Folks keep ignoring the obvious when spouting rumors. It takes 8 votes to dissolve the B12 and anyone that leaves prior to 2025, without the 8 votes needed, owes $80M. Now is it possible that KU is attempting to set something up for 2025? Maybe, but no conference is going to make that commitment to a small market team that draws 20k fans for football in a landscape that is changing. If you believe that, you have very little common sense. Hey, in today’s world, there is a lot of that going around.
Agree. That’s partly why there is nothing imminent between the Big 10 and ku.

If, really when, the Big 12 dissolves everything changes.

And here’s the thing. It benefits the SEC, ESPN, Oklahoma, and Texas if the Big 12 dissolves as soon as possible

Those are the big players in conference realignment. The Big 12 will not survive when the power brokers in conference realignment benefit greatly from the Big 12 dissolving.

Tough times for the remaining Big 12 schools. It’s why Colorado, Nebraska, A&M, Mizzou and now Oklahoma and Texas have left.

Every school that could leave has left. That’s really all you need to know about the Big 12.

And you are under the false impression that KU carries the KC market. The evidence in front proves as much, but you ignore it. Neb has been pretty bad in football but folks still show up to games and they do fine in the viewing dept. Heck, ESPN had a segment on Neb last night making fun of the 103% attendance figure because Neb had a losing record at home in the last 9 home games. You seem to think the B10 will automatically cause the KC market to start loving KU. KU football is irrelevant to that market.
The fact that you think this is about KU football and the KC market is what is lacking in common sense. BTN is already in the KC market. There are plenty of NU, Iowa, Illinois, NW and others here to drive the BTN market. Hell I live in Overland Park and and have had BTN for longer than I can remember.

This is about national branding. Do you really think the SEC wants/needs the Norman/OKC market??? They want OU because it’s a national brand. Same with KU, their basketball is a national brand. IF the Big Ten opts for KU it’s because of AAU and their national basketball brand NOT because of football and the KC market. This is also the same reason the BIG may be more inclined to pass on KU in favor of a Pac12 merger/agreement. Brands like USC, UCLA and Stanford offer national branding therefore more revenue.

Reactions: 250vertical
Hasn’t been for some time now. My kids are mostly now grown and have no idea that Neb was once a good program. The world has changed, as I am sure you know.
Wow. Can’t imagine other ways you’ve failed your kids if you haven’t given them the straight scoop on where you clowns belong in life’s pecking order (lower than the bottom, almost worthy of pity).

And we wonder how we’ve gotten where we are in society. Smh

The fact that you think this is about KU football and the KC market is what is lacking in common sense. BTN is already in the KC market. There are plenty of NU, Iowa, Illinois, NW and others here to drive the BTN market. Hell I live in Overland Park and and have had BTN for longer than I can remember.

This is about national branding. Do you really think the SEC wants/needs the Norman/OKC market??? They want OU because it’s a national brand. Same with KU, their basketball is a national brand. IF the Big Ten opts for KU it’s because of AAU and their national basketball brand NOT because of football and the KC market. This is also the same reason the BIG may be more inclined to pass on KU in favor of a Pac12 merger/agreement. Brands like USC, UCLA and Stanford offer national branding therefore more revenue.
Swing and a miss…..again. Anybody that thinks basketball moves the needle even a millimeter, is smoking something. FB funds a whole athletic dept, and basketball pays for itself in many cases. Like I said, common sense is in short supply.

Reactions: MIZ...SEC
Wow. Can’t imagine other ways you’ve failed your kids if you haven’t given them the straight scoop on where you clowns belong in life’s pecking order (lower than the bottom, almost worthy of pity).

And we wonder how we’ve gotten where we are in society. Smh
His kids will find out pretty soon.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Swing and a miss…..again. Anybody that thinks basketball moves the needle even a millimeter, is smoking something. FB funds a whole athletic dept, and basketball pays for itself in many cases. Like I said, common sense is in short supply.
oh for f****ssake. What part of NATIONAL BRAND do you not understand??? IF (emphasis on IF) the Big Ten takes KU it’s because of their national brand which is entirely associated with their basketball program. BTN isn’t concerned with KU football or the KC market. They are already here and have plenty of presence. If that’s the motivation KU is a hard no. As has been said, it’s not about TVs on BTN, it’s about markets they can move into. If they can move into a basic cable package, or a sports tier package that’s what they are looking for, because that means they are getting paid whether people are watching or not. Obviously they want more viewers, but being in a basic package means money whether people watch or not.

So the question is, does KU have a national presence outside of the Big Ten footprint that would motivate ESPN, Fox, etc to increase conference TV revenue? Their football team certainly doesn’t. But could their basketball brand open up a market in Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte??? Maybe. Could basketball open up Atlanta? Nashville? Knoxville? Charleston? Or even LA or San Francisco? KU football won’t but KU basketball could. It’s not out of the realm of possibility. Is it a long shot? Sure. Is it better than adding ISU? absolutely. Is it as good as capturing the west coast via a merger/agreement with the Pac12? Not even close. To really move the needle the BIG needs LA, which means USC and UCLA. And adding Stanford for the Bay Area would be icing on the cake.

at the end of the day KU to the Big Ten is about AAU and Basketball and the potential markets that open up because of KU basketball, not football. Which is why it’s a long shot, but not out of the question. The real money is on the west coast, but the Pac12 is still solid so getting them to the table is difficult. Adding KU as a buffer for the short term may not help, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. In other words, KU football may be bringing in the money, but they are doing so because of KU basketball. And the better question is, how much is KU football generating off of TV revenue due to their Big 12 association which is entirely driven by Texas and Oklahoma. Take away UT and OU and KU is Basically a somewhat better version of UConn, Villanova or Gonzaga. Add KU to the Big Ten, football may get the credit on the balance sheet, but basketball is driving the bus.

Last edited:
I’ll just drop this here again. I know considering KU, even as a long shot, over ISU is hard. But once the butt hurt fades please feel free to respond.

I’ve always said, it’s better to be a has been (NU) than a never was (KSU, ISU, Io_a). Likewise it’s better to pound sand with a check in hand than to pound sand butt hurt and broke hoping for a lifeline.

while you were waiting for a reach around bevo was chasing an elephant.

The point is We were screaming from the mountain tops that Texas was running the conference with the interest of nobody else in mind. We told everybody at the time they needed to find another situation while they still could. Sorry you didn’t listen when we told you so…But we told you so
AND we told them so for many years before we gave them the middle finger salute but it was only crickets and the sound of kissing, slurping and bending over...... AND apparently loving it until they've been dumped

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Hasn’t been for some time now. My kids are mostly now grown and have no idea that Neb was once a good program. The world has changed, as I am sure you know.
Blah blah blah. My oldest was born in 2010, 2 years after KU’s last national championship. She doesn’t remember crap. That’s how this goes right? This generation doesn’t remember? Right? Okay. Let’s play. My dad is 74, born in 1947. He doesn’t remember the last time ISU won a conference title… 1912.

Go pound sand. But we talked about that already.

Reactions: nwualum
I’ll just drop this here again. I know considering KU, even as a long shot, over ISU is hard. But once the butt hurt fades please feel free to respond.

I’ve always said, it’s better to be a has been (NU) than a never was (KSU, ISU, Io_a). Likewise it’s better to pound sand with a check in hand than to pound sand butt hurt and broke hoping for a lifeline.

while you were waiting for a reach around bevo was chasing an elephant.
You apparently aren’t paying attention because ISU IS RIGHT NOW. I get the reminiscing from days long ago, but prefer being a current team in the conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You apparently aren’t paying attention because ISU IS RIGHT NOW. I get the reminiscing from days long ago, but prefer being a current team in the conversation.
Buddy, you wouldn’t know the conversation if it was keistering your old lady.

Guys, THERE'S NO TEAMS in the ACC to get. They aren't feeling threatened and no one can afford to leave
are their exit rules harsher than the big 12?
what if the sec plans to blow them up like the big 12? does the big have a plan?

to me ku, okie state, tcu and houston is the easiest way to a southern recruiting supply route..
at this point, you ask them to join and it's done.
the harder routes are the acc, and the pac

unless they are going to start having gang members in chicago get interested in football, or have liberals in ny get interested in football...you have to go where the best recruiting is..

and this wouldn't just benifit Nebraska, teams like minn, and iowa if in the same division would benefit..expecially with isu and ksu heading to the mwc, and help them be more competitive with the ohio states...making it a better conference, making it more evenly balanced and entertaining to watch.

making it more competitive with the sec..

Last edited:
Congrats. You’re cool right now. At least In your own eyes. And don’t get me wrong I would love for NU to hear ISUs current success. You had a good year last year and will likely have a good year this year. But I doubt you win the Big 12. So you’ll take your NY6, maybe. And people will take notice in October and maybe on a cold day in January. But by February no one will know or care. So congrats.

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

While you remember the 2021 Orange Bowl, video clips of mike rosier into the end zone, tommie Frazier breaking tackles, Matt Davidson catching a pass in the end zone, Cory Schlesinger falling into the endzone will continue to be played on CFB programs long after we’re gone, whether your kids remember or not. Those iconic memories will endure, while your point in time will fade.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
are their exit rules harsher than the big 12?
what if the sec plans to blow them up like the big 12? does the big have a plan?

to me ku, okie state, tcu and houston is the easiest way to a southern recruiting supply route..
at this point, you ask them to join and it's done.
the harder routes are the acc, and the pac

unless they are going to start having gang members in chicago get interested in football, or have liberals in ny get interested in football...you have to go where the best recruiting is..

and this wouldn't just benifit Nebraska, teams like minn, and iowa if in the same division would benefit..expecially with isu and ksu heading to the mwc, and help them be more competitive with the ohio states...making it a better conference, making it more evenly balanced and entertaining to watch.

making it more competitive with the sec..
Yes ACC by a long shot.

Agree. That’s partly why there is nothing imminent between the Big 10 and ku.

If, really when, the Big 12 dissolves everything changes.

And here’s the thing. It benefits the SEC, ESPN, Oklahoma, and Texas if the Big 12 dissolves as soon as possible

Those are the big players in conference realignment. The Big 12 will not survive when the power brokers in conference realignment benefit greatly from the Big 12 dissolving.

Tough times for the remaining Big 12 schools. It’s why Colorado, Nebraska, A&M, Mizzou and now Oklahoma and Texas have left.

Every school that could leave has left. That’s really all you need to know about the Big 12.
missouri was smart to leave. But the fb program still sucks. and it probably always will.
so while you look down at other programs that are not in the SEC just remember a lot of those programs would kick missouri's ass on the field.
i'd rather have a good team than a good conference.
missouri is just a hanger on to Bama and LSU and Georgia. They dont belong with them. They are there just to take losses.

missouri was smart to leave. But the fb program still sucks. and it probably always will.
so while you look down at other programs that are not in the SEC just remember a lot of those programs would kick missouri's ass on the field.
i'd rather have a good team than a good conference.
missouri is just a hanger on to Bama and LSU and Georgia. They dont belong with them. They are there just to take losses.
So you are like Farmer Ted in 16 Candles, King of the Dipshits.

I would rather be the 12 guy on the bench for the worst team in the NBA than be the best player in the G League.

oh for f****ssake. What part of NATIONAL BRAND do you not understand??? IF (emphasis on IF) the Big Ten takes KU it’s because of their national brand which is entirely associated with their basketball program. BTN isn’t concerned with KU football or the KC market. They are already here and have plenty of presence. If that’s the motivation KU is a hard no. As has been said, it’s not about TVs on BTN, it’s about markets they can move into. If they can move into a basic cable package, or a sports tier package that’s what they are looking for, because that means they are getting paid whether people are watching or not. Obviously they want more viewers, but being in a basic package means money whether people watch or not.

So the question is, does KU have a national presence outside of the Big Ten footprint that would motivate ESPN, Fox, etc to increase conference TV revenue? Their football team certainly doesn’t. But could their basketball brand open up a market in Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte??? Maybe. Could basketball open up Atlanta? Nashville? Knoxville? Charleston? Or even LA or San Francisco? KU football won’t but KU basketball could. It’s not out of the realm of possibility. Is it a long shot? Sure. Is it better than adding ISU? absolutely. Is it as good as capturing the west coast via a merger/agreement with the Pac12? Not even close. To really move the needle the BIG needs LA, which means USC and UCLA. And adding Stanford for the Bay Area would be icing on the cake.

at the end of the day KU to the Big Ten is about AAU and Basketball and the potential markets that open up because of KU basketball, not football. Which is why it’s a long shot, but not out of the question. The real money is on the west coast, but the Pac12 is still solid so getting them to the table is difficult. Adding KU as a buffer for the short term may not help, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. In other words, KU football may be bringing in the money, but they are doing so because of KU basketball. And the better question is, how much is KU football generating off of TV revenue due to their Big 12 association which is entirely driven by Texas and Oklahoma. Take away UT and OU and KU is Basically a somewhat better version of UConn, Villanova or Gonzaga. Add KU to the Big Ten, football may get the credit on the balance sheet, but basketball is driving the bus.
The ACC schools have the highest percentage of revenue from BB than any other conference (35%) I have read. The average that other conferences report (other than the BIG 10) is around 20%. In 2011 Coach K did not want KU in the ACC. At that time he said that the conference should stay in one time zone. Notre Dame changed that. The match ups in Allen Fieldhouse with Duke, NC, Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pitt, NC state, Wake Forrest could push that percentage to 40%. ESPN is licking their chops at the thought of winter content of such a quality as those mentioned. In ACC country, sports editorials are speculating that ESPN would sponsor such a move - KU to ACC. If the ncaa is stripped of March Madness, and the revenue is spread among the top finishing schools, then the ACC could be the first conference to realize as much revenue from BB as FB.
Also, regarding the PAC something to consider, the western third of the United States contains a load of population, but college FB is in decline, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT