ADVERTISEMENT

k-state or iowa state?

Sorry to break it to you, but the Big 12 is dead.
At least you guys are collecting big checks. Got to hand it to you, get $$$ if you can’t win anything……is a good strategy……Mizzou should be commended for thinking of this before Bevo.

What a boon it would be for CUSA to get a top 10 program! You guys might need to worry about the B10 trying to shut down football again. Of course Neb could always tell the B10 they are going to play regardless. I am sure they might reconsider if that happens.
That’s the best you got? Your league is going away and you are trying to insult us because we wanted to play football in 2020.

The proverbial bringing a knife to a gun fight.

while OU is chanting SEC SEC you will be watching your team on Maction Tuesday against Kent or Toledo.

Nah, it takes 6 more votes to dissolve. OU & UT will owe $160M, unless they stay 4 more years which is highly unlikely. Members are going to wait it out and most likely bring in others. The media landscape is going to change soon and ESPN will have plenty of competition. This is the reason they are pushing so hard now.
I’ve been hearing the whole “ESPN will have competition” and “wait until Fox jumps in” from KSU fans for 10 years. Hasn’t happened yet. And I’m not sure why any TV execs network or streaming would take a risk on the B12 given the current reality not to mention the last ten years or so of instability. The B12 has been focal point of nearly every realignment rumor almost annually since the day Colorado and Nebraska stepped out the door.

The reality is the B12 is in a really bad spot for negotiations to bring in other teams. Beyond 2025 there are no guarantees on TV revenue. It’s a complete unknown. The B12 needs big name/TV market schools more than those schools need the B12. I mean you need a school like BYU. What’s your pitch to that school? You’re basically asking them to come bail you out. I suppose you could make a play for Huston or UCF but again why would they leave stability for a complete unknown? Without UT and OU the B12 is on par with most G5 schools. They provide a fraction of what OU and UT provide. Expansion prospects are few and they provide little in the way sustained revenue. You’re trying to find your way out of a check mate situation.

Reactions: Clouserp
I’ve been hearing the whole “ESPN will have competition” and “wait until Fox jumps in” from KSU fans for 10 years. Hasn’t happened yet. And I’m not sure why any TV execs network or streaming would take a risk on the B12 given the current reality not to mention the last ten years or so of instability. The B12 has been focal point of nearly every realignment rumor almost annually since the day Colorado and Nebraska stepped out the door.

The reality is the B12 is in a really bad spot for negotiations to bring in other teams. Beyond 2025 there are no guarantees on TV revenue. It’s a complete unknown. The B12 needs big name/TV market schools more than those schools need the B12. I mean you need a school like BYU. What’s your pitch to that school? You’re basically asking them to come bail you out. I suppose you could make a play for Huston or UCF but again why would they leave stability for a complete unknown? Without UT and OU the B12 is on par with most G5 schools. They provide a fraction of what OU and UT provide. Expansion prospects are few and they provide little in the way sustained revenue. You’re trying to find your way out of a check mate situation.
I agree that we aren’t in a great spot. ESPN screwed up by contacting the AAC about inducements to break up the B12. Hence the Ceast & Decist, which probably forces them to the table. The conference doesn’t have anything to lose by litigation with them as they were/are attempting to damage the conference by tortious interference. Wasn’t a very smart move on their part. We’ll see how it shakes out.

I agree that we aren’t in a great spot. ESPN screwed up by contacting the AAC about inducements to break up the B12. Hence the Ceast & Decist, which probably forces them to the table. The conference doesn’t have anything to lose by litigation with them as they were/are attempting to damage the conference by tortious interference. Wasn’t a very smart move on their part. We’ll see how it shakes out.
At this point no, the B12 doesn't have anything to lose. But the end result will be the same and the money won, if any can be won, will be, in the long run, inconsequential.

WVU and KU are probably gone too.

The Big 12 should look to bring in BYU, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, Boise State, San Diego State, and Memphis. That would get the B12 conference to 14 before KU and WVU bail. Then when they do, you could be in a 12 team conference all nice and tidy.

You'd have a football conference with the top 3 recruiting state footprints plus the state of Ohio, excellent locations to visit for away games. Heck I might watch some of the new B12 at that point.

Use if any court winnings to pay those schools' exit fees.

Edit: I forgot about TCU...add SMU or drop Memphis.

Last edited:
While your recruiting is not great this year, it has been pretty good in the last number of years. Trying to poach recruits is not a good long term strategy as it appears that recruiting isn’t the problem.
The point is We were screaming from the mountain tops that Texas was running the conference with the interest of nobody else in mind. We told everybody at the time they needed to find another situation while they still could. Sorry you didn’t listen when we told you so…But we told you so

Reactions: Mack In Motion
At this point no, the B12 doesn't have anything to lose. But the end result will be the same and the money won, if any can be won, will be, in the long run, inconsequential.

The Big 12 should look to bring in BYU, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, Boise State, San Diego State, and Memphis. That would get the B12 conference to 14 before KU and WVU bail. Then when they do, you could be in a 12 team conference all nice and tidy.

You'd have a football conference with the top 3 recruiting state footprints plus the state of Ohio, excellent locations to visit for away games. Heck I might watch some of the new B12 at that point.

But why would the AAC not just just absorb the Big 12 schools they want and go to ESPN and renegotiate? ESPN got that league for a next to nothing and for a long time. With markets like Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, New Orleans, Tulsa and Dallas, the AAC should be in the drivers seat, not the markets of Ames, Manhattan, Morgantown, Stillwater, Lubbuck, Waco, Fort Worth and Lawrence.

You obviously pay attention to all rumors. Where do you think KU is going?

But why would the AAC not just just absorb the Big 12 schools they want and go to ESPN and renegotiate? ESPN got that league for a next to nothing and for a long time. With markets like Cincinnati, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, New Orleans, Tulsa and Dallas, the AAC should be in the drivers seat, not the markets of Ames, Manhattan, Morgantown, Stillwater, Lubbuck, Waco, Fort Worth and Lawrence.
For the dubious title of being in an autonomy 5 conference!?!?

I don't know, just trying to lift some spirits here, don't want clonewithasigh to become clonewithopenwrists..

At least you guys are collecting big checks. Got to hand it to you, get $$$ if you can’t win anything……is a good strategy……Mizzou should be commended for thinking of this before Bevo.
Back-to-back SEC East titles in 2013 and 2014. Cotton Bowl win and Citrus Bowl wins following 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Goals are set higher, but your “you can’t win anything” statement is way off.

Back-to-back SEC East titles in 2013 and 2014. Cotton Bowl win and Citrus Bowl wins following 2013 and 2014 seasons.

So the kids being recruited now were between 8 and 11 years old when Mizzurah last “won” a division?

Ancient history….cash those checks….is enrollment back up at Mizzou? What about all of the campus issues?

Ancient history….cash those checks….is enrollment back up at Mizzou? What about all of the campus issues?
Enrollment has fully recovered. Absolutely no campus issues. It was all blown way out of proportion by a crazy liberal media.

Now, go ahead and let me know what Iowa State has accomplished during the past nine years.

Sincerely, I hope Iowa State has a seat at the table. However, you have reason to be very concerned.

everyone should just go independent.. no more middle man.. decentralize the whole thing.

everyone should just go independent.. no more middle man.. decentralize the whole thing.
as a NU fan I'd like our chances..we have an above average fanbase, although greying.
we would have a good shot.
huge population centers would have a more nobrainer thing going. unless they didn't care about college football like ny.
it would be rough for small population (fill in the blank)-state teams.

but that would be a more natural way of thinning the herd then a espn suit.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The B12 isn’t going anywhere and why should they? The NCAA legislated the B12 with P5 status, so there is no reason to give that up. We will add teams unless 6 other members are able to move to another P5 conference.
What will the Big12 have to offer once OU and Texas leave that will get people to watching a game? What marquee games will you have to offer? What team will be invited to the playoffs as they currently sit? With that taken into consideration, what happens to recruiting? All the talent will look to the power conferences.
Sorry, but its the nature of the beast known as football. I would cling to the hopes that the Big12 will be fine. If the NCAA legislated the Big12 as P5, they can legislate the opposite way as well.

What will the Big12 have to offer once OU and Texas leave that will get people to watching a game? What marquee games will you have to offer? What team will be invited to the playoffs as they currently sit? With that taken into consideration, what happens to recruiting? All the talent will look to the power conferences.
Sorry, but its the nature of the beast known as football. I would cling to the hopes that the Big12 will be fine. If the NCAA legislated the Big12 as P5, they can legislate the opposite way as well.
B12 will add teams eventually when UT & OU leave. Folks watch good football and last time I checked, ISU is a top 10 team and others are top 25. Historically significant programs are great, but as the description indicates, it is history. Neb fans can understand that I am sure. When the B12 adds teams, I would bet that the schools added will have significant enrollment figures with some football success. A school such as UCF or Cincinnati come to mind.

B12 will add teams eventually when UT & OU leave. Folks watch good football and last time I checked, ISU is a top 10 team and others are top 25. Historically significant programs are great, but as the description indicates, it is history. Neb fans can understand that I am sure. When the B12 adds teams, I would bet that the schools added will have significant enrollment figures with some football success. A school such as UCF or Cincinnati come to mind.
The denial stage will eventually end and you will move into the anger stage. We’ll be here to help you get through it.

As far as I'm concerned, KSU, ISU or any other Big 12 school can pound sand. I hope they are end up in the Mountain West or MAC,

I say this because last weekend I read an excerpt from a book written by the former KSU AD (Wefald) who came right out and said that one of the goals during the formation of the Big 12 was to 'damage Nebraska football'.

So eff all of them. They crawled into bed with Texas, caught an STD, and now have to live with the warts.

Enjoy.

As far as I'm concerned, KSU, ISU or any other Big 12 school can pound sand. I hope they are end up in the Mountain West or MAC,

I say this because last weekend I read an excerpt from a book written by the former KSU AD (Wefald) who came right out and said that one of the goals during the formation of the Big 12 was to 'damage Nebraska football'.

So eff all of them. They crawled into bed with Texas, caught an STD, and now have to live with the warts.

Enjoy.
Seems to me that Neb continues to pound sand, but at least those B10 checks keep coming.

Seems to me that Neb continues to pound sand, but at least those B10 checks keep coming.
I’ve always said, it’s better to be a has been (NU) than a never was (KSU, ISU, Io_a). Likewise it’s better to pound sand with a check in hand than to pound sand butt hurt and broke hoping for a lifeline.

while you were waiting for a reach around bevo was chasing an elephant.

Reactions: MIZ...SEC
Just to add insult to injury, I’ll just leave this quote that was on 610 Sports Radio in KC today. If this comes to fruition, you’re done along with the rest of the Big 12.

Kansas football insider Mike Vernon joined KCSP 610 on Tuesday and revealed that the Kansas Jayhawks could make a move into the Big Ten within the next couple of weeks.

“There’s been these rumors all day KU is headed to Big Ten. I dismissed it as message board fodder. I am starting to hear it from people who I consider to be pretty reliable that this thing is imminent,” Vernon said. “I’m not ready to say it for sure, but I tell you what, there’s some smoke coming out of Lawrence right now.”

Just to add insult to injury, I’ll just leave this quote that was on 610 Sports Radio in KC today. If this comes to fruition, you’re done along with the rest of the Big 12.

Kansas football insider Mike Vernon joined KCSP 610 on Tuesday and revealed that the Kansas Jayhawks could make a move into the Big Ten within the next couple of weeks.

“There’s been these rumors all day KU is headed to Big Ten. I dismissed it as message board fodder. I am starting to hear it from people who I consider to be pretty reliable that this thing is imminent,” Vernon said. “I’m not ready to say it for sure, but I tell you what, there’s some smoke coming out of Lawrence right now.”
Ha Ha!

Mike Vernon knows about as much about ku going to the Big 10 as you and I do.

He walked back that statement very quickly, by the way. I think there’s a decent chance that ku does end up in the Big 10. But, I would be shocked if anything was imminent.

Big 10 has to explore the possibility of countering OU and UT to the SEC with a bigger move than ku to the Big 10. Otherwise, it’s very clear that the SEC rules college football. Is the Big 10 ready to concede that? I don’t think they are at this point.

Ha Ha!

Mike Vernon knows about as much about ku going to the Big 10 as you and I do.

He walked back that statement very quickly, by the way. I think there’s a decent chance that ku does end up in the Big 10. But, I would be shocked if anything was imminent.

Big 10 has to explore the possibility of countering OU and UT to the SEC with a bigger move than ku to the Big 10. Otherwise, it’s very clear that the SEC rules college football. Is the Big 10 ready to concede that? I don’t think they are at this point.
I don’t know. I don’t listen to to 610 or 810. Can’t stand either one and I don’t know anything about KU football.

I certainly don’t think KU is a lock for the Big Ten, and Vernon was certainly noncommittal in his remarks. But the reality is KU is the one school left in the Big 12 with the best options. I just as easily see them picked up by the Big Ten as I can see them being left out. And with OU and UT gone KU is the only program left in the Big 12 with any revenue worth looking at.

Based on 2019 revenue which is the latest data I could find, KU sits at 28th over all which is actually ahead of Illinois, Purdue and Maryland in the Big Ten. The next highest B12 team is West Virginia at 40th and then TTU, Iowa State and Okie Lite clock in at 43, 44 and 45 respectively.

unless the Big Ten is really going to go big and merge with the PAC 12, then KU is the only real option for expansion.

I don’t know. I don’t listen to to 610 or 810. Can’t stand either one and I don’t know anything about KU football.

I certainly don’t think KU is a lock for the Big Ten, and Vernon was certainly noncommittal in his remarks. But the reality is KU is the one school left in the Big 12 with the best options. I just as easily see them picked up by the Big Ten as I can see them being left out. And with OU and UT gone KU is the only program left in the Big 12 with any revenue worth looking at.

Based on 2019 revenue which is the latest data I could find, KU sits at 28th over all which is actually ahead of Illinois, Purdue and Maryland in the Big Ten. The next highest B12 team is West Virginia at 40th and then TTU, Iowa State and Okie Lite clock in at 43, 44 and 45 respectively.

unless the Big Ten is really going to go big and merge with the PAC 12, then KU is the only real option for expansion.
I agree with all of your post.

As for your last comment, the Big 10 is almost certainly trying to go big. And to my original point, going big is not taking ku. They can do that at any point.

If “going big” fails, then ku may very well be next in line for the Big 10.

Folks keep ignoring the obvious when spouting rumors. It takes 8 votes to dissolve the B12 and anyone that leaves prior to 2025, without the 8 votes needed, owes $80M. Now is it possible that KU is attempting to set something up for 2025? Maybe, but no conference is going to make that commitment to a small market team that draws 20k fans for football in a landscape that is changing. If you believe that, you have very little common sense. Hey, in today’s world, there is a lot of that going around.

Folks keep ignoring the obvious when spouting rumors. It takes 8 votes to dissolve the B12 and anyone that leaves prior to 2025, without the 8 votes needed, owes $80M. Now is it possible that KU is attempting to set something up for 2025? Maybe, but no conference is going to make that commitment to a small market team that draws 20k fans for football in a landscape that is changing. If you believe that, you have very little common sense. Hey, in today’s world, there is a lot of that going around.
Ames Iowa 67,000
Kansas City Metro 2,100,000

Small market??? You should have stopped while you were behind.

Ames Iowa 67,000
Kansas City Metro 2,100,000

Small market??? You should have stopped while you were behind.
One again common sense has alluded you. If KU was so dominant in the KC market, they would have more than 20K fans at games and 250k viewers for a game. Facts don’t seem to be your friend. Stick to something you are good at.

One again common sense has alluded you. If KU was so dominant in the KC market, they would have more than 20K fans at games and 250k viewers for a game. Facts don’t seem to be your friend. Stick to something you are good at.
Common sense alluded me? You are the one believing that the attendance at a football game matters. You are the one that brought up the small market. The Big Ten has proven that it is about TV markets and AAU. Football takes a back seat.

Common sense alluded me? You are the one believing that the attendance at a football game matters. You are the one that brought up the small market. The Big Ten has proven that it is about TV markets and AAU. Football takes a back seat.
And you are under the false impression that KU carries the KC market. The evidence in front proves as much, but you ignore it. Neb has been pretty bad in football but folks still show up to games and they do fine in the viewing dept. Heck, ESPN had a segment on Neb last night making fun of the 103% attendance figure because Neb had a losing record at home in the last 9 home games. You seem to think the B10 will automatically cause the KC market to start loving KU. KU football is irrelevant to that market.

And you are under the false impression that KU carries the KC market. The evidence in front proves as much, but you ignore it. Neb has been pretty bad in football but folks still show up to games and they do fine in the viewing dept. Heck, ESPN had a segment on Neb last night making fun of the 103% attendance figure because Neb had a losing record at home in the last 9 home games. You seem to think the B10 will automatically cause the KC market to start loving KU. KU football is irrelevant to that market.
I find it comical you are over here puffing your chest as though ISU has made it. Congrats on your pre-season ranking.... You did get lucky with your current coach, but I still have my doubts he stays once someone of significance in the NFL or SEC comes calling. Outside of a great engineering program, not much else great comes out of ISU and you aren't on any sort of map. Just like you said, NU has been terrible for awhile, but are still relevant in the media.

I find it comical you are over here puffing your chest as though ISU has made it. Congrats on your pre-season ranking.... You did get lucky with your current coach, but I still have my doubts he stays once someone of significance in the NFL or SEC comes calling. Outside of a great engineering program, not much else great comes out of ISU and you aren't on any sort of map. Just like you said, NU has been terrible for awhile, but are still relevant in the media.
I came over here initially due to Moos leaving. I wanted to take the fanbase temp on what this meant for Frost. Your posters went in the other direction in trying to minimize other programs and take potshots. I have just posted facts and opinions to those potshots being taken.

ADVERTISEMENT