ADVERTISEMENT

k-state or iowa state?

KSU has no National championships in any sport. They have no TV markets. They are in a bigger mess than almost any other school involved in the realignment saga.
well that is if success on the field and tv ratings dont matter.
because KSU fb win % in the B12 is the 3rd highest in the league. number of league titles is also 3rd in the league.
KSU average viewer numbers last year would make them the 4th most watched team in the B12 and the 3rd most watched team in the PAC12.
Their TV numbers from last year would be an upgrade over everyone in the PAC12 except USC and Oregon.
Their viewers are almost equal to Iowa State and only trail OU, UT, and OSU.
i think perception is not reality

The state of Iowa is not a recruiting hotbed. In any given year, there may be 5-10 P5 caliber recruits. Because the HS competition level in the state is considered low compared to other states, it becomes risky to take many recruits from there. If Iowa is the main source of recruits for a P5 program, they are in trouble. The Hawkeyes took 11(out of 19) recruits from Iowa in the class that just stepped on campus. That is a recipe for disaster, imo.

To address your other statements, why wouldn’t Neb want ISU in the B10? It would be the easiest road trip for fans on game day.

If a vote ever was made on whether to invite ISU to the B10, I can assure you the answer in Iowa City would be yes.
we got a few good ones outta iowa like roger craig..
myself I liked the big 8, so I have no problem with isu or k-state.
the only reason I singled them out in this thread is cause, the distance they are from lincoln.
and because how similar they are...as far as they rose with a good coach...snyder and campbell
I think, ksu and isu should be 100% focused on keeping the big 12 together.
my attitude is screw the whorns, zero u, the sec and espn.
you cut them clowns out of it and get with fox for the best deal you can get, then there decent teams you could add like houston, colorado state, boise, byu etc..

or stay at 8 teams (west) and join 8 teams (east) from the acc, and have a champ game...and be the 4th 16 team league for a playoff.

either way hang in there cause I think whorn and okie want to tank the big 12 so they won't have to compete at all for recruits..or honor the agreements they demanded.

with all this sec hype going on, there a basic element people tend to forget. there's 1 winner and 1 loser in a football game. there a reason, ohio state,oklahoma,nd,penn state,florida & usc are not in one division... they would'nt have the records they do if they were.

so a 5-4 ut team in the sec, may not be as appealing as 10-0 isu or ksu that plays alot in texas, for texas recruits.
in conclusion I don't want isu or ksu to tank, except if their tanking brings us a few troy davis type players...lol
and again screw the whorns 0u espn and the sec....

AAC making a play to pick up all remaining B12 teams.

That would be a great basketball conference.

k-state can tell a nice story about league championships, facilities, a sweet college town, a $2 billion federal laboratory about to open spinning off tons of r&d, and much more. but it would not bring enough incremental revenue to warrant a big 10 invite.

nor would iowa state, also a very good school and athletic program with rabid fans. iowa, minnesota, and nebraska already bring that revenue to the league.

k-state and isu have to be part of a new b12 with maybe byu and ucf, then perhaps an alignment somehow with the p12 bringing their network to the plains. if that doesn't happen, the b12 likely disbands, and the schools are headed to the g5.

we got a few good ones outta iowa like roger craig..
myself I liked the big 8, so I have no problem with isu or k-state.
the only reason I singled them out in this thread is cause, the distance they are from lincoln.
and because how similar they are...as far as they rose with a good coach...snyder and campbell
I think, ksu and isu should be 100% focused on keeping the big 12 together.
my attitude is screw the whorns, zero u, the sec and espn.
you cut them clowns out of it and get with fox for the best deal you can get, then there decent teams you could add like houston, colorado state, boise, byu etc..

or stay at 8 teams (west) and join 8 teams (east) from the acc, and have a champ game...and be the 4th 16 team league for a playoff.

either way hang in there cause I think whorn and okie want to tank the big 12 so they won't have to compete at all for recruits..or honor the agreements they demanded.

with all this sec hype going on, there a basic element people tend to forget. there's 1 winner and 1 loser in a football game. there a reason, ohio state,oklahoma,nd,penn state,florida & usc are not in one division... they would'nt have the records they do if they were.

so a 5-4 ut team in the sec, may not be as appealing as 10-0 isu or ksu that plays alot in texas, for texas recruits.
in conclusion I don't want isu or ksu to tank, except if their tanking brings us a few troy davis type players...lol
and again screw the whorns 0u espn and the sec....
I played against Roger in HS

Reactions: redwine65
Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State will need to find another conference in the future.

The Big Ten isn't taking any of these programs based on football and the numbers.

Viewership numbers matter.
The B12 isn’t going anywhere and why should they? The NCAA legislated the B12 with P5 status, so there is no reason to give that up. We will add teams unless 6 other members are able to move to another P5 conference.

The B1G should take 6 teams to make 20. Kansas Arizona USC (or UCLA) Stanford Oregon and Washington. This gets them into every major media market on the west coast. Phoenix LA San Francisco Portland Seattle as well as Kansas City. Two 10 team divisions. Play every team in your division with no crossovers. 19 game basketball schedule as you would play everyone. They could take Colorado over Stanford if they prefer the Denver market over SanFrancisco.

The B1G should take 6 teams to make 20. Kansas Arizona USC (or UCLA) Stanford Oregon and Washington. This gets them into every major media market on the west coast. Phoenix LA San Francisco Portland Seattle as well as Kansas City. Two 10 team divisions. Play every team in your division with no crossovers. 19 game basketball schedule as you would play everyone. They could take Colorado over Stanford if they prefer the Denver market over SanFrancisco.
I'm kinda thinking that way too. But for now I hope everyone not named $ec or e$pn put the emergency brake on and not expand playoffs to 12. Smells too fishy and coincidental that literally days after the expansion to 8-12 in playoffs ( who espn owns the rights to) that we're talking of expanding $ec which e$pn also holds the rights to

e$pn too involved and driving the ship

Do we have any faith in Kevin Warren thinking outside the box or does he leave it up to Barry Alvarez to help make decisions…

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I think a lot of people are assuming to much when they say Kansas is a good choice due to their BB program. Do not just assume that will stay the program it is today. Couple bad recruiting classes...and with the B12 implosion that could happen....and all the sudden they are real average real fast. Who says they stay on top? If this was our senior year in high school...I would vote them most likely to falter going forward.

I think a lot of people are assuming to much when they say Kansas is a good choice due to their BB program. Do not just assume that will stay the program it is today. Couple bad recruiting classes...and with the B12 implosion that could happen....and all the sudden they are real average real fast. Who says they stay on top? If this was our senior year in high school...I would vote them most likely to falter going forward.
Well they have won championships in basketball just as much as Oklahoma has won championships in football in the Big12..

You can never say never but KU will always be a basketball power and I don’t see them faltering in the future..

Well they have won championships in basketball just as much as Oklahoma has won championships in football in the Big12..

You can never say never but KU will always be a basketball power and I don’t see them faltering in the future..

If you're even thinking about inviting them...better do it yesterday because it's going to be tough to stay on top as a baaketball powerhouse in the new Big 12.

if we took usc & ucla, baylor & tcu, florida state & miami...6 teams
we would have a strong recruiting footprint in so. cal, texas and florida.
a guy can dream...

Iowa st and Kansas is like kissing your sister compared to okla and Tex to the sec. heard the only thing that moves the needle is calif pod. USC, UCLA, calif, and Stanford. That would move the needle

Reactions: sandiegohawk
if we took usc & ucla, baylor & tcu, florida state & miami...6 teams
we would have a strong recruiting footprint in so. cal, texas and florida.
a guy can dream...
Any additions will be AAU members..UCLA,USC, Cal and Stanford are and so is Arizona…Don’t believe the B1G would consider Baylor and TCU..

The B12 isn’t going anywhere and why should they? The NCAA legislated the B12 with P5 status, so there is no reason to give that up. We will add teams unless 6 other members are able to move to another P5 conference.
The BigEast was a BCS conference until they weren't

Sorry Charlie. As the dominos fall, the league will go the way of the dinosaur.
Nah, it takes 6 more votes to dissolve. OU & UT will owe $160M, unless they stay 4 more years which is highly unlikely. Members are going to wait it out and most likely bring in others. The media landscape is going to change soon and ESPN will have plenty of competition. This is the reason they are pushing so hard now.

I feel sorry for all the folks whorn and zero u are screwing...but what can a NU fan do? we warned them about whorn and zero u, time and time again...so I guess the best position a Nebraska fan can take at this point is writing hand written letters to a "mr. scott frost", suggesting we need to be MORE THAN READY to get the best recruits isu and ksu will lose...we need to fill that void like yesterday.
I'll take a troy davis or someone like that any day of the week..
Yeah, I mean obviously we are above, “I told ya so” but…

Do we have any faith in Kevin Warren thinking outside the box or does he leave it up to Barry Alvarez to help make decisions…
Man, I’ve had the same thoughts. Just this morning I was thinking I wish that we still had Delaney at the helm with all the going on.

Yeah, I mean obviously we are above, “I told ya so” but…
While your recruiting is not great this year, it has been pretty good in the last number of years. Trying to poach recruits is not a good long term strategy as it appears that recruiting isn’t the problem.

Nah, it takes 6 more votes to dissolve. OU & UT will owe $160M, unless they stay 4 more years which is highly unlikely. Members are going to wait it out and most likely bring in others. The media landscape is going to change soon and ESPN will have plenty of competition. This is the reason they are pushing so hard now.
So only 3 more need to bolt. When the music stops are you going to take a gamble on 3 schools not taking the stability of another league?

Members are not going to "wait it out"...I'm betting every single school has been looking for a lifeline to GTFO since this news broke. I've no doubt several will find one, leaving the rest of you guys up shit creek without a paddle.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Members are not going to "wait it out"...I'm betting every single school has been looking for a lifeline to GTFO since this news broke. I've no doubt several will find one, leaving the rest of you guys up shit creek without a paddle.
UT & OU & ESPN are banking on your type of panic. The cease & desist indicates the conference is thinking otherwise.

So only 3 more need to bolt. When the music stops are you going to take a gamble on 3 schools not taking the stability of another league?
How do you figure? I would believe that the media is wrong on their rumors about 80% of the time or more. They take their own beliefs of what should be done and create rumors of what is happening. Look at society today and all of the false narratives. Accuracy is no longer important in reporting, as they want to get views or clicks. I have gotten emails that specifically allude to this very topic.

How do you figure? I would believe that the media is wrong on their rumors about 80% of the time or more. They take their own beliefs of what should be done and create rumors of what is happening. Look at society today and all of the false narratives. Accuracy is no longer important in reporting, as they want to get views or clicks. I have gotten emails that specifically allude to this very topic.
How do I figure? 10-2 = 8. And 8-3=5. You said 6 is needed to maintain the big 12.

The American already has bigger markets and a stable league that could get a couple of teams to join them, TCU and Tech, Oklahoma St, hell K State.

West Virginia is already on an island, I could see them trying to get into the ACC.

it isn’t hard at all for me to imagine 3 other schools bolting before being left holding the bag of fools gold

How about moving the B12 CCG around instead of just in Texas for one? You've got mile high, arrow head, and St Louis that the game could have rotated through for one thing. Can't imagine the other pro franchises wouldn't want a piece of that action and it might have made all institutions appreciate the conference more regardless of vote. It's hard to argue against a fair rotation.

Huh? The Big 12 CCG was played in KC and St. Louis a combined seven times while NU was in the conference.

How do I figure? 10-2 = 8. And 8-3=5. You said 6 is needed to maintain the big 12.

The American already has bigger markets and a stable league that could get a couple of teams to join them, TCU and Tech, Oklahoma St, hell K State.

West Virginia is already on an island, I could see them trying to get into the ACC.

it isn’t hard at all for me to imagine 3 other schools bolting before being left holding the bag of fools gold
6 more have to vote to dissolve as it takes at least 8 votes. You keep claiming 3 in addition to OU & UT are gone. Show me the other 3 that indicated they will not be renewing the GOR.

What do you have? Other than the fact that 3 other teams haven’t announced they are leaving yet? Come back when you accept your invite to an expanded Conference USA
What a boon it would be for CUSA to get a top 10 program! You guys might need to worry about the B10 trying to shut down football again. Of course Neb could always tell the B10 they are going to play regardless. I am sure they might reconsider if that happens.

Sorry to break it to you, but the Big 12 is dead.

Reactions: wkato
ADVERTISEMENT