ADVERTISEMENT

k-state or iowa state?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
who is more screwed?
isu at least has a aau....but why would Nebraska or iowa want them in the big if they just take Nebraska and iowa recruits?
kansas state is not aau, takes recruits from nebraska & ku, and can't play basketball.

it's a toss up on who's more screwed...but they both voted for everything whorn and zero u wanted..so they kinda ug their own grave.

who is more screwed?
isu at least has a aau....but why would Nebraska or iowa want them in the big if they just take Nebraska and iowa recruits?
kansas state is not aau, takes recruits from nebraska & ku, and can't play basketball.

it's a toss up on who's more screwed...but they both voted for everything whorn and zero u wanted..so they kinda u
Iowa State at least has a chance with the BIG going forward. Better academics, larger enrollment, AAU member, better football and basketball program, much bigger endowment, better campus, their AD is an old associate of Barry Alvarez and the geography makes sense. If it came down to Iowa State and Kansas State for the BIG it's an easy decision.

Last edited:
who is more screwed?

it's a toss up on who's more screwed...but they both voted for everything whorn and zero u wanted..so they kinda ug their own grave.
Um, KSU has a nearly 60% all-time winning % in hoops, has made 13 Elite 8s, and finished 2d once. I think it will take a long time for NU to match those accomplishments.

Um, KSU has a nearly 60% all-time winning % in hoops, has made 13 Elite 8s, and finished 2d once. I think it will take a long time for NU to match those accomplishments.
I meant compared to ku......to me basketball is wrong headed...but for getting in conferances I think ku bball has alot more pull then ksu bball

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Iowa State at least has a chance with the BIG going forward. Better academics, larger enrollment, AAU member, better football and basketball program, much bigger endowment, better campus, their AD is an old associate of Barry Alvarez and the geography makes sense. If it came down to Iowa State and Kansas State for the BIG it's an easy decision.
I feel sorry for all the folks whorn and zero u are screwing...but what can a NU fan do? we warned them about whorn and zero u, time and time again...so I guess the best position a Nebraska fan can take at this point is writing hand written letters to a "mr. scott frost", suggesting we need to be MORE THAN READY to get the best recruits isu and ksu will lose...we need to fill that void like yesterday.
I'll take a troy davis or someone like that any day of the week..

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
I feel sorry for all the folks whorn and zero u are screwing...but what can a NU fan do? we warned them about whorn and zero u, time and time again...so I guess the best position a Nebraska fan can take at this point is writing hand written letters to a "mr. scott frost", suggesting we need to be MORE THAN READY to get the best recruits isu and ksu will lose...we need to fill that void like yesterday.
Well we had an inside track on Breeze Hall and slow played him. Need Frank back to evaluate RB.

I think they are both pretty screwed and I'm an ISU alum. Maybe a puncher's chance at a B1G invite, but if I'm the B1G Commissioner I'm fishing in deeper waters. But its Kevin Warren so maybe :)

I don’t believe Kevin Warren will be in charge of realignment talks/decisions. Those decisions will ultimately be made by President’s/Chancellors.

Reactions: redwine65
I don’t believe Kevin Warren will be in charge of realignment talks/decisions. Those decisions will ultimately be made by President’s/Chancellors.
Delaney where are you? Throw him a million to come in and take care of it. He's gotta have ulcers after watching the s show that has been theb1g since he retired

where's the clown fan? Raising money to pay ransom to massa bevo? Please don't leave, massa bevo -- we''ll leave the money in a McDonalds take-out bag.

Reactions: redwine65
the sad part is ksu and isu are solid football programs. they definitely gave ut a run for their money a time or two.

and alot better than ku on the gridiron.

And what would have your "warning" accomplished?

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Yup I think ISU and KSU and screwed...and I can't help but chuckle a little because they made there own beds.

Reactions: nwualum
Delaney where are you? Throw him a million to come in and take care of it. He's gotta have ulcers after watching the s show that has been theb1g since he retired
Many in the Big Ten were happy to see Delaney leave after he succeeded in pushing Rutgers and Maryland into the tent. Nevertheless, wouldn't hurt to bring him in as a consultant.

Many in the Big Ten were happy to see Delaney leave after he succeeded in pushing Rutgers and Maryland into the tent. Nevertheless, wouldn't hurt to bring him in as a consultant.

He is working as a consultant. The big ten is actively working with a consultant (forgot the name) specifically for conference realignment and Delaney is a part of the group.

Reactions: bowlhawk and nu2u
I keep seeing this, but what other bed was there?
Well looking back maybe they didn't have any real choice. Some of their fans (KSU) came on this board hating on us because we pushed back and refused to kiss the ring . We look pretty smart now and I'm sure those same people are pissed.

He is working as a consultant. The big ten is actively working with a consultant (forgot the name) specifically for conference realignment and Delaney is a part of the group.
I hope so. Maybe somebody can shove some reason into the b1g because Warren wouldn't know his hole from a head in the ground

I am not saying it’s impossible, but I don’t see what either bring to the table in terms of what’s important. Money. Will they increase the shares or dilute the shares? If they dilute them, it doesn’t make any sense to bring them in. And I don’t see how they raise the payouts.

Reactions: American Horse
I'm not saying either are big 10 material...just that isu does have aau....which came in handy for us, so it is something

Well looking back maybe they didn't have any real choice. Some of their fans (KSU) came on this board hating on us because we pushed back and refused to kiss the ring . We look pretty smart now and I'm sure those same people are pissed.
Gotcha, more directed at the fans that trashed talked the B1G move more than the schools having somewhere else to go.

I am not saying it’s impossible, but I don’t see what either bring to the table in terms of what’s important. Money. Will they increase the shares or dilute the shares? If they dilute them, it doesn’t make any sense to bring them in. And I don’t see how they raise the payouts.
Exactly. Many will argue that "KU has BBall...". Doesn't hold a candle to CFB. We're better off raiding the ACC.

Gotcha, more directed at the fans that trashed talked the B1G move more than the schools having somewhere else to go.
ur,pin_large_front,square,600x600.jpg

I’ve speculated enough over the years that I have no idea. So this is just a shot in the dark. That said it doesn’t look good for either school. KSU isn’t AAU so the BIG is not an option. Obviously the SEC is out for both. I can’t imagine the ACC wants to add them, that just dilutes their payouts because they don’t bring enough television revenue. About their only option would be the PAC 12 and I can only see the PAC taking them if they take the rest of the Big 12 with them, but that doesn’t seem likely as I don’t know what long term financial value that actually bring to the PAC. I can see the PAC 12 going to 16 teams and taking Baylor, TCU, TTU and Okie Lite. That gets them to 16, brings in Texas TV revenue and opens up more Texas recruiting. So that could make sense, but bringing KSU and ISU along for the ride doesn’t add much.

As much as I think it would be awesome to raid the ACC and get ND, I think those are extreme long shots. Things may have changed, but my understanding is that the ACC structured buyouts during the last round of realignment to be pretty steep. We’re already footing the bill for Maryland, I don’t know what appetite we would have to foot more of the bulk for others, and disillusion of the ACC seems like a long shot. And with out taking the really big boys of the ACC then IMO ND is off the table. I think the best course of action for the BIG is to come to some sort of a long term agreement with the PAC 12 and negotiate a joint TV deal.

Reactions: bowlhawk
I keep seeing this, but what other bed was there?
How about moving the B12 CCG around instead of just in Texas for one? You've got mile high, arrow head, and St Louis that the game could have rotated through for one thing. Can't imagine the other pro franchises wouldn't want a piece of that action and it might have made all institutions appreciate the conference more regardless of vote. It's hard to argue against a fair rotation.

Sorry, they should just close down ISU.

It's essentially become an engineering university for foreign Chinese students anyway.

How about moving the B12 CCG around instead of just in Texas for one? You've got mile high, arrow head, and St Louis that the game could have rotated through for one thing. Can't imagine the other pro franchises wouldn't want a piece of that action and it might have made all institutions appreciate the conference more regardless of vote. It's hard to argue against a fair rotation.
It did rotate, until Jerry World

who is more screwed?

The state of Iowa is not a recruiting hotbed. In any given year, there may be 5-10 P5 caliber recruits. Because the HS competition level in the state is considered low compared to other states, it becomes risky to take many recruits from there. If Iowa is the main source of recruits for a P5 program, they are in trouble. The Hawkeyes took 11(out of 19) recruits from Iowa in the class that just stepped on campus. That is a recipe for disaster, imo.

To address your other statements, why wouldn’t Neb want ISU in the B10? It would be the easiest road trip for fans on game day.

If a vote ever was made on whether to invite ISU to the B10, I can assure you the answer in Iowa City would be yes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT