ADVERTISEMENT

K-State might be at peace with letting Klieman walk

thall__

Junior
Nov 17, 2022
Consider the Wisconsin situation:
  • fired Paul Chryst, their coach with the highest winning % in their history
  • slow start, wrong side of 50, but still a shocking move to let him go given his success
  • promoted their young, alumnus coordinator as an audition to prevent him being poached
  • being a non-blue blood, its unlikely they'd get him back if he were to go on and have success at a blue blood

Now consider K-State:
  • young, alumnus coordinator in Collin Klein with experience coaching both sides of the ball
  • played and coached under Snyder, is almost like KState's version of Scott Frost without the drinking problem
  • sooner or later, teams are going to come calling, and Klieman will be on the wrong side of 50 as well
  • promote him now, and if he's successful, you're set for the next 30+ years. if you lose him and he finds tremendous success, you probably don't get him back
Klieman has a legit shot at tying Bill Snyder's best win total this year. It's curious that there hasn't been a single beep about him getting a substantial raise if that were the plan. Could it be they view Collin Klein as a more integral piece of their success? Had Scott Frost been OC during some of Bo's better years, I don't think there's a scenario where we would've let him get away, and I have to wonder if K-State money feels the same way.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Given the rumors regarding the state of our search maybe we should offer Klein
the extensions given to Leipold/DeBoer would seem to indicate we reached an agreement with somebody as early as last night

Scott Frost's deal was signed somewhere around November 17-19, the week before UCF played their final game, and announced the day they played in their CCG

Trev definitely has his guy. There is no way he is unprepared at this stage in the game. KSU has potentially 2 more weeks of football, so we could be waiting.

There is a tried and true formula to winning games in this region. Osborne knew it, Snyder knew it and Bohl/Klieman know it. Kudos to you if you nailed this scenario. KSU knows the value of Klein and he is ready for the bump up.

There is much more trust between coach and AD than most situations. It would not be a case where an agent is telling the AD that you need to match $8m from Nebraska today or he's gone. Any raises or extensions won't be announced while they are still playing.

He might have Iowa or ND as a dream job, but I just don't see the current situation at Nebraska being a big draw.

There is much more trust between coach and AD than most situations. It would not be a case where an agent is telling the AD that you need to match $8m from Nebraska today or he's gone. Any raises or extensions won't be announced while they are still playing.

He might have Iowa or ND as a dream job, but I just don't see the current situation at Nebraska being a big draw.
Nobody that isn't an Iowa alumnus considers Iowa a dream job. Even then, the good ones like Bob Stoops recognize that they are clearly a B-tier program.

The draw to Nebraska is unlike any other. Turn them around, and you're a god forever given the performance over the past decade. Doing almost as good as Bill Snyder right after his retirement will always be just that.

Klieman would be a fantastic hire. The connection to Osborne through Craig Bohl coupled with his team's recent success would play well with the fan base. But the bottom line is that this guy is a very good coach. And he's not a guy who did well in the Pacific NW or Florida and is hoping to recruit better athletes than he did previously while using the same recruiting territory.

Klieman would be a fantastic hire. The connection to Osborne through Craig Bohl coupled with his team's recent success would play well with the fan base. But the bottom line is that this guy is a very good coach. And he's not a guy who did well in the Pacific NW or Florida and is hoping to recruit better athletes than he did previously while using the same recruiting territory.

A lot of truth in that statement... we always hear so much about what it takes to win "here" well... this is a guy who's made his career in the plains and proved it can be done...

Whatever you say, dickhead.
WOW you got me there. You really love to see Husker faithful get into full blown panic mode when they realize your program is full of rat poison and NO ONE wants to coach there. Have fun with your 14th option or Mickey Joseph!

Reactions: Purple Reiggn
RollingLaughI love it when taint sniffers come around. Hey cum fart, here is a list of the most valuable football programs, Nebraska is 20th. Want to guess where the Gay St Mildcats are ranked? I’ll save you the time, they aren’t.RollingLaugh

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ia-Ohio-State-Oklahoma-178007658/#178007658_1
Well, there sure is a lot to unpack here. For starters, touting your 20th most valuable program is like saying that your podunk Nebraska town has the "worlds 6th largest ball of twine" or something like that". Second, you admittedly want the coach of the "Gay State Mildcats" (your homophobia is showing btw) sooo......thanks?

>poverty
>pays their HC half of what Nebraska pays a guy to fück off 2 weeks early

there are a lot of things to rag on Nebraska about, but being short on money is not one of them. we will have Klieman if the donors want him.
Poverty as in the state of your piss poor program. You cant just throw money at your problems to fix them. Imagine not being competitive in the B1G West this year....IMAGINE

Well, there sure is a lot to unpack here. For starters, touting your 20th most valuable program is like saying that your podunk Nebraska town has the "worlds 6th largest ball of twine" or something like that". Second, you admittedly want the coach of the "Gay State Mildcats" (your homophobia is showing btw) sooo......thanks?
The world's largest ball of twine is in Kansas.

Poverty as in the state of your piss poor program. You cant just throw money at your problems to fix them. Imagine not being competitive in the B1G West this year....IMAGINE
throwing money is actually exactly what you do. worked for USC, worked for LSU. nice platitude though.

also, Illinois would steamroll the Big 12 this year. best team in the Big 12, TCU, would be middle of the pack in the Big 10.

Now I am confused I thought Bill Synder's best year was 11-1 with the loss being to the last great Nebraska team?

Maybe I am misunderstanding something?
that's why I said win total. State has never eclipsed 11 wins, and they have a chance to get to 11 this year, but will most likely be 9 or 10.

Imagine living on the message board of a team that has owned you since the beginning of time, because you are afraid they will take your coach and know they can if they want to.

Well let me unpack it for you.

1) Nobody wants your JV coach, especially Nebraska.
2) Since when is stating a fact a phobia? You guys are gay, nothing wrong with that, just a fact.
3) Thanks for letting us know that you don’t know how money works. Being the 20th most valuable program out of 131 FBS programs means we have resources that you don’t.

When was the last time the Mildcats beat Nebraska. 2004, then we won the next 6 before the series ended. Nebraska holds the series advantage 78-15-2, run along now little sister.

Last edited:
They don’t understand their place yet. Hello new Minnesota! Wait, that already happened a looong time ago. Keep looking at the brand value. If you believe that report, we are actually behind Nub only a few spots, which all know, outside your tiny axx county, is crashing fast. Even OU smoked your last place team. They suck this year. Understand yet.

CK has too much happening with a REAL CULTURE and likely 4 QBs in the room; 2 with NFL potential. WTH would he want with a trash heap? I am sad to say that because prior to this century you have a lot of successful years listed in the stadium. When I was there, don’t think there were any with a 2 as a first number.

IF we back test how many times KSU makes the new playoffs = 8 times ranking 11th. Nub makes it in at # 25+ with 4 times. Not sure about 2015, but I will give you 1 victory.

You are NOT KSU. Get a flipping life! I know, most of the homers on here didn’t even graduate from Nub. But come the hell on!

They don’t understand their place yet. Hello new Minnesota! Wait, that already happened a looong time ago. Keep looking at the brand value. If you believe that report, we are actually behind Nub only a few spots, which all know, outside your tiny axx county, is crashing fast. Even OU smoked your last place team. They suck this year. Understand yet.

CK has too much happening with a REAL CULTURE and likely 4 QBs in the room; 2 with NFL potential. WTH would he want with a trash heap? I am sad to say that because prior to this century you have a lot of successful years listed in the stadium. When I was there, don’t think there were any with a 2 as a first number.

IF we back test how many times KSU makes the new playoffs = 8 times ranking 11th. Nub makes it in at # 25+ with 4 times. Not sure about 2015, but I will give you 1 victory.

You are NOT KSU. Get a flipping life! I know, most of the homers on here didn’t even graduate from Nub. But come the hell on!
Triggered!

You sure wasted a lot of time writing that laughable drivel. Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT