ADVERTISEMENT

K. Greene in transfer portal.

Stanford was expecting Frost to be in competition for the QB position

"When Tyrone Willingham was named Stanford's new head football coach, he expected to have three quarterbacks battling for the starting job in the spring. That number has been reduced to two, now that sophomore Scott Frost has left school and returned home to Wood River, Neb"

do people recall if Gebbia had the honor and decency to notify Frost or at least Verduzco of his intention to transfer?
JC dude what's your problem? Huge difference is Frost left in the winter rather than a week before the season. Other difference is Frost came to the good guys instead of leaving.

JC dude what's your problem? Huge difference is Frost left in the winter rather than a week before the season. Other difference is Frost came to the good guys instead of leaving.

the timing of when one chooses to leave has no relevance on whether or not one mans up and speaks to your coaches about your decision like an adult

if you are leaving a job, a team, etc for another opportunity you speak with your up line

the timing of when one chooses to leave has no relevance on whether or not one mans up and speaks to your coaches about your decision like an adult
Who knows if that's even true or not? And frankly I don't really care. Frost came here and won a national title. I don't care how he got here or what happened before that.

Who knows if that's even true or not? And frankly I don't really care. Frost came here and won a national title. I don't care how he got here or what happened before that.

So as long as you perceive a move to be upward there is no reason for common decency. Heck of a life lesson.

so you would tell Fidone and all other local kids not to go to nebraska?
That’s a bit of a reach there isn’t it? Heck I’m not even sure how you came to that conclusion from what I said but I suppose I’ll entertain your logic here and say No, id encourage my kids to make a choice that fits them, make a choice that the kid feels is best for them, list their reasons of why it fits them and then remind my kid of the reasons he choose said school if they time came that they got home sick, I would not push my kids to stick close to home and I would not push them to go far away, I’d push them to do what’s best for them, regardless of what that means to me

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I would rather a kid realize he was home sick and it wasn't going to work out right away than after 2 years
look I do understand where you’re coming from but how do you know if it’s not going to work out after only a few months? I’ll state it again maybe it’s for the best only he knows, and from some of your other responses you’re correct we don’t know for sure what role his parents played, but I will say with absolute certainty that leaving only after a few months says that he knew for sure it wasn’t going to work out... again I speak from experience trust me when I say I wanted to give in to being homesick wrap it up and go home... 16 and a half years later I’m so thankful that my parents pushed me to do what was best for me when I didn’t even know what was best for me, I’m thankful that my parents put my needs before their own wants.... as a young adult you have to learn to face adversity and push through the suck, he didn’t do that, and he didn’t even give it a shot... again I don’t blame him and I hope things work out for him because as it’s been stated he was probably one of the more exciting prospects he signed I was excited to see him play, but he showed there that he may not be able to push through adversity, and he needs to learn to do that in order to succeed on the field... I personally don’t remember much of the Scott Frost ordeal but I would say where it was different is he did give it two years, and couldn’t get past it, he didn’t transfer to a FAU or lower division he transferred to a bigger football school where he was still going to have to fight for a spot and still succeeded... I think that warrants a little consideration... again I hope this kid succeeds I really do

I guess I look at all of this a bit differently.

Ran a private school of about 200 and I quickly learned that parents often pulled their kids out at some point along the way. Just before Kindergarten, middle school, high school. It always bothered me to lose those kids and families but I soon realized there wasn't anything I could do about it.

I don't know and don't really care why each one left. I can't do anything about it. I have to assume the coaches evaluate every single thing they do from recruiting kids from sea to shining sea, their life in Lincoln, lifestyle changes, college challenges, and just being away from home. They will have to figure out what they could have done differently and fix it if it is fixable.

I am going to guess that Frost and Co. didn't have this kind of problem at UCF as most recruits came from the area/state and home was a quick trip away. I could drive myself crazy thinking about why they left and reading the bulletin board material only heightens that confusion. Whatever the reason, the administration and coaching staff has to deal with it and understand what is going on.

Shoot, maybe it isn't even as much of a problem as some think, I have nothing to compare to. Either way, while is stinks to lose these guys, it is part of the process for players and coaches to improve the retention.
The new norm with the transfer portal. Without it they tend to stick with it. Also kids might not do as much homework before committing knowing they can transfer if they don't like it.

The new norm with the transfer portal. Without it they tend to stick with it. Also kids might not do as much homework before committing knowing they can transfer if they don't like it.

This kid seems to like to make quick decisions. If I am not mistaken, committed to Nebraska sight unseen. Then 2 or 3 days after getting in the portal, commits to Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: huskerfan66
This kid seems to like to make quick decisions. If I am not mistaken, committed to Nebraska sight unseen. Then 2 or 3 days after getting in the portal, commits to Florida Atlantic.

Actually Greene did Officially visit. He committed a few days after he got back from the official. But he did pick Florida Atlantic pretty quick. If I didn’t know any better, it seems like he already had that placed lined up and ready to go before he even said he was transferring from the Huskers.

That’s a bit of a reach there isn’t it? Heck I’m not even sure how you came to that conclusion from what I said but I suppose I’ll entertain your logic here and say No, id encourage my kids to make a choice that fits them, make a choice that the kid feels is best for them, list their reasons of why it fits them and then remind my kid of the reasons he choose said school if they time came that they got home sick, I would not push my kids to stick close to home and I would not push them to go far away, I’d push them to do what’s best for them, regardless of what that means to me
well even Frost tells the out of state recruits they should leave their own state if they want to fully meet their personal potential. Thats what a couple of the AZ recruits stated almost word for word a year ago. Of course, he would not say that to local kids who he encourages to stay home and limit their personal growth.

well even Frost tells the out of state recruits they should leave their own state if they want to fully meet their personal potential. Thats what a couple of the AZ recruits stated almost word for word a year ago. Of course, he would not say that to local kids who he encourages to stay home and limit their personal growth.
Are you actually this stupid, to not know the differences in recruiting that occurs inside and outside the 500 mile radius?!?!

I bet you think Frost is the only coach to ever tell out of state kids to leave their state to maximize their potential, while also telling in state recruits that we can maximize your potential here.

You need to either grow a brain or get off the board. And since the former isn’t possible, just get off the board.

Last edited:
Ok well first please show me quotes where Frost is telling kids to leave, I’m genuinely interested because I never heard that... second so what? Again you’re pulling random “quotes” to try to support Argument, and I’m not even sure what you’re arguing... I simply stated that parents should remain neutral when helping a kid decide where to go for college, the kid needs to know what’s best for him... you took that and came running in from way out there in right field with some logic that was way off base and now you’re supporting that with what HCSF is supposedly telling kids.... and I’d venture to guess most coaches tell the kids to leave home and see the world 🙄🤦‍♂️

Yep. You would think a 4* would be able to do better than fau

ADVERTISEMENT