ADVERTISEMENT

K. Greene in transfer portal.

I mean at some point maybe you question the shotgun approach Frost takes in recruiting. If you’re recruiting nationally you want to spend the time doing up front diligence on guys, making sure they’re good fits (on and off the field), and that they’re not gonna bolt at the first instance of adversity.

Yep, this is totally on Scott Frost and Co....
:rolleyes::mad:

You know what pisses me off?? The B1G either didn't know this would happen, which makes them morons, or didn't care, which makes them morons.
I think it's both. Because the people that made the decision, imo, and I stated from day one was a knee jerk reaction; wouldn't know their hole from a head in the ground. Know nothing about athletes and athletics

Who knows what these kids are hearing on social media in today’s world, maybe the recruiting never stops, some of these assistants are pretty slimy like zac Smith they get a offer of under the table cash sec style

You just can’t help yourself, can you? You tried, for about 2 weeks, to be positive, but you couldn’t do it.

This is who you really are. Sorry you can’t enjoy being a fan, but are more comfortable being a turd in the punch bowl.

so odd ..... because you liked the post in which I was referring .... about recruiting kids with married parents (that are also conservative)

"Remember when Frost said he planned to recruit kids who loved football? He found those kids.

I also remember frost commenting on getting certain type of kids with faith and a good family. Call me crazy, but the amount of kids on the current roster with married parents (that are also conservatives) is far higher than the last 5 years or so. Team maturity will rise with this trend."

9 BigRedRising, Aug 27, 2020
Like + Quote Reply
OzzyLvr, bshirt73 and timnsun like this

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/our-players-are-now-filing-a-lawsuit.273552/

Reactions: solarpanels
That is three 4 stars from the 2020 class

is anyone keeping track of high profile attrition from other big ten schools?
does anyone know the marital status of his parents and their political leanings?
Tell me you aren’t stirring the pot here. You are the biggest turd in the punch bowl this board has ever seen. Hands down.

One would sure love to know wtf is happening to make 3 kids who are 4* signees quit the team without even playing in a single game. That ain't gonna get it.

I’m thinking they saw our crappy record and thought “I can come and play right away”. Then after going through War Daddy’s workouts and matching up against legit D1 guys, and Kevin Warren pulling his shenanigans they thought “Nah, I’ll take my talents to Florida Atlantic”.

Not good when you are trending towards losing more 4 stars before they take the field than wins in two years.

We have already experienced what Frost and his buddies bring to the table with mediocre talent. Can’t say he’s bringing in enough talent to get us back to winning ways.
We've got to win with what we have. I think we have enough talent to do that.

Surprised this took so long to get out. I Spoke with someone in Tallahassee about a month ago (who spoke with his mom) - said he was back home then. This Had nothing to do with big 10. Home sick / family wanting him home / surprised he went out of state to begin with.

Can’t blame the kid if he was that homesick... Good to know it wasn’t how bad the Big10 is handling the not playing attitude..

I wonder if a "normal" year would have made any difference for these kids. It seems like when the first one started, the ball started rolling unfortunately. We seem to have had a pandemic of homesickness this year.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Can’t blame the kid if he was that homesick... Good to know it wasn’t how bad the Big10 is handling the not playing attitude..
if he really left over a month ago and he was really that homesick then it’s probably for the best for him... I would say though not playing and not having camp and football activities probably makes a lot more of these kids homesick... I know when I joined the military and was in basic I was too busy to be homesick, however as soon as I got to my advanced training for my job and had a little more down time that was when I got homesick, lucky for me I couldn’t just pack up and go home, as a young man that has asperarstions to play at the next level you have to, and I repeat you HAVE TO push through the suck, and each day you spend away from home the easier it gets... but it starts with keeping these kids active and giving them something else to focus on other then how much they miss home

Last edited:
It does make you wonder if everything was going on like normal (normal camps, practices and preparation for game time) if things would have been different or at least helped some? I seem a few mention it and it’s a good point. When your basically doing very little and then hearing about others doing it....that can not help. Not even a little bit. Just sucks on Greene. Oh well....what can we do?

That is three 4 stars from the 2020 class

is anyone keeping track of high profile attrition from other big ten schools?
Three 4 stars on paper maybe, but from what I heard only one of them looked like a four star (Greene) when they got to campus. This one hurts much worse.

Reactions: scarletred
One would sure love to know wtf is happening to make 3 kids who are 4* signees quit the team without even playing in a single game. That ain't gonna get it.

This was an epic ‘failure’ to lose three 4*s so soon, but as for blame:
1. I think Gray was actually solid with us and take him at his word that he had a legitimate family issue= why he’s at Florida International close to home. I’d call this bad luck / Husker curse.
2. Francois was drama from signing day, and there was never much feeling that he was solid. I don’t mean this to be harsh towards a teen, but I think this falls closer to the “weak-minded” scenario. He’s at UCF- maybe so he can stay closer to him mom or whatever and not push through any adversity like adjusting to a new environment or maybe even competing for playing time. Just presumptions.
3. I think even coaches seemed surprised by Greene’s commitment and I get the impression we were more of a random choice rather than really having a strong relationship. Covid/B1G probably played a role, but who knows? Homesick and whatnot... blah.
4. An overarching theme despite every unique situation is that coaches simply need to do better building a tighter bond with their players so that the player cannot fathom leaving their coach and teammates. Our LB room is a little odd right now for example, and I could imagine Greene not feeling like he fit in well or had good peer leaders.
I’m certainly not blaming coaches for every scenario, but it’s something they need to be mindful of to stop the bleeding of unwanted attrition. They also may do everything in their power and some kids just don’t take to it.

Stating the obvious, but it's amazing how the recruiting situation has changed recently. You really can't get too excited these days even about signing day when so many prominent recruits leave before they even get to a real game. This lack of decisiveness or commitment to stick with an earlier decision is stunning.

Stating the obvious, but it's amazing how the recruiting situation has changed recently. You really can't get too excited these days even about signing day when so many prominent recruits leave before they even get to a real game. This lack of decisiveness or commitment to stick with an earlier decision is stunning.
every school loses several players from each recruiting class. this might have been earlier than normal but that gives the coaches time to replace them quicker. to me the only interesting thing about it is where the kids are all from is kinda similar. did i see a stat last year someone posted from the registrar office that 75% of scholarship athletes from GA or FL that commit to neb never graduate from neb? was that legit or made up? im not sure if they presented a time frame on that.

I think Bill Moos and Coach Frost need to add palm trees and import sand to the designs for the front entrance of the new athletic facility. Ocean breeze music needs to be played all around campus. They could add a water park with a wave pool next to the outdoor practice fields.

Maybe that would help “Nebraska” feel more like home. Winking

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
I’m thinking they saw our crappy record and thought “I can come and play right away”. Then after going through War Daddy’s workouts and matching up against legit D1 guys, and Kevin Warren pulling his shenanigans they thought “Nah, I’ll take my talents to Florida Atlantic”.
We have legit d1 guys?

big if true

For those keeping count, Frost has lost Darian Chase (2019 Washington), Henry Gray (2020 Florida), Jaiden Francois (2020 Florida), GAINED Nadab Joseph (2020 Florida) and now KeShawn Greene (2020 Florida). That’s 1 from the 2019 class and 2 from the 2020 class (I don’t say 3 because Top 100 DB Nadab Joseph more then replaces either Jaiden or Henry, take your pick) Making it a total of 3 players lost.

So he’s not hitting a bad percentage considering there are a grand total of 51 recruits that are still here out of 54 total (2019-2020). And no, I don’t consider 2018 class 100% his considering he was only here for a month or two?

Outside that, I’m not touching this topic again about K Greene.

Last edited:
Surprised this took so long to get out. I Spoke with someone in Tallahassee about a month ago (who spoke with his mom) - said he was back home then. This Had nothing to do with big 10. Home sick / family wanting him home / surprised he went out of state to begin with.
I posted several months ago that there were going to be a lot of kids re-examining their college choices and choosing to move closer to home due to COVID. I'm not sure COVID had anything to do with it but not being busy with fall camp sure didn't help anything. WAY too much time to think and not much to do socially.

Last edited:
I think Bill Moos and Coach Frost need to add palm trees and import sand to the designs for the front entrance of the new athletic facility. Ocean breeze music needs to be played all around campus. They could add a water park with a wave pool next to the outdoor practice fields.

Maybe that would help “Nebraska” feel more like home. Winking
More like they need to find Mama a nice house and good job in Lincoln. It worked for USC.

So, among other things, isn’t Ron Brown’s role on this staff to prevent just this very thing? Of course there are a ton of external circumstances that I’m sure are having some impact on these guys choosing to move on, but maybe, just maybe Coach Brown’s role as mentor/role model is no longer effective as maybe it has been.
I’m not looking it up, but what other schools in the B1G have lost players to the transfer portal in the last 8 months that had not yet completed 1 year of college eligibility?
IMO, this is a big issue and speaks to some existing internal process that must be addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT