ADVERTISEMENT

Just sayin

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Nov 29, 2018
might get a little heat for this, and it may not be exact.....but frosts husker vision, (wisconsin’s offense with a touch of spread) is taking it to the Buckeyes right now. Won’t comment on defense but the frost offense will work against the best in the big ten, given due time of course. Maybe the real big red should try that under center thing? See what happens?

might get a little heat for this, and it may not be exact.....but frosts husker vision, (wisconsin’s offense with a touch of spread) is taking it to the Buckeyes right now. Won’t comment on defense but the frost offense will work against the best in the big ten, given due time of course. Maybe the real big red should try that under center thing? See what happens?
Frost's offense is nothing like Wisconsin.

Like I said, will catch a little heat for those statements. Based on what frost has said he wants to do though, the similarities are certainly there. In my opinion, at least

Ive seen short bubble passes all day... they work if executed... we just need some play makers. I love how everyone on this board jumps on frost bubble/screen screen passes all day and complain about the oline.. heres the deal our oline sucked for most of the year... the best way to help our more than struggling oline is to swing pass out to a wr.. or rb.. bubble screens..let them break a big one worked when a guy like wandale got his hands on the ball! im just saying Frost knows what hes doing he does need some playmakers to get it done.. i think we will get them.

I'm not real sure what you are trying to say. Is it that Nebraska needs to look more like Wisconsin or that Frost is already heading there?

Right now I see zero resemblance between what Frost is doing versus what Wisconsin does.

Reactions: HuskredO1
I do wish Frost would run more jet sweeps/motion. I don’t see much of that in our offense and I think we could use it. So much you can do with it. Coan used it to run 15 yards in a read option with jet motion

Last edited:
Sorry - the real Big Red was hijacked by Wisconsin years ago. We have not been in the same zip code of accomplishments since.

I'm not real sure what you are trying to say. Is it that Nebraska needs to look more like Wisconsin or that Frost is already heading there?

Right now I see zero resemblance between what Frost is doing versus what Wisconsin does.
well Wisconsin was competitive. We got destroyed. Not to many similarities there.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Other than the offense imploding in the second half and pissing the game away (like at Colorado), there are no similarities. It is not difficult to envision having the fastest, strongest, and toughest team being the most successful.

Look I’m a little drunk. All I was saying is that when frost gets what he wants, it’ll look like a combo of the two. I was also trying to drive home the point that the ground and pound still works in today’s college football, and Wisconsin is a strong example of that. It’s just very satisfying to see Wisconsin go about their business against an elite team while there are some people that say that old husker football offense can’t work anymore. And now I’m rambling. Goodnight world

When and if Scott get's what he want's. Let's hope the production on the field thus far, is not want he want's. Because he has not made the most of what he does not want so far. And I am drunk as well. But not THAT drunk.

Good Lord.. Anything to make you feel good, even if it's completely wrong. There's a team on the field that is similar to our offense, but you picked the wrong one. We have much more similarity to Ohio State's offense than Wisconsin's.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
After looking back at this thread and my original post, it was more of an emotional trigger to it being super satisfying watching Wisconsin do whatever they wanted with Ohio state offensively in the first half. Just hope i can see Nebraska doing that at some point during frosts tenure like probably many of you saw during Osborne’s tenure. I’ll take the loss on this one. Have a nice Sunday everyone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT