ADVERTISEMENT

Just how political is B1G football?

See the mod post stating the forum is allowing political banter. Soft snitch. Gtfo if you dont like it.

Never said it wasn't allowed. LOL. Sorry you're so triggerd brah. I'll stay right here on a free Husker message board posting as I please. Good day sir. #gbr

My life as a white male has never really been impacted too much by whomever is running the country. Not a whole lot changes either way. It just seems that discourse has changed in a way that is super negative trend. Bigotry and racism have always been part of our country but they certainly have been emboldened in the last few years. Dont even start with the Qanon crazies who think Trump (same guy who had sex with a 13 year old) is here to save the children while Clinton was running a pedo ring form a pizza place. Mental health is at an all-time low. I try to travel internationally once a year and the one thing that definitely has changed is our image. We as a country are seen as a laughingstock by almost all I had contact with. My goal actually is to be able to retire and travel 3-4 months a year just to be immersed in other cultures.

Quit living your life through the lens of MSNBC.

Mental health is at an all time low because of the leftist-led lockdowns, 40 million Americans out of work for a bunch of leftist led panic and fear.

My life as a white male has never really been impacted too much by whomever is running the country. Not a whole lot changes either way. It just seems that discourse has changed in a way that is super negative trend. Bigotry and racism have always been part of our country but they certainly have been emboldened in the last few years. Dont even start with the Qanon crazies who think Trump (same guy who had sex with a 13 year old) is here to save the children while Clinton was running a pedo ring form a pizza place. Mental health is at an all-time low. I try to travel internationally once a year and the one thing that definitely has changed is our image. We as a country are seen as a laughingstock by almost all I had contact with. My goal actually is to be able to retire and travel 3-4 months a year just to be immersed in other cultures.
Don't know where you travel or the kind of people you meet. I travel outside the US for most of the year and I have never had a foreign tell me to my face the US is a laughingstock. I can tell you I would debate any crap talk like that with anyone anywhere. There is not one single country that is a better place to call home than the good old USA.

Don't know where you travel or the kind of people you meet. I travel outside the US for most of the year and I have never had a foreign tell me to my face the US is a laughingstock. I can tell you I would debate any crap talk like that with anyone anywhere. There is not one single country that is a better place to call home than the good old USA.

Damn straight.

After leaving California I was a field service tech for a long time and always flying to Australia, Philippines, almost everywhere in S. America, ect, etc. "Nobody" I ever met even remotely stated the USA was a laughingstock. I think somebody is dreaming up some mindless snowflake horsesh*t.

Its Trump....every time during a conversation they eventually bring up Trump and what were we thinking? I just say the majority of people that voted didnt vote for him and he doesnt represent what our country is really about. In almost every country I was in last summer (11 of them) there were plenty of shirts making fun. I do realize thats as much about making a buck of tourists too. Hell even in Palestine there was anti Trump graffiti. He is the face of it though and thats a bummer.

Its Trump....every time during a conversation they eventually bring up Trump and what were we thinking? I just say the majority of people that voted didnt vote for him and he doesnt represent what our country is really about. In almost every country I was in last summer (11 of them) there were plenty of shirts making fun. I do realize thats as much about making a buck of tourists too. Hell even in Palestine there was anti Trump graffiti. He is the face of it though and thats a bummer.

Oh yeah, lucky for you snowflakes that you have Dementia Joe to save the USA! :rolleyes:

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Oh yeah, lucky for you snowflakes that you have Dementia Joe to save the USA! :rolleyes:
Appreciate the name calling. He isnt the answer either. We have 2 really bad choices just like 2016. Both should be disqualified based on the sexual misconduct allegations, age, and heath issues. We can do better. I would hope you would want better as well.

take care

Reactions: zrob and gw2kpro
It's funny because my in-laws from and some still in a former Soviet block country love what Trump is doing policy wise. They love his blunt unfiltered speech. They don't care for his personality but support his policies 100%. I'm surprised that you're surprised there would be anti-Trump graffiti in Palestine. Trump quit bending over for them and supports Israel probably more than any recent U.S. President.

Appreciate the name calling. He isnt the answer either. We have 2 really bad choices just like 2016. Both should be disqualified based on the sexual misconduct allegations, age, and heath issues. We can do better. I would hope you would want better as well.

take care
IF we're going to start disqualifying people based on decades old sexual misconduct allegations, there won't be many left to run. A few, but not many and even they wouldn't be safe from "allegations". How about Kamala? She was banging a married Willie Brown in his limo back in the day. Some ways of climbing the political ladder haven't changed....not that there's anything wrong with that.:cool: I'm betting she was a pretty wild time in her youth what with all of the drug use and all. See my point?

Sadly, in the current state of the political landscape, I am not sure the best and the brightest are entering the political world.

take care

I don't consider stating you're a snowflake to be any kind of "name calling". It's simply the truth.

However, I am impressed with your basic kindness. So maybe there is hope....

IF we're going to start disqualifying people based on decades old sexual misconduct allegations, there won't be many left to run. A few, but not many and even they wouldn't be safe from "allegations". How about Kamala? She was banging a married Willie Brown in his limo back in the day. Some ways of climbing the political ladder haven't changed....not that there's anything wrong with that.:cool: I'm betting she was a pretty wild time in her youth what with all of the drug use and all. See my point?
I mean that seems pretty sleezy but also consentually sleezy...which is also a great way to describe our political process in general. Maybe I am overly simple but when it comes President I usually vote for someone if they seem like a decent human who I feel like has the best interests of the country. It part of the reason I wrote in Theo Epstein in 2016. Whomever is President wont impact me much if any at all. Do I think you're a decent human ? Thats about all it takes. Its why I never voted for Clinton and I voted for Bush. I lived in Texas during most of the bush years and I knew people that had personal interactions with him and his family at the property. Seemed like a good guy. Thats all it took. I am certainly rooting for the Big 10 to come to their senses and if the WH helps then I am all for it.

Reactions: zrob and Sinomatic
We have used mail in voting for over a century but now it will be manipulated....sure....thats just not a thing thats going to happen. Election day should absolutely be a national holiday to try to get as many as possible to have the opportunity to vote.

I had this same discussion with some people recently. The reason for not voting was time off. But they can get their hair don, nails, take kids to practice, Dr apts, you name it. The polls are open for 12 hours! As citizens of this great country if we can't take 20 minutes and vote in person then we are in more trouble.

We have voted absentee ballots in our system but not in a mass scale. It is just rip for abuse that we have already seen examples of. Start at square 1 and follow it through every step, land mines everywhere.

I am going to guess that many employees allow time off to go vote as well. Lots of excuses but few are valid in my opinion.

I find it interesting that the left screams about the last election being "stolen" and yet they are willing to compromise this one.

I guess it is the eye of the beholder. My family travels quite a bit overseas and I guess I don't see that we are seen as a laughing stock. They sometimes mention what a character Trump is, but otherwise we have a pretty good time and a lot of them gush over the fact that I am able to drive a "big powerful truck". I agree bigotry and racism have been a part of our country, but I'm not sure it is bad as stated. This isn't 1960 Jim Crow times. As much attention as police shootings have gotten of black folks, if you really dive into it I think the numbers it is a pretty small list (under 30) and I think if you dive down further you would see that like under 10 probably have no justification. Watching the media you would think 30 a day were getting gunned down by cops. But whatever, it's fine to have differing opinions and I appreciate the response. Cheers.

We have friends who live in different countries. The news feeds going to most of these countries is CNN and intentionally makes trump and our country look bad. Our friends in New Zealand just laugh when I ask them about it. They say you just have see what they see and are told all the time.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Maybe I do underestimate it. However, I'm glad it's difficult. I'm glad there's challenges. I grew up poor and now have a nice house, nice job, and a nice family that I've built. I can speak from experience.

Yes, there are people with single parents and low income with way more challenges than even I faced. But the government isn't going to help that. The only way to rise above that is to do it yourself.
Gov isn't going to help that? Tell that to the millions of folks who would be living in poverty if it weren't for Social Security, Food Stamps, Public Schools, etc. The idea that Gov doesn't help anyone, or the Gov is the enemy, is ludicrous. You out yourself as a non-serious person when you spout rhetoric like that.

Reactions: zrob and bshirt73
Passionate liar.

Gov isn't going to help that? Tell that to the millions of folks who would be living in poverty if it weren't for Social Security, Food Stamps, Public Schools, etc. The idea that Gov doesn't help anyone, or the Gov is the enemy, is ludicrous. You out yourself as a non-serious person when you spout rhetoric like that.

If you’re reliant on the government, you’re losing

that’s what I said. And it’s truth.

the other crap you said is just you constructing a strawman to bolster your pathetic stance

When you can get more money/resources from the government than you can holding a job, that’s a problem.

But then again, the only reason you are here is to stir the pot, isn’t it? Certainly not a husker fan...

Sadly, in the current state of the political landscape, I am not sure the best and the brightest are entering the political world.
I know ONE U.S senator who is as great of a guy as anyone anybody could hope to meet. He ran originally for the Senate because people begged him to run and he flies home virtually every weekend to be with his family. Regularly attends high school and college events in his home state. Lives in his office in D.C. during the week. Hates D.C. Hates the process. Really doesn't like Trump but agrees with most of his policies. Feels an obligation to be a voice of reason and representative of his state. His family were all Democrats and they all switched 4-5 decades ago because of the direction the party was taking. Great man. Probably won't ever get a shot to be President and he's said he wouldn't want to. IF he ever ran, it would only be because people begged him to do it and he thought he owed it to this great country.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I know ONE U.S senator who is as great of a guy as anyone anybody could hope to meet. He ran originally for the Senate because people begged him to run and he flies home virtually every weekend to be with his family. Regularly attends high school and college events in his home state. Lives in his office in D.C. during the week. Hates D.C. Hates the process. Really doesn't like Trump but agrees with most of his policies. Feels an obligation to be a voice of reason and representative of his state. His family were all Democrats and they all switched 4-5 decades ago because of the direction the party was taking. Great man. Probably won't ever get a shot to be President and he's said he wouldn't want to. IF he ever ran, it would only be because people begged him to do it and he thought he owed it to this great country.

Always an outlier

Reactions: dinglefritz
Always an outlier
The good news he's a fairly powerful guy, good listener and a voice of reason. Now if they just had a similar figure on the other side of the aisle who shared his qualities. Instead all they have is flame throwers.

And would probably win in a landslide if he ran.

Well you are wrong. Trump represents you and me and the whole country. Trump received the majority of electoral college votes which is how we elect a president. Foreign are jealous the US economy is so much stronger then it's been in decades.

you pay into Social Security during your working years and it's your money.

Reactions: bshirt73
I mean this seems credible ....As far as a beheading goes I mean I guess thats in play in the Middle East but hiring guides goes a long way in keeping ones head attached to ones torso

I apologize if I’ve missed the answer to this. The “credible” piece on President Trump isn’t found on either the CNN or PMSNBC websites and Snopes (the very conservative fact checking group) seems to question it’s validity. I would suspect that something of this nature would be shouted from the mountaintops by either one or both of those “news” outlets. I see the website link but I wonder where/how you found out about this? It seems very questionable at best.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I apologize if I’ve missed the answer to this. The “credible” piece on President Trump isn’t found on either the CNN or PMSNBC websites and Snopes (the very conservative fact checking group) seems to question it’s validity. I would suspect that something of this nature would be shouted from the mountaintops by either one or both of those “news” outlets. I see the website link but I wonder where/how you found out about this? It seems very questionable at best.

you pay into Social Security during your working years and it's your money.
Hilarious. By your definition, there is no such thing as a Gov program because they are all tax funded. Hey Mr Rugged Individualism Boot Strap puller, you shitting in your own septic tank or are you living off the Gov teat w municipal wastewater? If you have a septic tank, you prob farm, in which case u might be the biggest hypocrite ever considering farmers and Gov programs.

man, I’m praying the right people can beg this paragon of humility to run someday. Sounds like a real champ. If you are gonna spin fairytales, have the good sense to be creative or maybe interesting. Really doesn’t like Trump but likes most policies seems like a real winner. Virtuous.

Hilarious. By your definition, there is no such thing as a Gov program because they are all tax funded. Hey Mr Rugged Individualism Boot Strap puller, you shitting in your own septic tank or are you living off the Gov teat w municipal wastewater? If you have a septic tank, you prob farm, in which case u might be the biggest hypocrite ever considering farmers and Gov programs.
It's not my definition you can go back to playing with your Barbies

man, I’m praying the right people can beg this paragon of humility to run someday. Sounds like a real champ. If you are gonna spin fairytales, have the good sense to be creative or maybe interesting. Really doesn’t like Trump but likes most policies seems like a real winner. Virtuous.

Do any of the ads really matter. Trumps base is gonna vote for him no matter what and Bidens folks will vote for him. I don't see Trump gaining voters from 16 but nothing would surprise me at this point. Our country is in a bad place either way
b10 did think they could affect the election with this. from june 15
https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-bi...kevin-warren-wants-to-find-out-180131201.html

Can the Big Ten swing a presidential election? Kevin Warren wants to find out

b10 did think they could affect the election with this. from june 15
https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-bi...kevin-warren-wants-to-find-out-180131201.html

Can the Big Ten swing a presidential election? Kevin Warren wants to find out

I'm all about fake news, but, this headline doesn't fit the story. The story is about voting and being informed, which are all good things. I think everyone should be informed and make their own decisions. If the majority of people in this country are going to decide that I don't deserve to live in the house I'm living in or own the things I currently own, then who am I to argue?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT