ADVERTISEMENT

Just got back from the gym this morning...

OGC.0d47252050c147e56b73d6a0ad89bbba

I would like to see you play any of these kids one on one.
I don’t think the point he was making is that he could beat them one on one. He made a good percentage of his free throws. If Neb even makes 50 percent of their free throws the other day they win easily without OT. The Huskers are a horrible free throw shooting team. Watch the boys state tournament finals (and those kids will be going through stress for 16-17 year olds) and I’d be quite surprised if any team in the finals whether it be a Class A school or a Class D2 school shoots that poorly. What was Neb the other day...like 8 of 30? Middle school boys shoot a higher percentage than that.

I don’t think the point he was making is that he could beat them one on one. He made a good percentage of his free throws. If Neb even makes 50 percent of their free throws the other day they win easily without OT. The Huskers are a horrible free throw shooting team. Watch the boys state tournament finals (and those kids will be going through stress for 16-17 year olds) and I’d be quite surprised if any team in the finals whether it be a Class A school or a Class D2 school shoots that poorly. What was Neb the other day...like 8 of 30? Middle school boys shoot a higher percentage than that.
My point is that someone going to the gym and making 28/30 free throws don’t have anything to do with how Nebraska did Sunday. I am sure there is going to be some high school teams score more points than Nebraska did Sunday. I agree with that was terrible shooting and it did cost them the game. With this team nothing surprises me.

My point is that someone going to the gym and making 28/30 free throws don’t have anything to do with how Nebraska did Sunday. I am sure there is going to be some high school teams score more points than Nebraska did Sunday. I agree with that was terrible shooting and it did cost them the game. With this team nothing surprises me.
Not talking shooting in general...talking free throws. 8 of 30. I don’t know you but I’m 52 and I’m guessing if we were playing church league or something that you and I and 3 other random people from the board could top that. 8 of 30?? : 0. Damn. These are college b-ball players on scholarship.

Not talking shooting in general...talking free throws. 8 of 30. I don’t know you but I’m 52 and I’m guessing if we were playing church league or something that you and I and 3 other random people from the board could top that. 8 of 30?? : 0. Damn. These are college b-ball players on scholarship.
I agree that it was horrible but it still don’t mean anything going to the gym and making 28/30.

Haha I did the exact same thing yesterday but I only hit 17/30 :oops:

that was after not playing for over a week. I did quite a bit of running too before doing it. Not the same situation of course but basketball is life for these kids. It’s unfathomable that they shot 8/30. Free college to shoot 8/30!

I would like to see you play any of these kids one on one.
Last I heard basketball was a 5 on 5 game? Funny how teams like Yale and BYU can compete against all the amazing athletic guys that are great one on one... It's because basketball is a team sport, and no one gives a **** how someone would do one on one. I tell my 12 year old son this ALL THE TIME, because he beats almost everyone one on one... but in some games he looks like a deer in headlights.

Make free throws and bunnies and we'd probably have some big wins. I'm not down on this team at all. Thor is the only back and we really thought we'd be decent? With the talent we have sitting and coming in, I am expecting big things for Go Big Fred. Dude is a lights out coach and we will be tournament bound regularly very soon.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Make free throws and bunnies and we'd probably have some big wins. I'm not down on this team at all. Thor is the only back and we really thought we'd be decent? With the talent we have sitting and coming in, I am expecting big things for Go Big Fred. Dude is a lights out coach and we will be tournament bound regularly very soon.
I tend to be a skeptic anymore. I hope you’re right but will wait until we finish in top half of the conference before getting too excited. Same for FB...first time we win 7 or 8 games...I’ll start to get the juices flowing. Until then...tired of sucking in....ummm...about everything.

OK- somebody’s gotta do it, and it’s gonna be me:
I can throw screen and swing passes better than Adrian Martinez.
uncle_rico_2.jpg

... and kick onside kick better than Caleb Lightbourne.
... but I’ll admit I once threw a disc golf frisbee backwards. Those are tricky.
(all of this is true).

Y
Last I heard basketball was a 5 on 5 game? Funny how teams like Yale and BYU can compete against all the amazing athletic guys that are great one on one... It's because basketball is a team sport, and no one gives a **** how someone would do one on one. I tell my 12 year old son this ALL THE TIME, because he beats almost everyone one on one... but in some games he looks like a deer in headlights.
you r right bb is a team sport. It is much more than 5 on 5. That’s great your son is that good, the one thing you tell him is be coach able and a coach will make him a good team player.

Guys, do you think it's worth working out in the gym every day to lose 10 extra pounds in a month? Will it be safe for the body? Very soon my girlfriend and I are going on a vacation at the sea and I want to lose 10 extra pounds. I understand that it will be stressful for the body to lose so many pounds in such a short time, but it's really important for me to look great. I already found a couple of great tips on the Skinny Yoked blog on how to get your body in shape. However, I will be happy to hear your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
That’s solid. I miss going to the gym, now with all these restrictions. Still, I see that slowly everything comes back to normal. This year, while the gym was closed, I decided that it would be great to make a sport outdoor corner. My wife was kind of against it, but I think it was an excellent decision to make it. Thanks to https://fitbodybuzz.com/outdoor-exercise-equipment-outside-workout/, I chose the best gym equipment for my family and me. They have pretty good recommendations. Indeed it was beneficial!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Hell, I can kick the ball at the rim and make 8-30

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT