ADVERTISEMENT

Just cant stop thinking of how

husker reality

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 4, 2001
The Lincoln Riley to USC went down since Trev is using the same service. He was hounded and hounded constantly about going LSU and even denied it the nite before after losing to OSU. Boom the next day gone to LA and nobody saw it coming.

It's going to be someone not thought of.....

Reactions: Landomatic
The Lincoln Riley to USC went down since Trev is using the same service. He was hounded and hounded constantly about going LSU and even denied it the nite before after losing to OSU. Boom the next day gone to LA and nobody saw it coming.

They were right about one thing, he didn't leave Oklahoma for LSU.

Hope its something like that

Been saying this for a while now.

That's why I'm watching to see what Kiffin says after the game tonight. All thoughts are on Auburn, but he has pushed back against that claim while not saying he is staying at Ole Miss. And the contract advantage he could have by leaving is huge.

I too have wondered about this possibility. Looking at what USC did to OU, it opens ups all kinds of possibilities. I do believe that while Nebraska is still an attractive brand, the USC turnaround was an easier task than what lies ahead of the next Nebraska coach. Whomever takes the Nebraska job will need to have some kind of emotional investment on top of the financial considerations. I'm not suggesting they need a Nebraska tie-in, but they will need to want to ressurect this program and honestly should have aspirations of building a CFP contender.

Everything seems to be leaning towards Rhule, which is fine enough indeed. But if Trev pulls a rabbit out of his ass like USC did, then things are sort of wide open, but not really. Too many of the top coaches are just "No Way" going to Nebraska. But - there are certainly possibilities of which have been mentioned too many times to count.

Luke Fickell
Kyle Wittingham
Mark Stoops
Lane Kiffin
Mike Gundy

Each one of these have justifiable motives to make a move, so they would seemingly be real possibilities in lieu of Rhule. I guess we will see soon enough.

I would be for this! Gundy is a good coach!
No thanks. As an OSU alum (Omaha transplant) I am not a fan. He topped out a decade ago and does not win any championships of note. He threatens to leave every couple of years and gets another raise. He will never win anything and will cash ever increasing Ok State checks until he retires. I usually tell my college friends in OK to not get so excited before each season since they will lose 3 games as normal. It is perpetual Groundhog Day in Stillwater, OK.

No thanks. As an OSU alum (Omaha transplant) I am not a fan. He topped out a decade ago and does not win any championships of note. He threatens to leave every couple of years and gets another raise. He will never win anything and will cash ever increasing Ok State checks until he retires. I usually tell my college friends in OK to not get so excited before each season since they will lose 3 games as normal. It is perpetual Groundhog Day in Stillwater, OK.
He's a cowboy at heart, but c'mon he has "one last adventure" in him.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
I am not convinced we aren’t still also negotiating with Luke Fickell. I will be rooting for Tulane to beat Cincy, so they aren’t in their conference title game.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT