ADVERTISEMENT

Just back from game...

Big Ten officiating has been atrocious this season. Maybe it’s always been this bad, but good grief it’s beyond inexcusable how bad it is this year. Officials at that level should be FAR better. That PI on Jackson was boarderline and at that point in the game it should have been a no call. Jackson’s PI was no worse than the no call on the MSU PI in the end zone. At the very least if you call Jackson for PI, then MSU should have been called on the one in the end zone. Just bad, bad, bad...

The worst missed call of the game was the no call on the face mask on Ozigbo. It was almost as bad the missed facemask against Crouch in the 98 KSU game! Both PI's on Jackson were questionable at best especially since the one against MSU was not called when Morgan was interfered with !

The worst missed call of the game was the no call on the face mask on Ozigbo. It was almost as bad the missed facemask against Crouch in the 98 KSU game! Both PI's on Jackson were questionable at best especially since the one against MSU was not called when Morgan was interfered with !

1- Thanks for going and cheering in those conditions.
2- Hope your thawed out.
3- HOW IN THE HELL CAN THE BIG TEN MAKE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND YET HAVE OFFICIATING LIKE THAT ON THE FIELD?
4- Go Big Red, Beat Iowa.

Reactions: HBK4life
Terrible officiating. My god. Antonio Reed..your Blackshirt is waiting. Pickering..big time kicks young man!! My toes were frozen. Awesome to send the seniors out like that in Nebraska football weather!! Bring on herky!! GBR!!
That officiating really needs to be looked into. Its been bad all year, but that was really bad. Yes Reed played a hell of a game, he deserves a Blackshirt after that. Pickering came up huge. Great win for this team.
On a side note, wonder where all the trolls have went. Seemed to have vanished the second half of the year. Iowa your next!

Reactions: saluno22
Man I was worried they were going to call a personal foul on Reed for going high when he sacked their QB causing a fumble. It wasn’t close but that didn’t seem to matter for those refs most of the game.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Was great in the end. Snow flying, crowd and team was lit. Every bad call from the zebras just energized the place. Definitely a great environment sans the pussy student section. Great time!
should we limit student tickets to 4k...I noticed they didn't fill their the south stadium during Illinois either...or is this something having a great team will fix?

Reactions: nwualum
Man I was worried they were going to call a personal foul on Reed for going high when he sacked their QB causing a fumble. It wasn’t close but that didn’t seem to matter for those refs most of the game.
Yes, I thought that same thing. I was waiting for the targeting call. So, as bad as the officiating was and is, it could have been worse. We don’t win without that sack.

Everyone in the stadium except the moron refs saw it lol.

Yes!!!! I could not believe they missed that!!!

Big Ten officiating has been atrocious this season. Maybe it’s always been this bad, but good grief it’s beyond inexcusable how bad it is this year. Officials at that level should be FAR better. That PI on Jackson was boarderline and at that point in the game it should have been a no call. Jackson’s PI was no worse than the no call on the MSU PI in the end zone. At the very least if you call Jackson for PI, then MSU should have been called on the one in the end zone. Just bad, bad, bad...

And the out of bounds hit on Morgan. Bad, or orders from BIG powers to be Biased?

Reactions: blackbones
1. Stanley Morgan LATE LATE hit out of bounds 15 yards
2. Ozigbo facemask 15 yards
3. MSU DL driving his body into our QB's chest and into the turf after a pass 15 yards
4. Fake pass interference on Lamar Jackson 15 yards and free 1st down for MSU
5. Fake pass interference on Lamar Jackson spot foul and free 1st down for MSU
6. No call on MSU pass interference on Stanley Morgan in the end zone should have been 1st and goal at the 1 yard line
7. Ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct call on either Mo Barry or another defender after their OL drove one of our guys into the turf after the whistle 15 yards

Basically did everything to keep MSU in the game from the jump. Something tells me the refs had the under on this one.

Was great in the end. Snow flying, crowd and team was lit. Every bad call from the zebras just energized the place. Definitely a great environment sans the pussy student section. Great time!
The stadium looked crazy in the fourth quarter. Cold probably sucked, but looked like the team and fans were really feeding off each other's energy there. Jealous I couldn't be there for it

3. MSU DL driving his body into our QB's chest and into the turf after a pass 15 yards
6. No call on MSU pass interference on Stanley Morgan in the end zone should have been 1st and goal at the 1 yard line
7. Ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct call on either Mo Barry or another defender after their OL drove one of our guys into the turf after the whistle 15 yards

Basically did everything to keep MSU in the game from the jump. Something tells me the refs had the under on this one.
Number 6 on your list was a big bullshit no call MSU got away with one there for sure and then they flag our secondary for for less contact which would be number 5 on your list.

Reactions: TheBeav815

I thought the refs were crap for both teams. Missed the easy calls and called some ticky tack crap. The roughing the passer they called on the guy hitting Martinez as he threw the ball wasn’t as bad as one they didn’t call in the first half.

The unsportsmanlike on on MSU when he walked through Nebraska guys was ridiculous considering Tre Neal was taunting when he go beat but the ball was over thrown.

Definitely was PI on Stanley? Late in the game in the endzone.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I was at the game as well. One of the best Ive been to in awhile.

It cannot be understated how dirty of a team MSU is. Ive not seen a team this dirty in awhle. The TV cannot catch half of it as much of it was happening so far away from the play. A competant crew could have easily called 3-4 more unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike penalties on MSU. MSU is now literally my most hated big ten team. Yes more than Iowa. I will say their fans were nice. But man their team was cheap! I was shocked by it really and so were other fans we talked to.

The hit on Martinez mentioned above was a rightful no call, imo. He just got hit hard, you cant penalize that, its football! And there was PLENTY worse they could have called out there. Dont even get me started on the holds, just watch the hail mary play in the highlights. Yikes!

What a great environment and fans. It was rocking and it was awesome. Ill never understand a dome and Im glad we dont play in one. That was fun saturday and the snow made it better.

Shame on the stundents. Not even the good seats in east stadium were full. As a former proponent of giving students more and better seats, I now believe they need to take some away. Embarrasing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I was at the game and I thought the crowd was energized especially when a call or two didn't go our way. the stripes had a bad day on some of the calls, they got some right, they missed some and they let some go, happens every game.

I was at the game and I thought the crowd was energized especially when a call or two didn't go our way. the stripes had a bad day on some of the calls, they got some right, they missed some and they let some go, happens every game.
This was not a normal "oh humdum it happens" kind of game.
This was worse. How do you not call PI with a perfect view three yards from you?
This "bad calls happen" mentality needs to end when its as extreme as it was yesterday. The big ten needs to get better refs or hold them more accountable. Its that simple and yes it CAN have an effect on the outcome of the game.

Hard to tell how many students were actually there. They tend to huddle even closer together when it is cold. Secondly, many fans stayed away from the game also. If you had the no shows all in one section it would be as bad or worse than the student section. This is their team as much as it is ours and we already limit their tickets.

I thought the refs were crap for both teams. Missed the easy calls and called some ticky tack crap. The roughing the passer they called on the guy hitting Martinez as he threw the ball wasn’t as bad as one they didn’t call in the first half.

The unsportsmanlike on on MSU when he walked through Nebraska guys was ridiculous considering Tre Neal was taunting when he go beat but the ball was over thrown.

Definitely was PI on Stanley? Late in the game in the endzone.
I agree the unsportsmanlike call on Msu with The Neal was ridiculous just as it was ridiculous the unsportsmanlike penalty Barry got a few plays earlier when the Msu player was mauling Bootle after the whistle was blown.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Hard to tell how many students were actually there. They tend to huddle even closer together when it is cold. Secondly, many fans stayed away from the game also. If you had the no shows all in one section it would be as bad or worse than the student section. This is their team as much as it is ours and we already limit their tickets.

There is a wider and wider discrepancy between the in stadium experience and at home experience with each successive year. It is amazing that the stadium has been as full as it has been in recent years given the lack of success. Other universities are feeling the crunch more than Nebraska and stadium capacities are being reduced in many instances. It is getting harder and harder to convince people to give up an entire day in many instances to attend a game in person

Debating going and finally decided to drive the 3 hours and freeze my butt. GREAT decision. Good crowd for the weather. Seemed pretty thin during the 3rd Qtr but man it pretty much filled back in during the 4th. The student section wasn't that bad considering the damned wind was right in their face the whole game. Most of those kids don't have insulated bibs etc to wear to a game and it was BRUTAL in the south stadium.

I agree the unsportsmanlike call on Msu with The Neal was ridiculous just as it was ridiculous the unsportsmanlike penalty Barry got a few plays earlier when the Msu player was mauling Bootle after the whistle was blown.
Yeah for sure. They were getting the guy retaliating each time.

Bootle could have been seriously injured on that chicken sh## play. The guy should have been flagged for holding AND a personal foul. Had his are wrapped and drove Bootle into the ground on his shoulder. Man that one pissed me off.

Reactions: HBK4life
Watched the UM-IU game and IU may give MSU a run for dirtiest. Chase Winovich got the Trev Albert treatment where a lineman jumped on him when already on the ground - possible broken collarbone. Another Michigan player taken off on a stretcher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT