Just another Nebraska bigot

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
I dont know this dude or his history, but is there anything other than this dumbass tweet that you are basing this claim on? Those are some awfully big charges you have levied.

I listened to his show for a few years around 2014 and catch clips from my bosses radio. Chris Baker frequently pushed the envelope. The tweet doesn't surprise me.

jlgformk

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2007
Both are racial humor. I don't distinguish between the two. I'm not a moral authority, and don't really believe in moral authority. People should be allowed to make jokes, even if they are offensive.
And people have the right to call those jokes offensive and point out that it doesn’t make the company giving him a platform look good. And the company has the right to decide the guy isn’t worth it. Everyone here was acting well within their rights. Make all the jokes you want, just know that there can be consequences.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
And people have the right to call those jokes offensive and point out that it doesn’t make the company giving him a platform look good. And the company has the right to decide the guy isn’t worth it. Everyone here was acting well within their rights. Make all the jokes you want, just know that there can be consequences.

Precisely, everyone has the right to complain. Everyone has the right to tell jokes. Everyone can be fired. Everyone has the right to a fair trial. Everyone has the right to choose who they fvck (of legal age). Everyone has the right to cut off their hands. Everyone has the right to cut off their penis. Everyone has the right to cut off their feet. Everyone has the right to tell their parents that they are worthless, and blame them for their shit life. Everyone has the right to jump off a cliff to save the rest of us from their drama. Everyone has the right to eat grass.

Ultimately, fvck moral superiority. There were shit parents in my neighborhood (not mine, I love my parents) that tried to pull shit like that with me too. Telling me what not to say, etc. I typically respond with additional vulgarity.

I don't know who the guy is that got fired, I don't know what TV station he was on. I don't really care about any of that. I do care about people being able to express their opinions, no matter how shitty, no matter how vulgar, no matter who it might hurt.

Some people are pissed at this basketball player currently, because they think he is putting another humans life in danger. But I don't care, let him be shitty, let people think he is shitty, the bodies sort themselves out.

IowaHuskerFan3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007
He's a public figure. Joe Lunchpail cutting lawns would be fine in this situation. Let's not compare the two.
Heard on the news just a minute ago that Lebron James twittted a picture of the next Cop to stand trial with the caption of Your Next and then deleted it. I bet nothing happens to King James.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
It wasn’t long ago that people had the ability to express opinions without losing their job or being ostracized from society.

although I do think that tweet would have cooked that guy even a couple years ago..

Racists being ostracized from society is a good thing, that’s called progress

Reactions: jlgformk

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Heard on the news just a minute ago that Lebron James twittted a picture of the next Cop to stand trial with the caption of Your Next and then deleted it. I bet nothing happens to King James.
That is not a good look on Lebrons part

Reactions: JBBHUSKER

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I’ve seen 10x worse racist posts on these boards from all the bleeding heart liberals, and they never apologize for it when I call them out. Seems VERY hypocritical of the same crowd to be celebrating someone else being cancelled for something a lot more tame.

timwlarsen

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2006
Thanks ....it’s not racist now
You said Africans, noting a particular race. There is no social or historical connections with that photo to the continent you referenced. Again, I didn’t see the connection. Your are using this to push a social movement. You made the choice to make a connection on color? They are not the same.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Racists being ostracized from society is a good thing, that’s called progress
Not when everything is viewed from that lens. Oppose the green new deal? Racist. Support for voter ID? Racist. Against illegal immigration? Racist. Oppose tax payer funding of PP? Racist. Disagree with $15 min wage? Racist.

Most liberals don’t even care to debate issues anymore... not when it’s much easier to frame, (with a huge assist from the media) their opposition as racist/sexist/homophobes.. etc etc

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Not when everything is viewed from that lens. Oppose the green new deal? Racist. Support for voter ID? Racist. Against illegal immigration? Racist. Oppose tax payer funding of PP? Racist. Disagree with $15 min wage? Racist.

Most liberals don’t even care to debate issues anymore... not when it’s much easier to frame, (with a huge assist from the media) their opposition as racist/sexist/homophobes.. etc etc

To most reasonable people it’s really not hard to avoid being/recognizing racism.

timwlarsen

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2006
What’s a shame is why we can’t have an actual discussion on how wrong or why we stereotype, I don’t walk in any of the shoes where this happens, but I have in the past. The people who are quite are the ones who need to lead.

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
You said Africans, noting a particular race. There is no social or historical connections with that photo to the continent you referenced. Again, I didn’t see the connection. Your are using this to push a social movement. You made the choice to make a connection on color? They are not the same.
Whatever man....the asshole got fired. I am pretty sure most reasonable people thought it was racist. I will look closer at the racism next time to be sure I pinpoint it more clearly from now on

Reactions: MotorBoater

timwlarsen

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2006
Whatever man....the asshole got fired. I am pretty sure most reasonable people thought it was racist. I will look closer at the racism next time to be sure I pinpoint it more clearly from now on
A 7 year old girl was killed. Hear about it? There was no larger moral crime IMO . Make the news? Guessing your local radio guy lead for the day. Sticks and stones over tragic death. That’s today’s society.

Reactions: cornheader

cornheader

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
A 7 year old girl was killed. Hear about it? There was no larger moral crime IMO . Make the news? Guessing your local radio guy lead for the day. Sticks and stones over tragic death. That’s today’s society.
Counterpoints don’t mean anything in today’s social media driven world. Don’t hold your breath for a logical rebuttal of why it’s more important to focus on isolated events, rather endless gang shootings. The blind eye towards reality won’t ever correct itself.

The vast majority of this board and other social media outlets (99.9%) aren’t directly involved in any capacity of violent crime, but the social media lifestyle of today empowers them to manipulate to whatever mob they cling to, into saying their opinion matters or has merit.

Reactions: HuskerCK

MotorBoater

Nebraska Legend
Aug 13, 2008
Glad he was fired, all he did was push the envelope to fire people up and divide this nation. Is he a racist? No idea, is what he posted racist? Yes, especially with how scrutinized this trial was and what it meant to our nation moving forward with race relations and the idiot makes a tweet like that. Don’t feel sorry for him one bit and hopefully he learns from this.

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Yet.....here you are in a thread dedicated to a topic you deem unimportant, having not spared the time to start a thread dedicated to a discussion of what really matters. Spare me the self righteous indignation.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006

Most liberals don’t even care to debate issues anymore... not when it’s much easier to frame,(with a huge assist from the media) their opposition as racist/sexist/homophobes.. etc etc

To most reasonable people it’s really not hard to avoid being/recognizing racism.
There is some truth to what @whiteshoes97 is saying tho.

Real talk... Part of the problem of fighting real racism (like this Tweet, or hell even LeBron's tweet) is that everything is labeled racists without any attempt at understanding true intention.

When you cry wolf at everything nobody listens or learns or grows

Last edited:

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
Both are racial humor. I don't distinguish between the two. I'm not a moral authority, and don't really believe in moral authority. People should be allowed to make jokes, even if they are offensive.

Ever watch SNL or late night variety shows??

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
No you haven't
Uhhh hello? This is false.

You haven't seen liberals in the past few years advocating for these things based on race? You missed these articles?

College entry
vaccination prioritization
emergency room prioritization
safe space (from certain races)
graduations for only certain races

This list could go on and on.

Reactions: Jaemekon