ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

His problem was always his snapping and it seems as though he's figured it out. Now if the rest of the line could be as aggressive as he is we'd be in business
I like the nastiness but they have to know when to stop after the whistle blows!

It is called playing smart, something our O-line doesn’t have a concept of right now with all the stupid penalties and stupid O-line coaching that doesn’t know how to teach these kids how to play smart.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I like the nastiness but they have to know when to stop after the whistle blows!

It is called playing smart, something our O-line doesn’t have a concept of right now with all the stupid penalties and stupid O-line coaching that doesn’t know how to teach these kids how to play smart.
Teddy has some nastiness. I expect him to start by years end.

I think Jurgens will be gone to the NFL after this year.

We could also lose a few OL to transfer portal.

I assume those are OL buried on the depth chart? Hope Cam doesn't leave for the NFL, the entire offense minus Toure could be back next year if he stays.

Would you if you could? (high draft grade).

No idea on who will leave, but I would bet we would lose a couple.

Piper switched to DL?

Reactions: headcard

maybe he needs a hearing aid? (serious)

Piper switched to DL?

Probably, but there are alot of factors. Depends on where he is graded, if he thinks he can improve his stock, how happy he is in Linclon, etc, etc.

Not sure I see Piper getting moved to DL. We seem to have more depth there than OL. He lost his spot to Hixon for the OU game, but Hixon didn't play very well either. I bet the shuffle on the OL isn't done yet.

Piper switched to DL?
Please show me where it says he has a high draft grade? As of last year he could barely snap the ball.. I'd bet the house he does not go to the NFL after this season

Reactions: OO Snipes
Please show me where it says he has a high draft grade? As of last year he could barely snap the ball.. I'd bet the house he does not go to the NFL after this season

The question was IF you had a high draft grade would you leave for the NFL. I never said he had one, I can see how it could be interpreted that way.

The question was IF you had a high draft grade would you leave for the NFL. I never said he had one, I can see how it could be interpreted that way.
That makes sense.. I think he sees himself as a leader of this team and hopefully sees they could potentially turn the corner (We'll see how the rest of the year shakes out) and if Adrian stayed I feel he would too.. But lots of games and opportunities left

Reactions: TheVegvisir
That makes sense.. I think he sees himself as a leader of this team and hopefully sees they could potentially turn the corner (We'll see how the rest of the year shakes out) and if Adrian stayed I feel he would too.. But lots of games and opportunities left
Agree on all counts...thanks.

Reactions: tjlSker90
How about we see a highlight of him lining up, snapping the ball(accurately) and blocking the nose tackle in front of him. That will impress me. Haven’t seen it.

Piper switched to DL?
With Jergens injury history, he would be wise to get an NFL contract ASAP, assuming it's a good one

There is so much for the center to learn and communicate. Recognizing what the D is doing quickly and coordinating that is a major part of the centers responsibility. It appears there is still plenty of room to grow in that area. Another instance where a few highlight plays cause excitement only to give way to long term questions.

Teddy has some nastiness. I expect him to start by years end.
I still with Nash was an OG

supposedly he is incognito nasty
I tend to agree. He's strong but lacks foot speed. Suited better for the OL. Plus, I'm a big fan of aggressivenessand nastiness, provided the player is able to stay within the rules and not hurt the team at a critical time.

Agree, Yet, really strong, nasty dudes that don't run well do belong on the offensive line and reserve the DL for those who run better.

I would disagree to a point, I believe it would depend on the position on either side of the ball, and the responsibilities they have.

A 2 gap nose does not need a lot of foot speed. Big and physical yes.

A pulling guard or tackle needs foot speed, a straight ahead blocking scheme, they might not need it as much.

I tend to agree. He's strong but lacks foot speed. Suited better for the OL. Plus, I'm a big fan of aggressivenessand nastiness, provided the player is able to stay within the rules and not hurt the team at a critical time.
He doesn't have to run that well. Former wrestlers make excellent defensive tackles. They can close gaps by directing their blocker wherever they want.

Cam had one high snap if I remember correctly and it wasn't tooooo bad. His penalty for personal foul with his back to the play I feel was not intentional. He's definitely improving.

Loving the running game. I know they didn't get a whole lot on the ground but I loooove that kind of football. Glad to see Frost implemented some of the CC plays. Promising. Sucks so bad Ervin done for the year, that guy was looking hungry to me!

Edit: was able to finally watch it on "u toob" yesterday

Ervin get well brother!

He doesn't have to run that well. Former wrestlers make excellent defensive tackles. They can close gaps by directing their blocker wherever they want.
But not all DT's are wrestlers.

Something that is widely overlooked is their wingspan. I spent a lot of time with Dave Rimington, at the racetrack, and Rimington always said the thing that hurt him the most at the next level was his rather average wingspan. At that high level, those dudes with the long arms get into your pads and they are the ones directing traffic.

An example is Benhart. At 6'9" he has average wingspan. He is very poor moving to his right in pass pro and is constantly backpedalling to make a rare pocket even smaller. He moves okay to his left and when he maintains leverage he has actually put some guys on the ground.

He seems like a really nice kid who is somewhat like a statue with slow feet. I think he's really poorly coached. He is a multiple state champion wrestler who has forgotten what leverage is all about, and I realize we are talking about DT's.

As has been stated many times on this board, this style of blocking isn't working in this conference considering we have several starters who are not very athletic. Instead of an aggressive line, we have a passive line, with an exception once in a while.

Not trying to start or win a disagreement, just giving an opinion.

I don't know if any of you guys listen to Jojo Domann's podcast (it's good)
He had Jurgy on last Monday's show (with Sean Callahan) after the OU loss.

It was pretty insightful hearing from Cam on those personal fouls - what we see on TV and what's happening on the field are different things. It's worth a listen.
go to 28:10

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you guys listen to Jojo Domann's podcast (it's good)
He had Jurgy on last Monday's show (with Sean Callahan) after the OU loss.

It was pretty insightful hearing from Cam on those personal fowls - what we see on TV and what's happening on the field are different things. It's worth a listen.

go to 28:10

iStock-1222034813.jpg

Reactions: TheVegvisir
Considering how our last couple of linemen drafted have transitioned to the NFL game and were able to show huge improvement. likely due to the quality of coaching they received in a short period of time could make Cam someone who finds a spot.

Jurgens really coming into his own, frost and co. Got that one right. Typical Nebraska farm kid who has been around livestock, you develop that mean streak dealing with dumb critters. Love it, needs to get other Oline on par
This is entirely true. Need more kids from hog buildings and cattle yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT